New AvP Featurette Released!

Started by Darkness, Apr 07, 2004, 01:48:37 PM

Author
New AvP Featurette Released! (Read 19,366 times)

kysgr

kysgr

aliens use their hosts dna to create the ultimate killing machine. Aliens are nothing but a machine...BIOMECHANICAL machine, capable of adapting to a host's dna. that is just what they are.

also if what i'm saying is how it was suppost to be then how did the aliens from the movie ALIENS look like crap... I mean more bug like?

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

i know about aliens adopting the structure of their hosts with the DNA stuff. But what I don't know is the fact that the Space Jockey's influenced the Alien. What do you mean? They probably didn't experiment with those creatures...?

kysgr

kysgr

the body structure is almost identical to the Space Jocky & Ship... There is a connection somewhere.

Andrew David

Andrew David

Oh, come on, what's the bloody space jockey got to do with it? DNA? Stop inventing ways to pretend this stuff is true. Fact is, the ADI aliens have always been bastardised and inferior to the ones in the first two films, nearly all of us agree on that. I too am disappointed in the design of the Aliens in this film, especially after PA said they were going to be like the ones in the first two movies. Clearly, they are closest infact to the ones in Ressurection (I know, 'cos I have one of those heads in my flat). But we're just gonna have to live with this design, and it's old news really isn't it? What's important now is how they move and that they are animated/controlled believably. And that, I'm glad to say after viewing the featurette, is looking very promising indeed.    8)  

Cookies

Cookies

I personally hate the clear dome on alien head.  THe alien from aliens looks so much better.

Aliminator

Aliminator

WHOA!!!!!! the predator's shoulder armor are HUGE!!!! too big (compare to avp 2 game) .......lol, would be hard to get around. And the alien, i think it got smaller or something.......not sure, but still, it doesn't look so slimy and crappy like the Alien Ressurection!!!!  DAMN CAN"T WAIT, I LIVE IN CANADA SO I'M GONNA WATCH IT IN METROTOWN!!!!!!

izzet

izzet

whoa,whoa, hold yu horses! many fellow alien fans would dispute this but the aliens from the film Aliens look awful in my opinion. Cameron said the idea was to go for a bug style dome head cos it would resemble somthing like a colony of ants (he also stated he would probaly of chosen the smooth dome if it did'nt keep cracking) . but again in my opinion it loses that scary combination of humanoid/mechanical style alien in the first film. Resurrection's were over the top, swapping dark black for a more browny colour and big pointy ugly chin. They have tweaked them in this movie back to the original colour (dark black), they are thankfully not as slimy on the body and the big hands are quite cool. There has been an improvment on the alien creature.

Psychomorph

Psychomorph

Why I cant download it? It says you need Quicktime 5.

Spectra

Spectra

WOW!!!! The Predator look amazingly huge. He look so broader that the alien look like a child compare to him.    ;D  

kysgr

kysgr

Andrew David-- LISTEN HERE & LISTEN GOOD!!! We were a) toying with the idea and b) this is how the comics explains the variations in alien devlopment.  I do agree ADI is the worst people to contact for the alien design but I feel since they have to bee there, the current designs are ok by me but i understaind they could be better.  Cookies-- They do look good but I like the BIOMACHANICAL look better.  izzet---AMEN!!

ps: I personaly hate the FLAT back of the head but i can live with it because ADI (STINKS) is doing the effects    >:D 

Growler

Growler

I personally liked the Bio-Bug look just because it gave them that bug colony look to them.  That is after all, what they are, colony based creatures. I do like the transparent heads though.  Just makes me curious how noticible it would be in the film with all of that dark lighting.  That's kind of pointless to make details you won't be able to see, but then, making the costumes is all pre-production.  Adjusting the film's colors and lighting is all post production.  So sometimes you have to sacrifice the finest detail just to make the film consistant.  It sucks, but that's the way it's done.

kysgr

kysgr

Growler--VERY TRUE

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Personally, I like to think that young aliens have the clear dome to protect their brain till the brains develops a nice bone layer to protect the head more effeicently. and that, of course, the clear dome falls off. That's what i like to think anyway

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

At first I thought that the alien suits were just the ressurection suits repainted, but I am gladly surprised. I like the new design, they look like a cross between the aliens from AR and ALIENS.

Growler

Growler

I'd like to see the whole process of Chestburster to full grown Alien.  Alien 3 we at least got to see the Alien shed off it's slop of a cacoon.  It'd be a learning feature to see if Anderson has come up with idea of how an Alien goes from catapiller to butterfly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed