Scariest moment you've experienced so far!

Started by [BAM] Yojimbo, Oct 14, 2014, 12:51:22 PM

Author
Scariest moment you've experienced so far! (Read 2,339 times)

HuDaFuK

Had another good one last night. Climbed into a vent to explore, got to the other end and found the hatch didn't open. So I turned around to leave, and as I do I see the Alien slip out into the corridor through the hatch I'd just entered from. Damn thing had climbed down right behind me. It didn't see me, but it kept pacing back and forth in the hallway, opening the hatch each time it got near, and there's me cowering just on the other side.

Of course the moment I decided it wasn't going to get any clearer and plucked up the courage to step back outside the thing's there, it spotted me and slithered into the vent with me. My face got a new orifice in due course.

Xenoscream

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 17, 2014, 07:42:08 AM
Quote from: [BAM] Yojimbo on Oct 16, 2014, 12:30:05 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 16, 2014, 08:44:41 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 16, 2014, 07:27:45 AMThat part just after when Axel gets killed and you run to the train station. The music starts pumping, you're waiting there for the damn train to come and you can hear the distant alien howls coming from behind you. It was tense as shit.

That was a close second for me. I was literally screaming at the TV telling that bastard tram to hurry the hell up.

That bit definitely scared the crap out of me, I stupidly kept flashing my light down the room with the vent, thinking it would come out any minute, I was telling myself hurry up tram HURRY!!!

I was hiding behind a box anticipating the Alien to show up any minute, lol. I think that was what made it so effective, because you weren't stuck in a cutscene. After we witnessed how swiftly Axel was killed, we were just left on our own to get the hell out of there and I thought that was the point the gameplay with the Alien would begin. The anticipation was so high at that point.

So I started a new game last  night... got to this bit was thinking how scary the music was but peeking around looking to see if it actually came down, it didn't.

So I walk slowly over the the open tram, pause for a second and turn around, take a step forward thinking maybe I could explore the room a little more before leaving and BAM! it drops down about 3 feet directly in front of me, facing me, no vent up there or anything, I jumped completed out of my skin shouting something like "ahhhhhhh!!!!!" and I turned around but panicked so much I forgot how to sprint, so just walked slowly forwards to the bit where you can active the tram and just before I made it got an alien tail through the stomach...

So if you get to watch someone else play, try to trick them to go back once they are at the tram = guaranteed heart attack.

PsyKore

I was curious if he does show up if you do stick around in that area too long. I'm glad that he does.

saintssinphony

The first time I was killed while saving really made me jump.  I had just made it to save on mission 17 after starting the generator and the music starts.  I thought for sure it wasn't in the room anymore and bam on the third beep I was gutted.  I think the medical facility(quarantine level) and mission 17 is the most anxiety I experienced. 

Skull

Last night i played the last survivor dlc for the first time.
And i have to say playing this level got me really scared its small long corridors
all the way. in this level i feel truly isolated trapped on the nostromo with this thing.
Parker and lambert you hear them in distress getting killed at the hands and teeth from are xeno
Only to find there body's a minute later , realising you are totaly alone now, well almost alone ;)
I was realy struggling to get all the way with almost no flamethrower fuel and with the beast always on my tail.
Then when i finally hit the self destruct sequence , you hear mother saying 5 min to self destuct alarms going af
Smoke coming from pipes everywhere and you now you have to hurry back with the beast closing in on you
Relying on your motion tracker  . Damn this level was so intense , i found it more scary then the main campaign.
Only thing was the ending was disapointing and would have like to see a optional objective where you had go get a catbasket
with jonesy in it to save him and then escape to the lifeboat

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed