For all those who hate A:CM

Started by Predator@Alien, Oct 16, 2019, 01:44:02 PM

Author
For all those who hate A:CM (Read 22,291 times)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 16, 2020, 11:54:59 AM
Our views on a subject have nothing to do with canonicity as this is not a case of canon = must be good, non-canon = must be bad. That is not how it works. Quality, story and whether it makes sense are the factor by which we judge.

I'm compeltely ok with you on this point. And that was my problem for a while. We know that the fact that this game was canon or not has been debated during a long time. And I saw a lot of people (not only here) say that "it is not canon because it's a bad game !" And why is that a bad game ? "Because of the graphics and IA" ... I saw that a lot of time and I wasn't agree with that. The fact that it is canon concerns the story only. Fortunately ! Imagine just because the special effects of a film are not great, so the film is not canon ... with itself ?! It's ridiculous.
So I'm okay with people who say that the story has a problem, that a good debate. And I just want justice with other "official canon" like I said previously. It seems to be ok with you here but I'm not sure that everybody are like you...

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, it's non-canon regardless, it's just also awful.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 16, 2020, 01:59:41 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2020, 01:57:36 AM
I think the environments they extended beyond the film with the colony and Sulaco were decent enough - but there were many issues with recreating what we saw in the film.  Big things like the Sulaco hangar being suddenly half it's original size, Morse being missing from the Alien 3 flashback, down to small stuff like lockers being in the wrong spot or the geography in the Fiorina flashback being all wrong.

Gotcha, I'll say that those are fair things to complain about them getting wrong considering the other details they got right.

QuoteI think one of the biggest problems is that the gameplay isnt even fun.

I disagree, when you up the difficulty for campaign its good enough fun, I'd imagine using the PC fix makes it better.
That being said the multiplayer is where this game was the best.

Im talking about single player, which isnt fun for me regardless of difficulty.

I dont count MP since by the time I tried to play it was already abandoned.

The Old One

The Old One

And good riddance.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

To be fair unless you're on the forums you'd never know it wasn't canon. You can find countless articles saying it is canon from large publications such as Forbes. Yet there are zero articles that say it was decanonized. Then there's the "in universe" Augmented Reality USCM Survival Manual which came out November 2017 that mentions events from the game therefore reinforcing the notion of ACM being canon. I joined the forums when "Dead Orbit" concluded (Dec 2017) so up until then I assumed the "new canon" was anything released post Prometheus as there wasn't much evidence to assume otherwise.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It also made Alien 3 a better movie.

SM

SM

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jan 16, 2020, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 16, 2020, 11:54:59 AM
Our views on a subject have nothing to do with canonicity as this is not a case of canon = must be good, non-canon = must be bad. That is not how it works. Quality, story and whether it makes sense are the factor by which we judge.

I'm compeltely ok with you on this point. And that was my problem for a while. We know that the fact that this game was canon or not has been debated during a long time. And I saw a lot of people (not only here) say that "it is not canon because it's a bad game !" And why is that a bad game ? "Because of the graphics and IA" ... I saw that a lot of time and I wasn't agree with that. The fact that it is canon concerns the story only. Fortunately ! Imagine just because the special effects of a film are not great, so the film is not canon ... with itself ?! It's ridiculous.
So I'm okay with people who say that the story has a problem, that a good debate. And I just want justice with other "official canon" like I said previously. It seems to be ok with you here but I'm not sure that everybody are like you...

A:CM isn't canon because the IP creators decided they didn't want it to be canon.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did they wait and see how it would be received before making that decision?

SM

SM

Dunno.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did they always know how stupid the premise was?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 16, 2020, 09:49:24 PM
It also made Alien 3 a better movie.

I hear tell that only the assembly cut makes A3 a better movie  :laugh:

SM

SM

You've been misled.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

:laugh:

SM

SM

;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe an assembly cut of ACM would be a better game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed