Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 26,450 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 27, 2022, 09:16:49 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 27, 2022, 09:11:18 PM"Even if the show was 60% of the best horror action on the planet, there's still 40% where we have to ask, 'What are we talking about it, beneath it all?' Thematically, it has to be interesting. It's humbling to get to play with the iconography of this world."

He's going to have to get more done on it and show us some receipts before I trust him.

And if you get even one whiff of a dance number...?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 27, 2022, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 27, 2022, 09:16:49 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 27, 2022, 09:11:18 PM"Even if the show was 60% of the best horror action on the planet, there's still 40% where we have to ask, 'What are we talking about it, beneath it all?' Thematically, it has to be interesting. It's humbling to get to play with the iconography of this world."

He's going to have to get more done on it and show us some receipts before I trust him.

And if you get even one whiff of a dance number...?

BlueMarsalis79

Nelostic

Deacon
Now officialy named
Proto Xenomorph
In Alien RPG!
And they have
Proto Hive!

I want movie about Deacons Hive!
And Engineers!

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Where's my At The Mountains of A.I. Sexual Madness mmmmm

Lol imagine thinking that the psychosexual can of worms John Logan introduced with Covenant re David and Walter is simply limited to those two. I envision an entire Giger hellscape at David8's disposal, and an evolution of his form as well into something so Other and bizarre, the possibilities are just brimming with biomechanical mercurial ooze and brine mmmm A.I. sex madness baby. 😎

SiL

Imagine thinking the Alien franchise is about androids.

BlueMarsalis79

Imagine all the people...

nanison

Nice episodes of 8 to 10 hours  ;D

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 07:53:21 PMImagine thinking the Alien franchise is about androids.

I've always wondered if this trend started because, even among those that disliked Prometheus, David seemed to be a popular element. Seems to be a common trend "People like this thing, lets focus on it until we burn it into the ground." Shockingly it only took Ridley one movie to ruin David.

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Aug 30, 2022, 01:50:10 PMLol imagine thinking that the psychosexual can of worms John Logan introduced with Covenant re David and Walter is simply limited to those two. I envision an entire Giger hellscape at David8's disposal, and an evolution of his form as well into something so Other and bizarre, the possibilities are just brimming with biomechanical mercurial ooze and brine mmmm A.I. sex madness baby. 😎

It stopped being "other" when the alien was linked to David, and the engineers were linked to us. There is no other. We're all one big happy family in a small little universe neighborhood where everyone knows everyone.

David's just another mass murdering serial killer with different insides. The only difference between him and Hannibal is the space ship. And Hannibal wouldn't get the quotes wrong.

Androids certainly have their place in the Alien mythos, but there is so much more to explore. We've had two movies now where the Android's story was at the core of things.

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 28, 2022, 01:07:06 AMAndroids certainly have their place in the Alien mythos, but there is so much more to explore. We've had two movies now where the Android's story was at the core of things.

But now we're just swimming in THEMES!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble linkBut now we're just swimming in THEMES!

Drowning in them, one might say.

BigDaddyJohn

Hawley definitely looks like an interesting fella. Deserves at least my curiosity.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 28, 2022, 02:42:42 AMDrowning in them, one might say.
Indeed. As one continuous set of stories, Alien should've never gone past Aliens (at best, we should've had an Alien3 dealing with the space jockey dilemma in a proper manner to wrap things up). And yet here we are in 2022 and like it or not, Prometheus & Covenant are here to stay with the current direction of the franchise. So... buckle up if you want to continue.

Local Trouble

The series didn't really hit its stride until we got the black goo.  That's what it always needed, but we just didn't know it.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 12:44:29 AMThe series didn't really hit its stride until we got the black goo.  That's what it always needed, but we just didn't know it.

Seriously, LT, I was down, and that was a pick me up. I had a good laugh. Bahahaha..!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed