Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,711 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Clearly you can see someone burned alive and dropping to ground!!

ALIEN:COVENANT Red Band Trailer 4K + New FOOTAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69sqMshHgk8

Corporal Hicks

It's just the trailer with the production stills on the end.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
It's just the trailer with the production stills on the end.

yeah, i know. But i figured it was 4k quality. you can delete if you want.

g2vd

Omega ruined the trailer for me that butthead critiqued it to death and I don't like it now. :laugh:

Prez

It's interesting that after listening to the Podcast I immediately sought out to watch that fan made recut trailer (with the Prometheus soundtrack and cues) and straight away the entire tone and feeling for the film was changed.

Lesson being don't judge a film necessarily by it's trailer. Either way I can't wait for May.

OpenMaw

Well, it's certainly a reminder that editing is incredibly powerful.

KillCrites

I've seen a re-cut of the trailer in the style of Alien Resurrection and it made the whole film seem like an action movie, not horror. It was pretty sweet.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: KillCrites on Jan 06, 2017, 05:56:03 PM
I've seen a re-cut of the trailer in the style of Alien Resurrection and it made the whole film seem like an action movie, not horror. It was pretty sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM-naelA60Q

Nice!!

echobbase79

A:R had one of the best trailers ever. To bad it turned out to be such a shitty film.

OpenMaw

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 06, 2017, 06:55:43 PM

A:R had one of the best trailers ever. To bad it turned out to be such a shitty film.

The incredible power of editing.  :)

echobbase79

The power of music too. That music really gets me into an Alien mood.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 02, 2017, 08:57:24 PM
Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 02, 2017, 07:50:48 PM
Maybe has been posted on forum already (probably)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_W_3Zakyd8

I like how she's standing on her toes.  It's a perfect scene, I don't know why people complain.

For me it screams "slasher" and "generic horror". I know its Ridley so we shouldnt be that worried (although the general consensus on Scott seems to be that if hes good, hes really good, if hes bad, hes terrible), but still, in Scot's alien movie? two pinup characters going at it under the shower, then the monster kills them, plus the typical modern startling moment...sorry guys, it just leaves a bad slasher taste in my mouth, thats all. Just my personal opinion

juxtapose

at the very least it will be interesting  to see how ridley handles the horror aspects of the film. .how he sets the atmosphere,  and how much he makes you care for the characters. .  I for one says . . BRING IT ON!!!!

KillCrites

Does it bug anyone else that he says, "How do you mean?" instead of, "What do you mean?".  :P

OpenMaw

Quote from: KillCrites on Jan 07, 2017, 05:58:16 PM
Does it bug anyone else that he says, "How do you mean?" instead of, "What do you mean?".  :P

Nope. I know several people who say it that way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed