Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 69,157 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

QuoteThe protagonist of Alien: Isolation is Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley,
QuoteThere's only one alien for "most" of the game,
Quoteyou'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."
Quoteand the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

Now, let's talk about bullshit.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 21, 2013, 09:53:59 PM
QuoteThe protagonist of Alien: Isolation is Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley,
QuoteThere's only one alien for "most" of the game,
Quoteyou'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."
Quoteand the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

Now, let's talk about bullshit.

That last f**king quote made me laugh so much.

windebieste

windebieste

After the mess that is 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines', I expect Creative Assembly to pull rainbows out of their ass.

Right now all I am hearing is a damp fart.

Ditch the whole Amanda Ripley bullshit.  Give us Newt's horror survival story during the xenomorph infestation of Hadley's Hope, instead.  You want to turn your fans around?  Tell that story within the game play on offer. 

-Windebieste.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 21, 2013, 10:06:15 PM
After the mess that is 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines', I expect Creative Assembly to pull rainbows out of their ass.

Ditch the whole Amanda Ripley bullshit.  Give us Newt's horror survival story during the xenomorph infestation of Hadley's Hope, instead.  You want to turn your fans around?  Tell that story within the game play on offer. 

-Windebieste.

Excellent idea! Make it like telltales TWD game.  Make the next alien game an emotional wreck for you as you watch characters who you've bonded with fade away to the creeping dark.

Naissus

Naissus

If they want to make it like Alien, then the beginning should be about immersion, exploration, mystery, and maybe fixing stuff.  Not fighting mercs, preds, engineers, terminators, and COD players.  Sounds like a stale game that borrows from everyone and creates nothing new.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Fighting through clones and soldiers...NO GODDAMN IT, NO!!!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ONE ALIENS GAME WITH THIS TYPE OF FEEL?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyGjD34rmg#

newbeing

newbeing

The comparison to BioShock is somewhat comforting (interesting that it is now a FPS), but the fighting humans and clones(?) has me worried. Maybe they meant androids, but anyway if they can make a single Alien seem frightening again great, and if fighting humans is interesting and innovative fine, but I would have preferred something closer to Amnesia.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: The Runner on Oct 21, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

-Windebieste.

Excellent idea! Make it like telltales TWD game.  Make the next alien game an emotional wreck for you as you watch characters who you've bonded with fade away to the creeping dark.
Um. Why did this never even cross my mind?

I feel like Telltale is the only developer who deserves the Alien license at this point. They could do some amazing things with it.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Newt huh, that's an interesting idea, a true survival horror game. I know that I was just mocking using old characters to further the mythos but....

Play as newt, no weapons, no hope, she has to hide from the aliens, like Amnesia - The Dark Descent. All the while watching friends and family getting killed or taken.

I don't know about the rest of you but the images that this concept is conjuring for me are quiet unsettling.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 21, 2013, 10:42:06 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Oct 21, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

-Windebieste.

Um. Why did this never even cross my mind?

I feel like Telltale is the only developer who deserves the Alien license at this point. They could do some amazing things with it.
C'mon dude, the franchise totally belongs with Gearbox and Sega. :D

More guns, failed one liners, M'erica, Jesus, weak sauce aliens that can be strangled with your fists, super mercs who you fight 80% of the game, shitty characters...the list just goes on!

LOL

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Ripley's daughter is the lead character.... and she gets to fight aliens, just like mommy did! What a small universe!

...Completely cheesy shit.

Chances of this having a story as shit and fan wanky as the recent Gearbox game are going up.

SM

SM

This sounds laughably bad.

We need Mikey Neuman, Paul Anderson and Shane Salerno to fix this - STAT!!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I first must say that I have never, ever, cried about a video game online.

But if this is indeed the Creative Assembly ALIEN game that I have (had?) such high hopes for, and if these rumours are true, I will be extremely upset at the mindless, shameless, wasted opportunity going on here.

Play as Amanda Ripley.

Shoot through 'clones and marines'.

If this is where they're taking it, they might as well let me play as Jones the cat and chase mouse-bursters around.  >:(

SM

SM

Sounds preferable.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Guts on Oct 21, 2013, 09:15:10 PM
I know it's silly. Bit maybe the daughter is a Queen alien you play as?

A Queen Alien named 'Amanda'?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the only properly entertaining way to do this is from the Alien's perspective (at least, as an option). Make it about nothing but shooting them to death and it's yet another generic 'Doom' clone. Make it about evading the things with no weapons and, while unusual, it won't have much appeal for those who play games for a sense of escapist empowerment.

With that said, if a 'Resident Evil' vibe is what they're going for, playing as Amanda Ripley feels like the pointless fan-service it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed