Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 21, 2015, 02:48:51 PM

Author
Alien 5 won't be titled Alien 5, won't tread on Prometheus 2 (Read 75,192 times)

Murfy426

Quote from: The Other Mr. Runner on Mar 22, 2015, 01:52:21 AM
He won't trod on Prometheus' toes-- but he'll piss in the faces of fans of Alien³ and Resurrection all with a grin on his twaty little face? God, I wanna punch this director in the dickhead.

f**k him. f**k him with a rusty chib, sew buttons to his eye lids and rub a badger's rancid, hoaching arse in his face. The dirty little bastard claims he isn't getting rid of 3&4, but the next time we hear from him, he appears to be doing exactly that?!

Who let this one note f**k get a hold of Alien---F_U_C_K YOU FOX!
As much as I and other people love the third movie, fans of the fourth one? didn't realise there was such a group  :laugh: In all seriousness though Blomkamp just wants to branch off the story from the first two movies into something that I think fans deserved back then. Sure enough David Fincher did make the best out of a bad situation with alien 3 but it was nothing compared to the first two.

T Dog

When it comes down to it the big problem is that this AMAZINGNESS

Became THIS dogshit

Not to mention how unbelievably generic and unoriginal the Engineer design became

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Honest or not, predxeno, I utmost hate when someone does this bullshitery, especially a disgruntled Aliens nut-f-uck who threw his toys out of the pram upon seeing the first five minutes of the third film. And it's all to just so Hicks and Newt --BOOHOO THEY'RE F_U_C_KING DEAD NEIL-- can be stupidly revived. Rez already thread that line with Ripley.

May as well get over that barrel and lube up for the rough f**k over that's coming to us.

Sorry for all the swearing ladies and gents, just that this director is really rustling my jimmies with his fanfic intentions for this film.

Lol, believe Murfy...we exist.  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Other Mr. Runner on Mar 22, 2015, 02:18:29 AM
Sorry for all the swearing ladies and gents, just that this director is really rustling my jimmies with his fanfic intentions for this film.

I was the same way with PREDATORS. So I understand how you feel.

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 22, 2015, 02:02:39 AM
At least he is upfront about his intents, he's altering continuity by creating a multiverse; that's still miles better than outright breaking continuity by trying to make a movie that ignores all previous works while still existing in the same universe.

Glad to know you're coming around the way I see things, now PredXeno! I mean a lot of franchises do this, and I've pointed a few out that have already done this and are known for doing it! No point in releasing a timeline chart anymore now we've got multiple continuity paths, as that seems to be the case!

p1nk81cd

Multiple continuity paths sounds good, but why this one- why not the one that the Queen kills Ripley in the loader fight, tortures little Newt rather than killing her, which  leaves it up to Hicks and what's left of Bishop to stop her highness before the Sulaco autopilots back to Earth?

Son Of Kane

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 22, 2015, 02:17:03 AM
When it comes down to it the big problem is that this AMAZINGNESS
http://i.stack.imgur.com/5AGwh.jpg

Became THIS dogshit
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/StBMEpWreGk/hqdefault.jpg

Not to mention how unbelievably generic and unoriginal the Engineer design became
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-hunters/2009/10/21/seth-sfivx-large.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080724142111/watchmen/images/7/7c/Doctor_Manhattan_(movie).jpg

Lol, this is just too dumb, I need to take a break from this discount forum.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Other Mr. Runner on Mar 22, 2015, 02:33:05 AM
Multiple continuity paths sounds good, but why this one- why not the one that the Queen kills Ripley in the loader fight, tortures little Newt rather than killing her, which  leaves it up to Hicks and what's left of Bishop to stop her highness before the Sulaco autopilots back to Earth?

Wait... What?

Is that a thing? Is this... what you just said about a Queen killing Ripley in the Power Loader a thing?

SiL

It's just an idea, dude. It's not a thing.

Murfy426

Quote from: The Other Mr. Runner on Mar 22, 2015, 02:33:05 AM
Why is it though that when fox preps to make another alien movie, they have to ritualistically make sure ripley is in it, why not use this new movie to introduce a new main character, someone new and fresh because im sorry ill say it time and time again, they have exhausted the character of ripley. Haha Mr Runner thank you for correcting me, liked the movie for certain things but not in general but got to admit the newborns eyes did freak me out lol thanks for putting a chill in my spine before I start work lol

p1nk81cd

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 22, 2015, 02:35:28 AM
Wait... What?

Is that a thing? Is this... what you just said about a Queen killing Ripley in the Power Loader a thing?

Just one of many things swirling around.

Hey tmjhur, you forgot this one too- the true inspiration for Prometheus' Engineers.

Born Of Cold Light

Theoretically, this could work.  Blomkamp could do the more traditional Alien stories with Ridley focusing on more trippy stuff that brings to life the artwork of Giger and Carlos Huante to life with abandon.  If we don't ever see at least one version of the ultramorph in the films, it will be a great tragedy.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Mar 22, 2015, 02:39:50 AM
It's just an idea, dude. It's not a thing.

I thought it was a thing like... a discarded script or something. Huh..

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 22, 2015, 02:40:19 AM
Why is it though that when fox preps to make another alien movie, they have to ritualistically make sure ripley is in it, why not use this new movie to introduce a new main character

I honestly don't understand the Ripley mandate myself. I mean the new EU does happen to have now a Ripley family thing going on, but pre-reboot EU material at first tried to have a Ripley thing going on-- didn't last too long since Alien 3 came out. After that, there were mostly stand alone stories which could be looked as isolated events taking place in the same universe, very few stories were interconnected with each other. But now.. that we're getting a revival of the Ripley story, well..

Maybe Fox feels that the Alien franchise can't be carried by anyone else who isn't Sigourney Weaver, or even a Ripley.

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 22, 2015, 02:40:19 AM
Why is it though that when fox preps to make another alien movie, they have to ritualistically make sure ripley is in it, why not use this new movie to introduce a new main character, someone new and fresh because im sorry ill say it time and time again, they have exhausted the character of ripley. Haha Mr Runner thank you for correcting me, liked the movie for certain things but not in general but got to admit the newborns eyes did freak me out lol thanks for putting a chill in my spine before I start work lol

Yes, god give us somebody fresh! Glad to be of chilling service Murfy  :-*  ;D

QuoteI thought it was a thing like... a discarded script or something. Huh..

Nah, just made that up. I wouldn't mind seeing it though.

Murfy426

Murfy426

Okay well enough bring her back for this movie but why not bring her as a supporting character and have the movie narrative being viewed through a new characters eyes?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 22, 2015, 02:52:25 AM
Okay well enough bring her back for this movie but why not bring her as a supporting character and have the movie narrative being viewed through a new characters eyes?

Here's the thing... Blomkamp wanted to do at least two or three more sequels with Ripley. But here's a couple issues with that, for one where can he go with more sequels and two... Weaver will be pushing seventy by the time he started on the next sequel. Anymore sequels, we'll be having a geriatric Ellen Ripley. If we aren't getting one already.

Whether or not Blomkamp is going to do a sequel depends on whether or not the movie does commercially or critically. I can say that it will do well commercially because fans are going to go see this movie, even fans that are already trashing this movie. We're suckers for this sort of shit. And it's true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed