Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,302 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 01, 2020, 04:10:34 AM
Today at 12pm PT.

Every second question he is going to get will probably be about the third Alien prequel.  :laugh:

That said, probably an opportunity for @Corporal Hicks (who has interviewed him before) to probe him about that.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 01, 2020, 03:31:30 PM
Every second question he is going to get will probably be about the third Alien prequel.  :laugh:

And every third question will ask if Wolves is that prequel. :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He'll probably attempt to tie Alien, Wolves, Blade Runner and The Counselor into one vast megaverse.  :laugh:

Hopefully Ingwar will ask him about the status of Wraiths and BoB as a bit of a breather.

Necronomicon II

Where is that AMA photo from? Every time I search Ridley Scott reddit AMA it comes up with requests from years ago.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Oct 01, 2020, 03:42:05 PM
Where is that AMA photo from? Every time I search Ridley Scott reddit AMA it comes up with requests from years ago.

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1311425589203685384

Official HBO Max Twitter so it is official.

Necronomicon II

Ah nice cool. Lol peeps will ask about Alien more. 😂

Ridlazz921

Whats BoB ?

Just saw the final episode. I dont know tbh lol :P
Its getting crazy, def getting more Prometheus vibes.

I remember the first two episodes with a simple interesting premise. Seams they have left that concept for something else now. I think season 2 will determine if i like the new concepts more. Now i am a bit conflicted. But in Ridley i trust !

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Watched it a second time.

Spoiler
Still not sure if that ship overhead is supposed to be the ship the Atheists arrived on, or if it is a new Mithraic ship arriving. I guess it being an Atheist ship makes more sense. I have a feeling that the real, original Campion is going to be among the Atheist forces that we now know are on the planet.
[close]

Anyways, man, what a finale. There is so much to digest here. I'll be thinking about this for a longgggg time. Can't wait for season two. Hopefully Ridley gets to direct a couple more episodes again. Honestly, this hits so many beats I'm looking for in the Alien prequels that it almost makes me not care as much if a Covenant sequel ever happens (though, of course, I still very much want that as well). I am really eating this up.

https://twitter.com/decider/status/1311706703113728001

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here's the link to the Reddit AMA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/j3dq5n/i_am_ridley_scott_producer_of_the_new_hbo_max/

QuoteHey there Mr. Scott!!!! Just finished watching the season finale at midnight when it come out. Absolute madness (in a GOOD way) and I loved the turn the show took. One question though, is this series existing in the same universe as the Alien franchise? Seems there are so many parrallels to be found. Love this show btw! Thanks for your time.

1 hour ago
Interesting question but, no, the first Alien story feels like it may be some time before Raised By Wolves, in that the Nostromo was probably financed by an organised global economy. Wolves is about post-global war chaos.

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Oct 01, 2020, 04:43:16 PM
Whats BoB ?

Spoiler

[close]

Apparently it was described as a "passion project" for Scott (who can remember seeing Spitfires flying over the skies as a young boy) but it's probably on his unrealized projects list now. Would be interesting to see a WWII Ridley Scott film though, all that dark atmosphere...

Nightmare Asylum

'Raised By Wolves' Creator Reveals Secrets Behind the Season 1 Finale — Including Which Character Was Supposed to Die

https://decider.com/2020/10/01/raised-by-wolves-season-1-ending-explained/

Rudiger

Somebody needs to remind the people behind this: show, don't tell. The script Is dire, performances are dull and there's barely a sympathetic character to root for. And why, if mankind can build robots this advanced, do they have to be so screwed up half the time. This looks and feels like someone took a rummage through Ridley's cuttings, and tried to stitch something together.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 01, 2020, 09:43:56 PM
Somebody needs to remind the people behind this: show, don't tell.

Hmmm, I don't really see the "show don't tell" complaint myself, here. If anything, I feel like people are going to be complaining about the exact opposite, about the show being too cryptic in the way it doles out information (most of which seems to come through visions and allusions to historical and religious imagery).

A lot of what I gather from the show, I get from putting the pieces together in a way that I think fits and seems to line up with the show's themes. Most of it isn't explicitly spelled out, though it also isn't hard to put together if you know what pieces you're working with and what the show is drawing from.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 01, 2020, 09:43:56 PM
The script Is dire, performances are dull and there's barely a sympathetic character to root for. And why, if mankind can build robots this advanced, do they have to be so screwed up half the time. This looks and feels like someone took a rummage through Ridley's cuttings, and tried to stitch something together.

You watched the wrong show my friend, it's not this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaXz9lsI24

it's the other one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE92bDAlPXI

Ingwar

Just finished episode 10 and ... WTF I just have seen?! Madness!

Rudiger

Better performances from the kids in the first clip than that godawful campion, Paul and the other moppets. They bring new meaning to wooden.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed