Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 131,907 times)

out-at-night-mostly

out-at-night-mostly

Interesting the game is running smoothly for me

The only issue i got right now is with the vision mode when marines are not in red and aliens in green.

Drewid

Drewid

Quote from: out-at-night-mostly on Feb 18, 2010, 01:42:23 PM
Interesting the game is running smoothly for me

The only issue i got right now is with the vision mode when marines are not in red and aliens in green.

You need to turn off forced anti-aliasing in your driver settings.

Drew

Drew

Glitch I noticed in PS3/XBOX versions..

A dead alien player's corpse will move around frantically on the ground. I've only seen this in multiplayer, it breaks the immersion. Also, when I die I can sometimes see my corpse passing through the floor or wall, looks very unprofessional from a game like this. 

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Sorry if i missed it but is anyone else on PS3 getting stuck in a ranked match after it has ended for about 20 second, thus missing the post game stats screen then getting booted do to host disconnection?

I'm getting this after 1:4 or 5 games and it does not give me the experience i had earned.  Very frustrating.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Drew on Feb 18, 2010, 03:28:47 PM
Glitch I noticed in PS3/XBOX versions..

A dead alien player's corpse will move around frantically on the ground. I've only seen this in multiplayer, it breaks the immersion. Also, when I die I can sometimes see my corpse passing through the floor or wall, looks very unprofessional from a game like this.

Yeah, that game has some weird ragdollin' going on... saw this in the demo, too.

Drew

Drew

Peteysodes, yes this happened to me twice so far, very frustrating, especially after long games.

muz

muz

Singleplayer "Jungle" stage on both marine and predator campaign' on the PC (haven't tryed alien yet) glitch/errors.

On marines jungle stage as it loads there is no floor and so i fall into, well nothing. And thus die.. over and over again. Restart from checkpoint or restarting stage makes no difference.

On predators jungle stage the movie plays fine, then as the ship lands and cloaks i die - wtf!? And also, if i click fire while the ships are decending i fall out and goes like the marine stage, falling into nothing and then dying.

Good job rebellion.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Could people reporting issues please state what they are running (360, PS3, PC, Dx9, Dx11 etc), it's hard to point people at usefull threads etc if we don't know the full situation.

For falling through the floor, if it's the PC version try verifying the files through steam. There have been a  number of cases where the download hasn't completed fully leaving players with no environment (because the file was missing).

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I didnt have this issue in the demo, and i cznt show screenshots because they dont show in in screenshots, but on objects and in walls when im looking at an angle at them through the shadows jabe these dotted white lines on them.

Dunno if its a glitch or somthing but its odd and im wanting to know if anyone else has this?

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 18, 2010, 04:52:17 PM
I didnt have this issue in the demo, and i cznt show screenshots because they dont show in in screenshots, but on objects and in walls when im looking at an angle at them through the shadows jabe these dotted white lines on them.

Dunno if its a glitch or somthing but its odd and im wanting to know if anyone else has this?

This is the first time you've seen it in a game? I see them everywhere. It's a line in-between textures or meshes or something like that.

muz

muz

Said PC version, but am running in DX11^^ also happens in DX9 mode too
Will give steam a look now, cheers

Also getting those random stutters, but that's been mentioned a bunch already.

i7 920
5770 x2 xfire
6gb ddr3 etc

edit 2 - checked it through steam, was missing 1 file which redownloaded. checking now
edit 3 - same thing happens but now the sequence where the pods fly down looks like crap lol.. nightmare

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 18, 2010, 04:53:57 PM
Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 18, 2010, 04:52:17 PM

This is the first time you've seen it in a game? I see them everywhere. It's a line in-between textures or meshes or something like that.

Yes! its like that :P it looks odd wonder if they will patch it, or better yet is anyone else getting this?  did u have this in the demo? because i know i didnt

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Nah, I wasn't seeing it in the demo. Patch it? Highly unlikely.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Are you forcing anti-aliasing?

psychoanomaly

psychoanomaly

Fun game, but the Asura engine is really buggy. Terrible physics... aliens, marines, and predators alike all jitter around on the ground when killed... sometimes they even do ridiculous backflips. Pretty bad framerate, which should never be a problem on the 360 (which is the version I'm talking about). Often the enemies will not react to your attacks as they should. Occasionally I'll claw a marine to death, and the whole time they just stand there like a statue. At times the character movement can be really jaggy... I don't know if this is the framerate, or an innate problem with the engine. 

The marine dialogue is actually embarrassing. They just quack the same old lines over and over again, with occasional variations of voice type. It's like Rebellion thought they could get away with 5 marine dialogues as long as they were all spoken in a couple different voices. It really substrates from the atmosphere. With such terrible dialogue, you don't need bad AI to feel like your foes are complete idiots. "Don't relax yet marines!"... can't tell you how many times I heard that one.

The graphics on the 360 can be very disappointing at times. The Predators are not very detailed. One scene stands out in particular, where you harvest an elite Predator as an Alien. The Preds face looked so bad that I almost couldn't bare to watch. On the contrary, the alien models look pretty good, not excellent, but respectable. Marine models are so so, pretty low res textures. The environment seemed pretty graphically weak to me, though not terrible.

This game is fun, I love it, but it's chock-full of bugs that really take away from the game. I wonder how it looks and plays in DirectX11...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed