The Trailer has been rated ! [EDIT]

Started by EEV-2501, Dec 08, 2011, 12:13:46 AM

Author
The Trailer has been rated ! [EDIT] (Read 45,265 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 08, 2011, 04:43:40 AM
Quote from: josh_axey on Dec 08, 2011, 04:40:40 AM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 08, 2011, 03:13:16 AM
When the trailer is released I will proceed to screencap every single frame and analyze every shot in excruciating detail.

You and me both 8)

It'll probably be released in theatres first, FOX will want to make as much as they can out of it, getting the audience to see something else of theirs is the perfect excuse  :)

Time to head on over with my HTC and record it off the screen then

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 08, 2011, 04:53:09 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 08, 2011, 04:43:40 AM
Quote from: josh_axey on Dec 08, 2011, 04:40:40 AM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 08, 2011, 03:13:16 AM
When the trailer is released I will proceed to screencap every single frame and analyze every shot in excruciating detail.

You and me both 8)

It'll probably be released in theatres first, FOX will want to make as much as they can out of it, getting the audience to see something else of theirs is the perfect excuse  :)

Time to head on over with my HTC and record it off the screen then

8)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

It's interesting how the few other trailers that are 14A on that page are all for R rated films (the trailer for the Thing prequel was also rated 14A).  Maybe Prometheus could end up getting an R rating after all?

harlock

harlock

Seems to me we'll be getting a "15" rating in the UK, not the hoped for "18" based on the evidence of this trailer. Ho hum, at least I dont see the "12a" happening now.  ::)

Ravager

Ravager

Im so excited!

I hope we get a HD trailer.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Ravager on Dec 08, 2011, 10:22:23 AM
Im so excited!

I hope we get a HD trailer.

Why wouldn't Fox release a HD trailer lol.

szkoki

szkoki

When it will be released that 1 minute will be the longest orgam that men ever had  ;D...until june  :P

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 08, 2011, 04:00:03 PM
When it will be released that 1 minute will be the longest orgam that men ever had  ;D...until june  :P

Just 1 minute ? I'm going to watch it in repeat for the ultimate nerdgasm. Until i go to the theaters in june ofcourse :laugh:

Space_Dementia

Its driving me insane reading people complain and moan over what the rating of this movie might be... why give a shit? as long as it has the same atmosphere and direction as the first Alien ill be over the moon. Today if the first Alien was released it get a 15 easy...might actually get away with a 12A tbh.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Dec 08, 2011, 04:25:07 PM
Its driving me insane reading people complain and moan over what the rating of this movie might be... why give a shit? as long as it has the same atmosphere and direction as the first Alien ill be over the moon. Today if the first Alien was released it get a 15 easy...might actually get away with a 12A tbh.

Finally !! I'm with ya man. R-rating doesn't make a good/scary/athmorpheric movie. a 12A movie can be really good to. Lets just see what happens. I have complete faith in Ridley ;D

newbeing

newbeing

I think had Alien and Aliens been release today it would probably get a PG-13 rating. Shows such as Walking Dead get a TV14 rating here in the US and depict pretty graphic deaths and sexual acts.

Wobblyboddle77

Alien would probably get a pg 13 if the chest burster scene was edited differently with alot less blood, it would get an R if it was as bloody as the 1979 theatrical release. Take most of the f bombs out've aliens and make the colonist chest
burster scene less gory it would get a pg 13 too. It wouldn't really matter in the uk as they would probably both get 15's if released today, the uks 15 rating is quite broad as long as it dosen't dwell on the gory scenes too much. Cloverfield is a 15 in the uk and a pg 13 in the U.S. The Dark knight was borderline 12a, Prometheus looks very dark and intense i think it will receive a 15 just for that purpose.

T Dog

T Dog

The only thing I hope for is that the tone is good. And to be honest Ridley has always always delivered on a dark realistic tone within the context of a given picture. Legend for instance is aimed at kids yet Tim Curry is really f**king scary in that.

Watching a film like Die Hard 4.0 you can clearly tell that it was trimmed to bring the rating down. I hope that Prometheus doesn't have really obvious cuts and trims to get the rating down.

ThisBethesdaSea

A version 6 1 minute trailer sounds like something we'd see in while watching the super bowl. I'm wondering if the first trailer will be a bit longer?

harlock

harlock

The leaked one was a minute and seven, wasnt it? Unless its a new cut, should be the same, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed