Newt sleeping.

Started by Kimo, Jul 16, 2020, 03:53:55 AM

Author
Newt sleeping. (Read 6,996 times)

SiL

SiL

When people talk about stupid characters in Prometheus, a lot of it is taken directly from the characters contradicting themselves. Milburne runs away from a dead alien and sticks his hands into the face of a live, hissing alien. Fifield has the maps and leads the way until the second he doesn't.

Ripley puts Newt in a room she thinks is safe away from the front lines so she can get some rest while the rest of them keep working. That's not out of character. We never see her establishing some "everyone have eyes on everyone at all times" rule or something.

SM

SM

She survived on her own for weeks after all.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2020, 06:41:48 AM
When people talk about stupid characters in Prometheus, a lot of it is taken directly from the characters contradicting themselves. Milburne runs away from a dead alien and sticks his hands into the face of a live, hissing alien. Fifield has the maps and leads the way until the second he doesn't.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong but I always interpreted it as it was Fifield who freaked out and Milbourne followed because of his strange desire to gain his friendship which was set up in breakfast scene back on the ship ("I'm not here to be your friend. I'm here to make money."). I mean, it's Fifield who was yelling in Shaw's face and Milbourne seemed much more calm in that moment

SM

SM

Nah he shat himself when they found a pile of dead aliens too.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, it's how I always seen it

Thanks, CANON

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2020, 06:41:48 AM

Ripley puts Newt in a room she thinks is safe away from the front lines so she can get some rest while the rest of them keep working. That's not out of character. We never see her establishing some "everyone have eyes on everyone at all times" rule or something.

The writing in Prometheus is way more stupid then Ripley's choice to isolated Newt in Aliens, I agree on that one. But still the crap writing in Prometheus makes for good conversation on these forums right? Aliens is a miles better structured story, but still Ripley's choice to keep Newt out of sight is questionable in my book, and is also worthy of discussion even if you disagree that the is no conversation to be had. I will Agree to disagree with ya Sil.

@SM
God dam luck she survived. I supposed as time went by the Aliens were all hibernating making her chance of survival higher. But the early days of the outbreak, would of been tough for a 9 year old girl. I'm still hoping for the day, we get to see this in video game or on film of the events on Hadley's Hope.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 17, 2020, 04:55:10 PM
I'm still hoping for the day, we get to see this in video game or on film of the events on Hadley's Hope.

Seconded, River of Pain was good attempt but didn't quite get there

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 17, 2020, 04:55:10 PMI supposed as time went by the Aliens were all hibernating making her chance of survival higher.

I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.  The aliens may have sent out scouts from time to time, but they weren't exactly swarming the colony when the marines arrived and didn't even attack until one of their newborns was torched inside the nest.

Still, there was at least one alien lurking around the dropship (which was a considerable distance from the AP).  We also don't know how long the "k-kill me" lady was cocooned before she popped.  She may have been holed up like Newt for weeks and captured shortly before the Sulaco arrived.

Kimo

Kimo

@Kradan
I never really read the comics but might have to look in to them at some point.

@Local Trouble
You know it never occurred to me that the Alien lurking around the Dropship might of been already awake or roaming about before the Marines came. But saying that the can run pretty fast especially in the later films so travelling some distance is plausible. As for the lady in the hive. I've always liked to think of her as a survivor that almost out smarted the Aliens but got captured at the last minute. If the ever do a Hadley's Hope story, she has to have a good story arc. Maybe that Alien near the drop ship was a lone scout that was responsible for the kill me lady getting captured.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 17, 2020, 05:45:51 PMYou know it never occurred to me that the Alien lurking around the Dropship might of been already awake or roaming about before the Marines came.

They're fast, but I can't imagine one of the aliens waking up in the nest in the middle of a battle and making a beeline to the dropship instead of attacking the marines though.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 17, 2020, 05:45:51 PM
@Kradan
I never really read the comics but might have to look in to them at some point.

It's a book

Kimo

Kimo

So it's a book then. my knowledge of the extended alien universe other then the movies and some of the games is limited.

Kradan

Kradan

It's never late to improve ! I've myself really got into A/P/AvP comics only a little more than a year ago and didn't regret that in slightest

Kimo

Kimo

I did read years ago one of the first Aliens comic by dark horse. The one with the awsome art covers. one of the Aliens has 13 on its head on the front cover. Oh and I did read the Alien 3 comic and one of the books about royal jelly being a super drug. I defo need to get back in to the EU side of the universe sometime in the near future. They just is never enough hours in the day as you get older. :(

SM

SM

Quote@SM
God dam luck she survived. I supposed as time went by the Aliens were all hibernating making her chance of survival higher. But the early days of the outbreak, would of been tough for a 9 year old girl. I'm still hoping for the day, we get to see this in video game or on film of the events on Hadley's Hope.

It wasn't luck and they weren't hibernating.  She could fit places the Aliens couldn't and she used it to stay alive.  And the Aliens were active up to at least a couple of days before the marines arrived.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed