Is the alien egg a separate organism?

Started by Jonjamess, Jul 25, 2020, 04:17:26 PM

Author
Is the alien egg a separate organism? (Read 1,452 times)

Jonjamess

Hi. Don't really post here just read most of the time.

I was just watching a YouTube video on alien types and they referred to the egg as the ovamorph and state it as a separate organism that protects the facehugger.

Would you consider it another alien type with some resemblance to sentience or just literally an egg as we are familiar with in our own nature.

Its interesting because if you consider Covenant as David is the one to develop the egg though maybe variants existed before he did that. Would he have developed a separate mutation from the goo to house his facehugger once realising they arent very durable or live long on their own, or is it literally just part of the facehugger same as an egg is part of a bird embryo?

SM

SM

I'd go with it being an extension of the hugger.

Dingbat

That would make sense, like the Facehuggers could form eggs around themselves so they can wait for ages for a host, that might explain why the Egg in Alien 3 was attached to the ceiling.

Stitch

You could consider it as something similar to a chrysalis. A protective organic sheath connected to and controlled by the organism inside.

SM

SM

Quote from: Dingbat on Jul 26, 2020, 05:22:03 PM
That would make sense, like the Facehuggers could form eggs around themselves so they can wait for ages for a host, that might explain why the Egg in Alien 3 was attached to the ceiling.

Well, not exactly.  They're just laid.

426Buddy

cool idea though

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jul 26, 2020, 09:03:10 PM
Quote from: Dingbat on Jul 26, 2020, 05:22:03 PM

Well, not exactly.  They're just laid.
Or morphed.

judge death

Nah to me the egg is just there to keep the facehugger alive for who knows how long and is just a biproduct together with it and has only a reflex to open/close when finding a host nearby. I dont think the xenomorph can tell/order the eggs to hatch by voice/telepathy as some claim the queen did in aliens....

Elmazalman

An organism in its own right or simply a container?

The egg has worm-like tendrils emanating from its base (the egg carpet), which suggests feeding/nourishment. The egg responds to touch, becoming translucent, alerting the contents within to the presence of a potential host.

Don't know for sure, but I like to think it's one separate organism that works in tandem with the other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed