NECA Aliens (Read 845,487 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha. Well caught! She wasn't.  :laugh:

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 30, 2016, 08:53:13 AM
Ha. Well caught! She wasn't.  :laugh:
They made a goof? Hope they catch it in time.

Kenner waves and movie waves are always separate. They won't mingle them. For a third figure, if this is a Series (Newt, Vazquez and ____), they have to go with an Alien. They said it themselves that the creatures always sell better than humans, which I can see why but at the same time, these are figures of famous characters from a legendary movie that have only been available as super high end absurdly expensive Hot Toys figures.

The idea of being able to get all the actors and actresses likeness rights for all the films will continue to be look enticing as more sign on and fans continue to show interest.

windebieste

windebieste

I dunno... 'Lt. Vasquez sounds kinda neat; and at the very least isn't as clumsy as 'Bill Baxton'.  lol.  but yes, more seriously, as this year will be a big 'ALIENS' Celebration, I'd be very surprised if the third figure in the set would be a character other than someone who appeared in 'ALIENS'.  I'm thinking Gorman, actually.  Given the actor did bring his voice talent to bring Waits to life in 'ALIEN Isolation'.

Of course, Drake would be ideal and welcome as well.  Imagine that... Both smartgunners in the same series... what an awesome duo that would be!

On the other hand, I'm very curious about what the Kenner inspired series will entail.  I'm guessing that will be a trio as well.  A Kenner styled Ripley is a bit of a curve ball.  Wasn't expecting that.  Hoping they have a re-issue of the original Kenner Alien planned.  Either in original 18" format or matching the 7" range that we have seen NECA make for some time now.   

Yeah.  That'll make my day!  *swoonage.*

-Windebieste.

T Dog

T Dog

THere's a few Alien Neca figures I want to get but am concerned about buying knock offs on Ebay etc. Could anybody recommend a reliable and not ridiculously expensive online store that will deliver to Ireland/UK? Would be much appreciated thanks!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Honestly I do have an additional gripe about the accuracy of the Stompy figure. When you look at the game screenshots, you can see that Stompy has a more bulbus head and a more pronounced lower jaw than Big Chap. Obviously that's not something too many people would notice I guess, so they wouldn't take the resources to add minor details like that, but to me it makes the figure seem like it's just Big Chap with re-sculpted lower legs, rather than an accurate representation of the subtle differences in the Alien's design in the game. Also, Stompy's dorsal spines seem slightly larger and more spaced from each other in the game. Good review though.   

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Neat figure, one thing has me concerned, was Alien Isolation enough of a hit to warrant a sequel game, wondered what became of Amanda Ripley and the other possibilities expanded into game form. What else do you guys thing they could have expanded on in any new game set after Alien Isolation.

Another thing I'm curious about is Alien Covenant, the ilm is sure to explore the origins of the Classic Giger Xenomorph, its more than likely the creature effects team will harken back to this design/Big chap from the original film.

Is a big deal for you if it stick close to the Classic Giger look? or are you not bothered one way or the other?
Some are fine with the Alien design from the later movies whether it be the rigged head or the angular Alien Resurrection look.

But another thing Ridley claimed is we may see an early variation of the Xenemorph that might be like the Beluga Alien which was detail in the original Prometheus script Alien Engineers which that Alien was supposedly boneless like a jellyfish or so I heard. It was meant to be the Alien original form before being genetically altered/bio engineered to be weaponised by the Engineers.

Another supposed Alien to be featured is the Xenomorph whose host was a Space Jockey/Engineer, in the original script it was referred to as the Ultramorph and resembled the original Necronomican 4 portrait byHR  Giggler. We'l have to wait and see.

Supposedly Ridley Scott had requested that Neill Blomkamp alter an aspect of his Alien project that he was working on before it got delayed. My guess is that it regarded the presence of Space Jockey/Engineer Derelict Ship and how it was too much in Promtheus's territory but another possibility was other evolutionary/mutations of the Alien making an appearance. The one art pice that Neill had put up of a new type of egg and new breed of face hugger supports that theory.Would anyone want to see other iteration of the Xeno are are you all just happy to stick with the Classic?

Billium3

Billium3

I have to wonder if Neca will produce a Xenomorph based on its appearance in Mortal Kombat X, complete with arm blades. That'd be a pretty unique, yet easy reuse of parts for them; it'd perhaps be a good idea in a series with two humans like Newt and Vasquez.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 03, 2016, 07:46:01 PM
HR  Giggler.
Oh that did make me giggler to myself :)

Would anyone want to see other iteration of the Xeno are are you all just happy to stick with the Classic?
I'm a classic fan. I really only care for the Xenos from the first 3 movies. The rest look trashy to me.

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 01, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
THere's a few Alien Neca figures I want to get but am concerned about buying knock offs on Ebay etc. Could anybody recommend a reliable and not ridiculously expensive online store that will deliver to Ireland/UK? Would be much appreciated thanks!
Check out http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx
They ship internationally!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

If you remove the dreadlocks from the Predalien from AVP2010 its probably the best iteration of a Predalien yet. It's one of my favorite designs.

Flexserve

Flexserve

Good review! Thanks for the insight!

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 03, 2016, 04:46:16 PM
Honestly I do have an additional gripe about the accuracy of the Stompy figure. When you look at the game screenshots, you can see that Stompy has a more bulbus head and a more pronounced lower jaw than Big Chap. Obviously that's not something too many people would notice I guess, so they wouldn't take the resources to add minor details like that, but to me it makes the figure seem like it's just Big Chap with re-sculpted lower legs, rather than an accurate representation of the subtle differences in the Alien's design in the game. Also, Stompy's dorsal spines seem slightly larger and more spaced from each other in the game. Good review though.   

I agree with you and this occurred to me too; but as the figure does use the Series 2 Alien sculpt as a base and the narrow head has been inherited from that sculpt, I didn't let it bother me too much.  There's an endless list of items you could add to the differences between the Stompy figure and the in game character.  The feet aren't exact, the head is too narrow.  The number of vanes on the dorsal crest is wrong.  The jaws are ugly if you open them too wide... 

So let's step back from from the micro criticisms and take another look at the figure from a different perspective.  Let's take into account that this item is not being marketed as a scale model, or a reproduction maquette or intended to be a 100% accurate statue or statuette.  It's an action figure.  A relatively low priced mass produced commodity that just about anyone can afford. 

In this regard, it's earned its right to be recognised as a Collectible, yes.  Yet, in many ways, it might be a good idea to keep in mind it's still very much a glorified toy. 

I believe in terms of what the manufacturer, NECA, set out to achieve with this figure, they largely succeeded.  Of course it's not perfect and I have no problem with that but it is relatively accurate to a reasonable degree.  Accuracy is one thing - but striving for Absolute Perfection is for those who enjoy a challenge, or the foolhardy, or those who rarely finish anything. 

In the end, I'm glad this series was released.  This Series appeared over a year after the game had been released.  Many games are History at that point in their longevity.  We got 3 very cool action figures based on 'ALIEN Isolation'.  I think we were very lucky.

-Windebieste.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I see your point, and for what they are, yes they are much appreciated.

Quote from: Billium3 on Apr 03, 2016, 09:44:06 PM
I have to wonder if Neca will produce a Xenomorph based on its appearance in Mortal Kombat X, complete with arm blades. That'd be a pretty unique, yet easy reuse of parts for them; it'd perhaps be a good idea in a series with two humans like Newt and Vasquez.

That's doubtful to happen. As much as I can appreciate the design, I think I'm in the minority.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/693915694094749697

Darkness

Darkness

Thanks for the review, Windebieste. I've only just started getting interested in figures and reading these reviews, makes me realise we need to be doing more of this sort of thing as well as reporting more news on NECA/Hot Toys stuff.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, for sure.  Not a problem.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to...

...1992!

This gon be gud or wut!  LOL!!

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed