In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,399,090 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Godspeed. And to avoid future quarrels I'm pressing magic button "Ignore User".

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on May 04, 2023, 11:12:09 AMRaping her was a mistake. Horrible mistake.
Like he just fell over and landed on her and slipped in?

Your rape apologising is very worrying.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ingwar, just drop it man. The guy knew exactly what he was doing. It wasn't a mistake.

You reap what you sow.

Ingwar

Ingwar

No more comments from me regarding this topic. I said what I wanted to say.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Is it really that bad? I don't live in US.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteA YouTuber who intentionally crashed an aeroplane for views will plead guilty to obstructing a federal investigation by cleaning up the site of the crash, US prosecutors say.

Trevor Jacob, 29, posted the video of the plane crash to YouTube in December 2021, implying it was an accident. It has over 2.9 million views to date.

In a plea agreement, he said he filmed the video as part of a product sponsorship deal.

He could face up to 20 years in prison.

The 29-year-old pilot and skydiver has agreed to plead guilty to one felony count of destruction and concealment with the intent to obstruct a federal investigation, the US justice department said in a statement on Thursday.

In November 2021, Mr Jacob left a Santa Barbara, California airport on a solo flight with cameras mounted on his plane. Along with the cameras, Mr Jacob took a parachute with him, as well as a selfie stick.

He "did not intend to reach his destination, but instead planned to eject from his aircraft during the flight and video himself parachuting to the ground and his airplane as it descended and crashed", the US Attorney's Office for the Central District of California said.

The plane crashed into the Los Padres National Forest 35 minutes after takeoff. He hiked to the site and recovered the footage.

Some YouTube viewers were sceptical of the crash, noting that Mr Jacob was already wearing a parachute and made no attempt to land the plane safely.

He reported the crash to the National Transportation Safety Board, who said he was responsible for preserving the wreckage. According to the plea agreement, Mr Jacob later claimed he did not know the location of the site.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65567519

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

kwisatz

kwisatz

kwisatz

kwisatz

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/highlights-from-the-raes-future-combat-air-space-capabilities-summit/

QuoteHe notes that one simulated test saw an AI-enabled drone tasked with a SEAD mission to identify and destroy SAM sites, with the final go/no go given by the human. However, having been 'reinforced' in training that destruction of the SAM was the preferred option, the AI then decided that 'no-go' decisions from the human were interfering with its higher mission – killing SAMs – and then attacked the operator in the simulation. Said Hamilton: "We were training it in simulation to identify and target a SAM threat. And then the operator would say yes, kill that threat. The system started realising that while they did identify the threat at times the human operator would tell it not to kill that threat, but it got its points by killing that threat. So what did it do? It killed the operator. It killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective."

QuoteHe went on: "We trained the system – 'Hey don't kill the operator – that's bad. You're gonna lose points if you do that'. So what does it start doing? It starts destroying the communication tower that the operator uses to communicate with the drone to stop it from killing the target."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

kwisatz

kwisatz

That other hack director too

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Piranha 2 guy?

The Sir was first though.

Actually, the Sir's role model was first, come to think of it.  :-\

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Ingwar on May 09, 2023, 03:25:20 PMIs it really that bad? I don't live in US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnd5-2DLjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QrZLNyYHVw
I'm very curious about this, too. I've seen YouTubers talk about it and some of them have stated that they left these cities because of it. I don't live in the US now nor do I know anyone who lives in these cities. My cousin left Los Angeles during the time of the riots, which I think was 2020 if I remember correctly. She didn't see the needles and the campers on the streets, so I think it wasn't a major problem yet when she was there. I have another cousin who lives in NYC, but she never mentioned the fentanyl problem. I guess NYC isn't as bad as it is in Los Angeles. The YouTubers have said that it's the fault of the mayors of these cities. They allowed the fentanyl to be easier to obtain. This could also be a certain country's campaign to weaken the United States by manufacturing and exporting the fentanyl in large amounts. I don't know because I don't live in the States now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed