Should I dump my original "Alien Legacy" boxset?

Started by meanstreak, Mar 14, 2011, 04:57:47 AM

Author
Should I dump my original "Alien Legacy" boxset? (Read 5,705 times)

Kel G 426

That much I dont know.

Xenomrph

Old topic I know, but are the cool ship/crew log easter eggs from the 'Alien' Legacy DVD present on the Anthology blu-ray?

SM

No.

The ones from the screen behind Ripley in the enquiry are.  Though they have many innacuracies, change Dallas surname to 'Coblenz', and are largely Easter Eggs themselves, using many Alien crew members names as former assignments (ships named Giger, Ridley, Powell, and other references to Anobile, O'Bannon, Shusett, Rambaldi, Lippincott, etc).  I prefer the ones that continue the Conrad theme.

Xenomrph

Hmm... just trying to determine if it's worth keeping the Legacy 'Alien' DVD for those easter eggs. I was keeping it for those and for the Ridley Scott commentary, but if that commentary is present on the blu-rays then that's one less reason to hang onto it.

SM

I don't know why anyone would get rid of them, unless they're so desperate for storage space and the space taken up by four DVDs would really help them.

Xenomrph

Eh, not a big fan of redundancy I guess. Like I'd be more inclined to ditch my Quadrilogy set if I didn't use the DVDs for video-capture stuff on my PC. Everything on the Quadrilogy set is present in the blu-rays, right?

I mean, i own like 4 copies of the Alien movies - Legacy VHS set (which I only keep because that 5th "Legacy" tape hasn't been reproduced anywhere else to my knowledge), Legacy DVD set (kept the 'Alien' disc for the commentary and the easter eggs), Quadrilogy DVD set, and the blu-ray set. And I've got the 'Aliens' director's cut on laserdisc just cuz, got it for $2 at a local secondhand store. I don't even have a laserdisc player. :P

SM

I've got various VHS and VCD versions too.  They're staying with me.

Xenomrph

Not saying you should ditch your copies, just that having multiple copies lying around cluttering up my house isn't a priority for me. I've done it all the time with DVDs - some sort of better edition comes out, so I give the old one to my parents or whatever and get the new one.

Space Jockey King

NO.

are you mad ?

it will be worth loads in few more years.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

My problems with the Quadrilogy version of A L I E N:
-The image is better but they changed the light.The movie is too dark.I like the color tone from the Alien Legacy DVD.
-The menus(The Alien Legacy menus were far more better).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed