New Site

Started by SiL, May 24, 2007, 10:29:47 AM

Author
New Site (Read 6,309 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Now if only they could fix the colouring.

Glad to see you acknowledge some of our arguements.  :P
http://so937.avp2files.com/index.htm

Lots of updates BTW.

SiL

SiL

Yes indeed, I got four more reviews up. When I update today I plan on having another review, an article, and more comic pages.

SM

SM

So the Alien aren't toys in Labyrinth - but Church lead one around on a leash...

Geez that sucked...

SiL

SiL

You may notice a complete lack of a mention of that in the review ;D

I felt the flash-back sequence kind'a overpowered that one bit of the story. Aliens doing biological experiments = scary.

SM

SM

The flashback really lifted Labyrinth above the average.

However, the leash and the overall incoherency of the story really let it down.

And Beauvais's art was better than Plunket's.  Just.  :P

SiL

SiL

Beauvais did Nightmare Asylum, didn't he?

Eh, I maintain that Plunket's really the only artist to have ever truly nailed the Alien look. Beauvais' work was excellent, but I think Plunket edges him out.

SM

SM

Back in the 80's when they started plugging Book 2 as Book 1 was nearing the end of it's run I swore I was looking at a photo at some of Beauvais artwork.

Plunkett's still pretty good.  Second after Den - I found Plunkett a little messy on occasion though.  Bolton's also very good.  Very Giger-esque.

SiL

SiL

I prefer Dorman to Bolton. His Tribes work ... :o

SM

SM

Dorman's demi-godlike.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Never could get into Plunkett's stuff. It's good, don't get me wrong but not my favorite. Nightmare Asylum has to be the most unique comic out there. Lovely artwork.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't know about what all you want to do with your site, but you should add some forums.  Especially with the Alien/Predator/AvP/ comic omnibuses coming out, as well as the novels and what have you.

I think there are different styles of art that work to the different styles of story.  In Aliens style, Denis Beauvais nailed it.  For a more Alien style, I prefered Plunkett.

SiL

SiL

Hmm, I guess I could add a Forum.

But then I'd spend a lot of time telling people to shut up about the comics and novels being canon when they aren't ;D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You should just lay down a FAQ.

And say that the comics and what have you belong in the extended/alternate universe.

Or something.

SiL

SiL

True.

Know any good free forum thingies?

...*looks at link at the bottom of the page*

Oooh.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

That, or for something simple; http://www.proboards.com Its what I use.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed