Best Pictures from The Prequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 05, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Author
Best Pictures from The Prequels (Read 125,938 times)

Kradan

Kradan

sigh

Well, at lest we got Advent and Last Signs of Life

Corporal Hicks

Kailem

Kailem

It's a shame Fire and Stone had to remove its Deacons, and that Covenant didn't feature them at all. I would have liked to have seen more of that little chap.

Corporal Hicks

You know, I think I just prefer the Neomorphs over the Deacons. The life cycle seemed less convoluted to get there, and visually, I just prefer the white over the blue.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I do like the Neomorphs too. And I could do with a more straightforward life cycle if we ever saw them again as well.

I always took the visual similarities with the regular Aliens as an implication that we'd get something that looked like that regardless of the fact that the one we saw in Prometheus came about through a very specific set of circumstances, so I would have liked to have seen a fully-grown version on the screen at some point too.

BlazinBlueReview

I'd say that I'm probably in the camp that puts the Deacon and Neomorphs on equal ground. Would love to seen more with Deacon. But on positive side it's a fun little nod.

The Neomorphs are pretty awesome tho. The white is a brilliant contrast to the Stark Black of the xenomorphs.

BlueMarsalis79

The Neomorph's the idea again but now refined.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 12, 2020, 11:37:05 AM
I always took the visual similarities with the regular Aliens as an implication that we'd get something that looked like that regardless of the fact that the one we saw in Prometheus came about through a very specific set of circumstances, so I would have liked to have seen a fully-grown version on the screen at some point too.

Definitely. The black goo is definitely some sort of template that seems to throw out a pre-defined form and function of a creature.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Jul 12, 2020, 01:52:39 PM
The Neomorphs are pretty awesome tho. The white is a brilliant contrast to the Stark Black of the xenomorphs.

And why nobody talks about that ? It's genius !

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2020, 11:18:47 AM
You know, I think I just prefer the Neomorphs over the Deacons. The life cycle seemed less convoluted to get there, and visually, I just prefer the white over the blue.

Deacon made me laugh

j0nesy

j0nesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 12, 2020, 02:45:37 PM

from what i've seen, most people think the neomorph is an awesome design and could have carried alien: covenant without the "praetomorph" getting involved. i firmly lump myself into this category

Evanus

Evanus

I think it could have worked, and I certainly wanted to see more of them. But since the whole film is essentially about "who made it, and why", I understand it had to make an appearance. And of course the studio wouldn't have it any other way. I just wish it didn't feel so rushed.

Immortan Jonesy

I'd've liked to see more decoration like this in Covenant.

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 12, 2020, 02:45:37 PM
Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Jul 12, 2020, 01:52:39 PM

It should work with a symbolic fan art piece. Something like this, but with the Neo.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 12, 2020, 04:56:57 PM
from what i've seen, most people think the neomorph is an awesome design and could have carried alien: covenant without the "praetomorph" getting involved. i firmly lump myself into this category

I definitely agree there too. The problem is that the Alien comes in so late, it just feels shoehorned in and isn't treated well for it. Spaiht's earlier scripts for Prometheus when it had this kind of road suffered the same problems too.

Kailem

Kailem

That's why I've always felt they did the right thing by removing them entirely and shifting Prometheus over to being more of its own thing rather than a straight-up "Alien: Origins."

Covenant by comparison was very obviously the result of Fox thinking that the reason that movie wasn't super well-received was just because it didn't have any Aliens in it, and doing the reverse by blatantly shoehorning them in where they didn't fit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed