All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,845,693 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

And I have yet to be given reason to believe it will not be a hollow retread of greater sires.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 23, 2021, 03:20:32 PM
...but but Rian Johnson promised us never-before-seen dudes and places 👉🏻👈🏻 :'(

I'm calling BS. After the reaction TLJ got who in their right mind would let Rian Johnson direct another Star Wars movie let alone three movies ?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 23, 2021, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 23, 2021, 03:20:32 PM
...but but Rian Johnson promised us never-before-seen dudes and places 👉🏻👈🏻 :'(

I'm calling BS. After the reaction TLJ got who in their right mind would let Rian Johnson direct another Star Wars movie let alone three movies ?

Disney of course  :laugh:

Sol

Sol

I'm just gonna be honest. I hope he never touches another SW property ever again.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Did you watch them?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: vía ComicBookRumors of a Tales of the Jedi project emerged just last week, thanks to supposed images of the Lucasfilm holiday gift landing online. The packaging highlighted the various projects Lucasfilm had been working on in 2021, which included Indiana Jones 5, Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett, and the upcoming Willow TV series. However, fans also noted the logo for Tales of the Jedi, something that fans had been entirely unaware of.

Understandably, this ignited speculation about what this project could be. Due to how difficult it is to keep live-action movies and TV shows a secret from the internet, theories centered around Tales of the Jedi likely being an animated endeavor. Adding more excitement to this speculation is that back in the '90s, Dark Horse Comics published a series of comic books with the Tales of the Jedi title, which unfolded during the Old Republic era of the galaxy far, far away.

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/1475901246695362560

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So I finally saw Star Wars: Visions (I put off my resubscription until Book of Boba Fett was closer) and I really enjoyed it overall and am hoping we get more content in the future since the potential is there.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I was skeptical at first, but it seems to be a perfect format to experiment beyond the movies.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It just blows my mind though that Dad thinks it looks like garbage drawn for 5 year olds.

Like if you don't want to watch it that's fine no one will force you to, everyone's different and all that... but this coming from the man who likes Minions.

Put me out of my misery please.

Sol

Sol

The Visions project was fantastic. Not stricken by canon and rules. Just allowed these wonderful directors, designers and animators to have fun with the IP. There's some very promising material there too, worthy of additional material. 

My favorites were;

The Duel
The Twins
The Ninth Jedi
The Elder

It's actually rather full circle here. The influence Japanese media and culture as a whole has had on Star Wars since the very beginning is obvious. This is just one way Japan has contributed to this media franchise over it's lifetime.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Visions feels, to me, like what the Anthology films promised to be before caving to the desire to just tell prequel stories about pre-existing characters/events (which now seems to be the mantra for the majority of the D+ shows as well). Visions is one of the very best projects to come out of the Disney era of Star Wars in my opinion.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The quality of not being subject to canon, surprisingly gives it a very promising creative potential.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Spoiler
Barely wears the helmet.
[close]

#Staysalty

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Temuera Morrison thinking he's RDJ now?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed