Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 43,593 times)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Every time Wolf was on screen I rolled my eyes. Yeah, I know, weird thing to say about a predator movie. But it just goes to show you how much this movie sucks, Wolf has no reason to be in this movie. Every time the movie cuts back to him I'm like "Oh yeah, there's a predator in this movie for some reason."  You could cut out all of Wolf's scenes and nothing would change. The actual story is about the characters escaping the aliens. Wolf fails at stopping the aliens, his presence in the film goes completely unnoticed by the characters until an hour into the movie, and even then they just see him once at the gun store and then never talk about him after that. How about that? a predator film where the characters barely give two-shits that he's there. That's when you know you failed at making a predator movie. The only thing he does that impacts the plot in anyway was when he accidentally causes a blackout and accidentally kills Jesse. They could have easily had the aliens do both of those things.

By the way, here's a fun drinking game, take a shot every time Wolf jumps and lands hard into frame whenever he enters a scene. He does that stupid superhero landing bit so many times I cringed by the third time he did it.

SiL

And the screen wiggggles.

Both Aliens and Predator land in that movie like dead weight. Stealth? Ha.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Feb 09, 2021, 04:05:35 AM
Every time Wolf was on screen I rolled my eyes. Yeah, I know, weird thing to say about a predator movie. But it just goes to show you how much this movie sucks, Wolf has no reason to be in this movie. Every time the movie cuts back to him I'm like "Oh yeah, there's a predator in this movie for some reason."  You could cut out all of Wolf's scenes and nothing would change. The actual story is about the characters escaping the aliens. Wolf fails at stopping the aliens, his presence in the film goes completely unnoticed by the characters until an hour into the movie, and even then they just see him once at the gun store and then never talk about him after that. How about that? a predator film where the characters barely give two-shits that he's there. That's when you know you failed at making a predator movie. The only thing he does that impacts the plot in anyway was when he accidentally causes a blackout and accidentally kills Jesse. They could have easily had the aliens do both of those things.

But otherwise you liked him?  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Then, what to think about city hunter who acted recklessly almost all the time and bring heat on him so much it leaded Harrigan to his ship ? Sorry Voodoo, I had to bring that up  :P

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 09, 2021, 11:36:15 PM
Then, what to think about city hunter who acted recklessly almost all the time and bring heat on him so much it leaded Harrigan to his ship ? Sorry Voodoo, I had to bring that up  :P

Remember this analysis?  ;D

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61579.0

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 09, 2021, 11:29:41 PM

No, sorry. He's still the worst predator ever. He killed an innocent cop, he consistently leaves his tech lying around town, the aliens should have killed him in 10 seconds but no, they had to make the aliens weak just so he could last the whole movie. Also, the predalien inexplicably toys with him throughout the movie instead of just killing him. Seriously, what's to like about this guy?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 10, 2021, 12:19:48 AM

Indeed, that was a relevant analysis I must say.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Feb 10, 2021, 02:06:00 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 09, 2021, 11:29:41 PM

No, sorry. He's still the worst predator ever. He killed an innocent cop, he consistently leaves his tech lying around town, the aliens should have killed him in 10 seconds but no, they had to make the aliens weak just so he could last the whole movie. Also, the predalien inexplicably toys with him throughout the movie instead of just killing him. Seriously, what's to like about this guy?

Dementia maybe?  This way out was probably a better choice than a Predator nursing home.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 10, 2021, 10:11:34 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 10, 2021, 12:19:48 AM

Indeed, that was a relevant analysis I must say.

Thanks!  8)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Sheriff Moralas calls in the national guard to assist in the town evacuation because of the blackout and the national guard shows up with guns and go into combat formation as if they were expecting a fight. I swear this movie is a treasure trove of laughably bad moments.

Also, The Halloween maze would have made for a better movie, at least for surface level stuff. At least it has multiple predators and a few creative scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gtHroli4Tk

Billiken

The government don't lie to people.

Voodoo Magic

Haha, I love that line. The naivety is strong with that one.  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

Naivety of the character saying that ? Or naivety in writing that line thinking it delivered some subtle message about conspirationism ?

Voodoo Magic

Touché.  :)

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 10, 2021, 02:09:27 PM
Naivety of the character saying that ? Or naivety in writing that line thinking it delivered some subtle message about conspirationism ?
The line was meant to get a laugh, so the former.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed