Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,709 times)

Darkness

Kinda liked the trailer. Nice seeing Facehuggers and Aliens back on the big screen without all the Prometheus garbage. The shot of the Jockey craft in the forest was nice - dark atmosphere. The shower scene isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought the music was completely wrong for trailer though and was nowhere near as good as what the first Prometheus trailer was.

Sabres21768

Can anyone make gifs of all the different xeno scenes?

XenoVC

XenoVC

This entire movie is a damn enigma. My entire question is "what's the balance going to be" at this point.  I want to delve deeper into the Engineer mythology, and their intentions. The wonder and questions about the tie-ins to the creation of the human race at large which I think could still be, or not be a misstep. Are they catering to this at all, yet going full in on a style of movie that never had a place for any of that?  I don't want it swept under the rug.

We know well that's not the case, yet we kind of don't. Prometheus vibe is heavy with all of the totally new stuff like the Spores, and backbursting. In other places, Alien elements are back in full force;  even that egg had an obvious weirdness to it, yet had a pretty classic looking Facehugger.

This reaction is genuine excitement and drooling for the answers, yet cautious and wanting to poke it with a stick at the same time.

Holy gratuitous @ the end of the trailer, not knowing full presentation and context, that scene has the potential to be as cringeworthy-not good facepalm in the theater as the Predalien bursters.

SiL

That trailer just feels really bland. It's like a dtv Alien ripoff with a budget. That shower scene looks like it belongs in AvPR and the back burster isn't any better.

Darth Vile

I think naysayers should probably wait for the film itself before writing it off. Sure, there's a bunch of tropes, but most films rely on tropes right (Alien and Aliens have plenty... "here kitty kitty")... it ain't nesersarily a bad thing.

What is obvious is that Covenant has lush production values, it looks gorgeous, and clearly there seems to be more actual 'Alien' iconography in this than there was in Prometheus e.g. egg, facehugger, xeno, dark spacecraft corridors etc. etc. It all looks pretty good to me so far. Of course the films success (for me anyway) will largely depend on an engaging story/characters and a return to a sense of suspense/horror last seen in Alien/Aliens.... Ridley is probably more able to provide that than others.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 07:39:34 AM
They're all couples. They're bound to be getting it on. I think it's more the cliched horror trope that people dislike about it.
A trope, no matter how over used will be new to someone and I mean alien is all about sexual reproduction more than anything.

In any case I loved the trailer. The alien hand in the shower scene was huge though...

Ropley

The trialer is awesome it is everything I wanted and more the only issue I have is a team of professionals going out with out any head gear but somebody already mentioned that so I'm not alone on that.

The folks complaining about This film looking like an Alien Rehash sound like people complaining about dinosaurs going on a rampage in a Jurrasic Park movie, that is what you are going to get.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Yeah, I watched it three times and with each viewing I felt more underwhelmed by it. I will admit I did get excited when the egg opened. Over all, not a good start for me.

SiL

For the record, not writing off the film. Just think it's a bad trailer.

Ropley

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 08:03:17 AM
Yeah, I watched it three times and with each viewing I felt more underwhelmed by it.I will admit I did get excited when the egg opened. Over all, not a good start for me. Maybe I'm getting old and I"m just tired of this franchise.

What do you want then that is what is going happen in an Alien movie.

echobbase79

Quote from: Ropley on Dec 25, 2016, 08:04:32 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 08:03:17 AM
Yeah, I watched it three times and with each viewing I felt more underwhelmed by it.I will admit I did get excited when the egg opened. Over all, not a good start for me. Maybe I'm getting old and I"m just tired of this franchise.

What do you want then that is what is going happen in an Alien movie.

I think Sil is right. It's just bad trailer in my opinion.

newagescamartist

Does the shower scene really bother people that much? If there is an alien covertly maneuvering around a spaceship it makes sense that it would pick up on the sound of high pressure water in the pipes. Hell the original alien was moving around in a similar fashion around the underground ducts. I'll say it again, I'm disappointed the xenomorph is even in this film, but I see how Fox would make it a condition for Scott to put it in since ultimately they need to sell tickets, but I feel like there is literally nothing he could of done that would of pleased us all. I'm excited to see the story and to see what David has been up to. That's the real draw of the movie for me. The characters, the motivations, and the existential stuff. I guess I'm approaching this as a Prometheus sequel more than an Alien prequel. Either way, I'm excited and none of the footage is offputting to me. They showed us nothing. No story. No Fassbender dialogue. All the good stuff is waiting for us in the theaters ( providing they don't spoil it all with the next trailer ). Maybe it's good that the reactions are lukewarm. We can hopefully see the money shots in the theatre like they should be.

John Doe

Darth David destroying the ship?:

oduodu

Paglen and Green is credited for the story and Logan for the script .

Where is is avggalaxy.net  in the end credits?

Ropley

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 25, 2016, 08:09:58 AM
Does the shower scene really bother people that much? If there is an alien covertly maneuvering around a spaceship it makes sense that it would pick up on the sound of high pressure water in the pipes. Hell the original alien was moving around in a similar fashion around the underground ducts. I'll say it again, I'm disappointed the xenomorph is even in this film, but I see how Fox would make it a condition for Scott to put it in since ultimately they need to sell tickets, but I feel like there is literally  nothing he could of done that would of pleased us all. I'm excited to see the story and to see what David has been up to. That's the real draw of the movie for me. The characters, the motivations, and the existential stuff. I guess I'm approaching this as a Prometheus sequel more than an Alien prequel. Either way, I'm excited and none of the footage is offputting to me. They showed us nothing. No story. No Fassbender dialogue. All the good stuff is waiting for us in the theaters ( providing they don't spoil it all with the next trailer ). Maybe it's good that the reactions are lukewarm. We can hopefully see the money shots in the theatre like they should be.

I'm not bothered by it sex is a major theme in the Alien movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed