The Invisibility Effect

Started by Ironb4lls, Oct 22, 2019, 08:06:25 PM

Author
The Invisibility Effect (Read 465 times)

Ironb4lls

Ironb4lls

Any idea how the cloaking effect looks in the new game? None of the games have been able to accurately nail that cool "outlines-within-outlines" look from the film. Usually they go with a sort of glassy translucent look instead. I'd love it if they could finally get it right for this one.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I don't know if it's subject to change but the cloaking effect is seen in the game-play trailer.

I've tried to articulate which cloaking it most resembles but it looks like a mixture between the modern and original.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah it may be a bit of a nitpick, but I haven't really been digging the effect in its current state as it's been shown in some of the videos we've seen. It looks too much like horizontally-lined video interference than how it looks in the films. But it's still early days yet, so hopefully that's something that looks better on release.

I'm hoping they basically just do it like the Wraith in Dead by Daylight, who's basically that game's stand-in for the Predator. His cloak in that game looks extremely Predator-like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed