FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 147,211 times)

Game_Over_Man

Melmoth

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 21, 2011, 09:10:22 PM
I suppose how it is all presented but right now the jumpy human alien zombie is hurting the street cred of RS.

From the Alien, which scott is tired of looking at but remains one of the most influential monster designs in cinematic history, to space zombie, which has been done a hundred and fifty zillion times.

DO NOT WANT.

Hopefully the transformation continues.

Even in "Alien" Scott didn't show us the full Alien until the end of the movie. Why should he show us the "Prometheus" creatures in the trailer?

BTW: 14 creature designers/sculptors etc. are working for "Prometheus" and creatures production manager = WETA Digital. They will do more than a "human alien zombie"  ;)

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 08:42:54 PM

Starmap/Pilot room.
The size of the set has been made to fit regular human size for the shoot but on screen you can see that actual humans will be tiny. Clearly not as tall as Fassbender is in the middle of the plateform...
So the human characters will be reduced in post to make the look Engineers huge.
Easier that the other way around i guess.

As for the mutated guy, its settled.
No human can jump like they do, especially outside of the ship without helmets ^^

Reminds me of what they did to the hobbits in LOTRO.

"The actors that play hobbits in our movies are all being made to look small, so we certainly agree that absolutely hobbits are smaller than normal people, and even though we've cast actors like Elijah and Sean, they are being made to look small. We're doing this through a variety of techniques, like we're doing a lot of bluescreen work where we can composite them onto scenes at a smaller size. We're also using a lot of old fashioned techniques like forced perspective, which is a technique that you simply put the hobbit actor a bit further away from the camera than the human-sized actor, and therefore the hobbits appear to be smaller, which is a very well used and simple technique - but we've also made that more complex by being able to move the camera with forced perspective shots, which people have traditionally not been able to do, and we're using computers and motion control platforms and various other things to be able to push that technique to another level."

gooner_no1

This looks like a mutant with the top of its head blown out. It looks really creepy and disturbing - and most, dare I say it, un-PG-13 like.

I was talking to someone who worked on this film in a limited capacity and they told me that the thinking is that a PG-13 rating can be secured because the most gory elements happen to synthetics and creatures. I had no reason to doubt this person - but now I do.

marsekay

absolutely no way will "generic mutated man" be the final stage of that mutation. no way.

cmon if some gunks mutates all living organisms into another organism, when aimed at a human, you HAVE to have a stage where hes a bit mutated before hes VERY mutated.

i think this fear is an overreaction.

This is probably the escaping "chageling" scene, hes probably going to run off and activate his spacecraft, finish mutating into something beastly all with the humans trying to stop him.(with flamethrowers?)

Oh and everyone banging on about the serpent in the clip, there was somethin gthat looked a LOT like the thing in the urn, "bursting" through a layer of something towards the screen.

i'll try to find a cap.

Never say no to Panda!

Looks like part of the destroyed helmet (maybe the melting helmet we saw in part II) jumping over the "shuttle"...you see him then from the front jumping on someone in the other scene, there is the fire as well.

Kimo

Im sure Ridley will have a ace up his sleeve, i mean his not gunna give away his money shot in the Trailer. Monkey man might be just a red herring for the trailer, and his real monster is yet to be seen. Im sure Monkey man is key to the plot of Prometheus but why would ridley show his main monster or human turning in to jockey in the trailer. As far as we know, monkey man might be a  rogue android that got infected and the real monster/jockey is yet to be seen.

Never say no to Panda!

It's pretty sure that the real thing won't be revealed...otherwise i have to kick his a$$ personally.

Kimarhi

Hopefully so.  If mutated space man is as far as they go, I'll be disappointed for serious.

Samus007

I can't remember for the life of me, even though i've seen Alien too many times to count, but when is the Weyland logo visible? Or is it even ever mentioned? I know they always referred to them as "the company" in that film, but never Weyland.

???

RidgeTop

If the eggs are simply manufactured to destroy earth at the end of the film, meaning the Xenomorphs did not exist until 30 years prior to Alien; not only would it destroy the canon compatibility of the AVP films (some do care about them), games, and many of the comics, but it might also conflict with the idea of Alien Queens in general. On another note, It'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien. All this recent footage is quite worrying, not to mention Ridley hasn't exactly been at the top of his film making game for a while now.

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 21, 2011, 09:37:19 PM
I can't remember for the life of me, even though i've seen Alien too many times to count, but when is the Weyland logo visible? Or is it even ever mentioned? I know they always referred to them as "the company" in that film, but never Weyland.

???

http://kurtsshirts.com/shirts/images/aspenbeerreferenceweb.jpg

T Dog

Quote from: Kimo on Dec 21, 2011, 09:10:09 PM
defo looks like mutation

I was gonna say, I don't buy that the guy is mutated and that he might just be a bit singed. But a big chunk of his head is missing.

Samus007

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 21, 2011, 09:45:50 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Dec 21, 2011, 09:37:19 PM

???

http://kurtsshirts.com/shirts/images/aspenbeerreferenceweb.jpg

Wow, lol. All these years and I never noticed that. Thanks!

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 21, 2011, 09:39:34 PMIt'll be difficult for me to watch Alien and hear Dallas mention "Seems fossilized, looks like it's been dead a long time" when this takes place only 30 years before Alien.

Likewise. Although he does say 'seems' and 'looks like', not 'it is'. Therefore our concern is not about the actual facts, just our own inferences. I personally like the idea of the original Jockey being very old and to have it so young would nerf it somehow, but it's age isn't in stone as far as lore goes. It could well be only 30 years old.

-Chris

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed