10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 143,620 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:07:17 AMI don't know, much less trust, anyone on this site.  Sorry to be an arsehole but quite frankly, most people here like AVP: Requiem.  Not exactly a trustworthy source.  Having said that, I hope Prey is good.  Time will tell.

I mean I like AVPR, but most here don't, I wish I wasn't so alone...

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 06:57:01 AMLook, maybe the film is great.  I don't know, but the early reactions for movies are always positive.  For example, the early reactions to The Rise of Skywalker were glowing.  That's a result of access media.  It's a folly to put stock in early reactions.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/09/07/the-predator-early-reactions-are-in/

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:19:30 AMLook, man; I hope the film is good and it probably is.  My sole point is that early reactions on social media are utterly pointless.  They are meaningless.  I cannot stress that enough.  Positive or negative, they hold no value (though it should be noted that they're always positive).

I also speak on how I've been to many early screenings, and have not liked a film while everyone else has. I'm saying it's a good Predator movie from someone who's been a part of this site for 20 years. But definitely understand and you should form your own opinion. This movie is much different from our recent outings.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:07:17 AMI don't know, much less trust, anyone on this site.  Sorry to be an arsehole but quite frankly, most people here like AVP: Requiem.  Not exactly a trustworthy source.  Having said that, I hope Prey is good.  Time will tell.
Hate that for you but I wasn't talking about you specifically. If people know and trust others from this site who've seen the movie and liked it then it's by no means unreasonable to get excited by what they have to say.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/09/07/the-predator-early-reactions-are-in/

That's the exception to the rule.  It's kinda cheating to use The Predator as an example.  It's one of the worst movies ever made.  The fact that the reactions were lukewarm/mixed speaks volumes.  As though that travesty deserved anything other than scathing bile.

"I also speak on how I've been to many early screenings, and have not liked a film while everyone else has. I'm saying it's a good Predator movie from someone who's been a part of this site for 20 years."

The length of time you've frequented a website does not increase the worth of your opinion.

"Hate that for you but I wasn't talking about you specifically. If people know and trust others from this site who've seen the movie and liked it then it's by no means unreasonable to get excited by what they have to say."

Nobody is saying that you can't like the movie.  In fact, I'm hoping to like it too.  Doesn't change the fact that early reactions on social media are BS.

(sorry, I'm on mobile and as such, I can't do quotes properly)

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:19:30 AMLook, man; I hope the film is good and it probably is.  My sole point is that early reactions on social media are utterly pointless.  They are meaningless.  I cannot stress that enough.  Positive or negative, they hold no value (though it should be noted that they're always positive).

true true

but Cdl counts as trustworthy source. and so far he has had nothing but praise.

Cdl = Charles de Lauzirika

where the hell is SM ?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

But that's operating under the assumption that my tastes align with Cdl's. It's also rather suggestive that Cdl's tastes are impeccable.  Personally, I care to form my own opinions, as opposed to allowing others to tell me what to think.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:55:57 AMBut that's operating under the assumption that my tastes align with Cdl's. It's also rather suggestive that Cdl's tastes are impeccable.  Personally, I care to form my own opinions, as opposed to allowing others to tell me what to think.

So watch it and form your own opinion. Just because majority of initial reactions are positive doesn't mean you have to trust us and yeah anyone could very well not like it based on personal taste. Sharing reactions isn't telling others what to think, it's just expressing opinions and recommendations.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, it's understood. You don't trust others opinions. Perhaps you'll revisit this thread in 2 weeks time then with your own contribution and someone will trust those :)

But for those who are interested, RidgeTop and Mikey's spoiler-free early impressions will be up later this evening (UK evenings).

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 22, 2022, 11:50:31 PM
Spoiler
Only one Predator, but the pistol isn't just an Easter egg.
[close]

Spoiler
Greyback or other P2 related cameo in the film (beyond the pistol of course)?
[close]
A simple yes or no is enough, please do not tell exact things/scenes. 🙂

SiL

SiL

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:30:18 AMNobody is saying that you can't like the movie.  In fact, I'm hoping to like it too.  Doesn't change the fact that early reactions on social media are BS.
This has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

You're acting like all of these reactions are random internet users for everyone here. They're not. Some are known and respected individuals to users here, with personal histories and relations.

It's a pity you're not in that boat but that doesn't mean you need to piss on everyone else's parade.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 23, 2022, 08:20:23 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 22, 2022, 11:50:31 PM
Spoiler
Only one Predator, but the pistol isn't just an Easter egg.
[close]

Spoiler
Greyback or other P2 related cameo in the film (beyond the pistol of course)?
[close]
A simple yes or no is enough, please do not tell exact things/scenes. 🙂

Better yet don't click on the spoiler tags if you don't want to be spoiled.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, already done f**k up once doing that yesterday, f**k me  :laugh:

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 23, 2022, 08:31:03 AMBetter yet don't click on the spoiler tags if you don't want to be spoiled.
Should I consider this as an answer to my question? :D
Answer wisely if you want to answer, without giving away any specific info. :P

Anyway...I asked because I want to spoil myself what I want to know. ;) I am a curious man.  8)

SiL

SiL

From what he said the answer to your question is no.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 23, 2022, 07:46:23 AMwhere the hell is SM ?

Went to his homeplanet

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2022, 07:07:17 AMmost people here like AVP: Requiem.  .

Are you trolling or something ? Good luck naming at least 5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed