Pet Sematary remake

Started by Ratchetcomand, Aug 04, 2011, 02:51:31 AM

Author
Pet Sematary remake (Read 3,367 times)

ace3g

ace3g

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Anyone think they'll include the wendigo this time?

ace3g

ace3g

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quite a drastic change from the source material.

Not sure how I feel about it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So this looks like a major f**k up. The Wendigo hints were nice, at least.

MudButt

MudButt

Very interesting on the switch from the source material. I wonder why that is.

Looks creepy as hell though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 07, 2019, 11:31:37 PM
Very interesting on the switch from the source material. I wonder why that is.

Looks creepy as hell though.

Apparently, the filmmakers thought that it would be "too hard"

Spoiler
to make a demonic toddler work on film.
[close]

So they just said "f**k it" and changed up the dynamic completely.

Also, did the trailer imply that

Spoiler
the dead in general are coming back? Because I really don't know what to make of that, even more so than I do with the Ellie thing.
[close]

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
I found the original more frustrating than anything. It's a toddler, trying to kill you. f**king kick it. It is quite small.

I don't think this is an improvement, though. Why are animal masks apparently the horror killer attire du jour?
[close]

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 07, 2019, 08:30:35 PM
So this looks like a major f**k up. The Wendigo hints were nice, at least.
Man I hope the wendigo is on this

First Blood

First Blood

I wish Lithgow would have put on the accent.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 08, 2019, 02:21:20 PM
I wish Lithgow would have put on the accent.

...or his Cliffhanger accent. ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Feb 08, 2019, 01:55:43 AM
Spoiler
I found the original more frustrating than anything. It's a toddler, trying to kill you. f**king kick it. It is quite small.

I don't think this is an improvement, though. Why are animal masks apparently the horror killer attire du jour?
[close]

Spoiler
Well it made sense with Judd because hes old and the kid hides and suprises him when he cuts his achilles. With the father its more that it is his dead son. The grief and horror of the situation keep him from reacting sensibly. At least I think anyway, its been a long time since Ive read the book or watched the film.
[close]

Oddly enough the switch is actually a relief in some way. Probably because I have a 3 year old son and ive actually avoided rereading the book or revisiting the original film becuase of how uncomortable it would make me now lol.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I read a couple of the unproduced remake scripts. The first was by David Kajganich and dated 2005, and was pretty solid. It made some changes, like upping the ages the of the kids and swapping some things around in the third act, but worked very well and was reverent to the themes and ideas of the book. It's also a lot better than Kajganich's other unproduced King adaptions. His version of It was undermined by having to compress the entire story into two hours, and his take on The Stand was just plain bad.

The second, a Matt Greenberg draft from 2010, was... not good. It made some downright bizarre changes, like completely altering Pascow's role in the plot, changing Jud's character quite a bit, and making Norma into a goddamn possum. It also pulled the same switch that's in the trailer, and it worked surprisingly well up until the ending turned into a total cop out. It's a real shame, seeing how Greenberg also wrote 1408, which is an excellent King adaptation. So personally, I'm now slightly more favorable inclined towards the film we're getting now that I know how bad it could have been. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 07, 2019, 05:16:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cjtqkHLm8

Kind of shit trailer, since it spoils the twist/big difference from the original film and book. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed