Dune (Open World Multiplayer)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Feb 26, 2019, 11:52:08 PM

Author
Dune (Open World Multiplayer) (Read 328 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Funcom has entered into an exclusive partnership with Legendary Studios to develop games based on the works of Frank Herbert's DUNE, one of the world's best known science fiction universes with multiple adaptations into movies, games and other media.

This is a six year partnership to release at least three titles on the PC/Console platforms, with one of the games planned to be in the "Open World Multiplayer" genre that will enter into pre-production in Funcom's Oslo studio during 2019.

Entering into this partnership is in line with the company's strategy of working with strong Intellectual Properties, allowing for two different vast and well known universes – CONAN and DUNE – to be available for the Company's games.

CEO Rui Casais said:

Funcom has a strong history of working with beloved sci-fi/fantasy intellectual properties including our bestsellers Age of Conan and Conan Exiles. So many of us at Funcom, myself included, are huge fans of Frank Herbert's work and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate withLegendary to bring the iconic DUNE universe to life for gamers all over the globe.

https://wccftech.com/funcom-develop-games-dune-universe/

Corporal Hicks

I really need to re-read Dune.

Nightmare Asylum

I need to read God Emperor, Heretics, and Chapterhouse, myself. Read the first three last year, but I'd like to read all six of the Frank Herbert ones.

Corporal Hicks

I was told not to bother with anything after the first so I only read Dune. And f**king loved it. It's silly but I haven't dared re-read it incase my opinion on it changes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed