What the hell was Del Toro talking about?!

Started by Kev Loaf, May 30, 2012, 07:43:49 AM

Author
What the hell was Del Toro talking about?! (Read 6,348 times)

Kev Loaf

He said his Mountain of Madness film got canned because it had the same set pieces and ending to Prometheus.

I've read the book and I've read the recent spoilers, they are not exactly the same. Unless Del Toro version had a different ending to the book

whiterabbit

Nah they can still make it but of course it'll be compared to Prometheus. So he's probably afraid to make it.

NGR01

Spoiler
The squid is pure lovecraft in design.
Also the Engineers have been wipeed out by a shoggoth kinda things.
[close]

Kev Loaf

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 08:40:10 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
So they actually tell us what wiped the engineers out? How does it happen. I missed this spoiler and please dont tell me to go through your posts. Thats long :)
[close]

NGR01

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 09:20:03 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
So they actually tell us what wiped the engineers out? How does it happen. I missed this spoiler and please dont tell me to go through your posts. Thats long :)
[close]
Spoiler

No they dont adress what happened in the base.
But you can understand from the piles of dead Engineers with their chest bursted that they already gave birth to xenos like creatures 2000 years ago.

In the movie climax the surviving Engineer gets impragnated by Shaws giant baby squid and gets his chest bursted.

I guess that some Engineers in that base got infected like Shaw by the black goo, they gave birth to giants squids too, then the squids impegnated others Engineer, who got chestbursted, the creature unleashed probably multiplied.

What happened to those creatures is never adressed...

I think the reason why the Engineer from the homeworld never came back to this base is maybe because the planet has been in quarantine. If the base contains something that could led to the end of their homeworld they are maybe clever enough to not get back there...
[close]

BioMechanical

Spoiler
They boarded the Derelict and got the f@%! out of there! :laugh:
[close]

NGR01

Quote from: BioMechanical on May 30, 2012, 09:55:09 AM
Spoiler
They boarded the Derelict and got the f@%! out of there! :laugh:
[close]

Probably what happened lol

Kev Loaf

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 09:33:29 AM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 09:20:03 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler

No they dont adress what happened in the base.
But you can understand from the piles of dead Engineers with their chest bursted that they already gave birth to xenos like creatures 2000 years ago.

In the movie climax the surviving Engineer gets impragnated by Shaws giant baby squid and gets his chest bursted.

I guess that some Engineers in that base got infected like Shaw by the black goo, they gave birth to giants squids too, then the squids impegnated others Engineer, who got chestbursted, the creature unleashed probably multiplied.

What happened to those creatures is never adressed...

I think the reason why the Engineer from the homeworld never came back to this base is maybe because the planet has been in quarantine. If the base contains something that could led to the end of their homeworld they are maybe clever enough to not get back there...
[close]

then its strange why despite all that the last engineer still stuck around in such a dangerous place.

man this story has more holes then a slice of swiss cheese.

A lot of questions my arse!!!! Lindeloff you hack.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Honestly what is the point of spoiler tags? If you don't want to be spoiled you really should be avoiding the Internet like the plague.

oh well....
Spoiler
Quarantine is a good reason for Holloways "why did they abandon us" speech.

Could it be possible that the entire Galaxy is under quarantine? Could explain why we never see any aliens form earth. It'd be funny if the Space Jockey was that races Gomer Pyle and they literally forgot all about him. lol
[close]

NGR01

Spoiler
It would have made more sense if the surviving Engineer was already infected and went into cryo to stop the growing of the parasite hoping that a rescue party would help him.
But it would have required that Scott shows or explain what happened at the base...
Really don't get why they did not go with the original ending, having those massive xenos born out from the Engineers coming or a new one being born from the surviving Engineer and attack the survivors instead of having just that lame Octopus.
[close]

whiterabbit

Spoiler
Maybe he cleared out the aliens that were born from the other Jockey's. As in hyper sleep doesn't work. The 3 go to sleep and before the last one could the cryotubes burst open one by one. Would explain why we see no aliens around.
[close]

NGR01

Spoiler
Sorry i did not get what you meant ^^
The surviving engineer killed all the xenos then he went into cryo?
When you see the pile of bodies, it's really a lot of xenos you know.
Also the 3 others cryo have holes in their chest area, so xenos are somewhere inside that juggernaut.
[close]

SM

QuoteHe said his Mountain of Madness film got canned because it had the same set pieces and ending to Prometheus.

No, he didn't.

He said Prometheus was likely the final nail in the coffin.

zoidy

Quote from: SM on May 30, 2012, 10:46:06 AM
QuoteHe said his Mountain of Madness film got canned because it had the same set pieces and ending to Prometheus.

No, he didn't.

He said Prometheus was likely the final nail in the coffin.
Exactly. The two things arent connected, other than Del Toro assuming his movie (already refused greenlight) would never now happen because Prometheus had effectively filled the lovecraftian gap, as it were.

Kev Loaf

I think there is an extended ending..

Spoiler
where the baby protoXeno goes and finds the bigger xenos on the planet (the ones who hatched out of the engineers 2k years ago or at least their descendents).
[close]

I can imagine a scene,

After escaping Shaw looks down on the planet and in the distance she sees a horrible site. A colony of giant Xenos. Millions of them.

That would be shocking and in line with Mountain of Madness

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed