The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 122,389 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 04:15:37 PM
I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...
This is what I meant earlier.

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

Damn you cringe easily  :P

A lot of people hated Iron Man 3 despite it being a fairly decent movie in terms of directing, but of course most of the people don't give a shit about directing and just want their beloved iron man to do this and that... It's cinema first and foremost, predator or not... And Shane Black is good at cinema, i think it matters greatly. But hey i'm wasting my time anyway, like i said too many people don't care about filmmaking. They don't realize they have a good director. And some of them don't seem to understand jack shit about editing a trailer either regarding all the complaints about the kid part and the ship crashing  :laugh:

KiramidHead

I liked what I saw. Shane Black is the man, as usual. #GodDamnSpaceAliens

Flap-Jack

Flap-Jack

You will never get testosteron fest and mystery from the first movie... (ever again). Youd didn't knew what was hunting those guys in the first place - there was tension... It just can't be done if you know what is comming and filmmakers can bust their a.s of but still it can't be done - so deal with it.

Also i liked the teaser and i will be there opening night no matter what. Jacob Tremblay stuff from the begining is kinda what i don't like to be honest but i think there is more to it... I bet he is not controlling the ship - it's just miss direction

Brzrkr

I'm there for Shane Black. He hasn't let me down yet.

Master

I mostly do care about the plot.

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 04:46:43 PM
The kid isn't controlling the Predator ship.

No, he isn't. The problem is not with that scene. Never was.
The problem is that
Spoiler
in the end of the film Rory is literally controlling the Ark...from inside the ship.
[close]

newagescamartist

Looks terrible. We have a real crap movie coming out, don't we? This could be the end of Predator. Expectations are as low as possible for me now.

Predboy

I'll still reserve judgement on the whole DNA splicing thing until I see it all pieced together. I don't think you can unequivocally state that it's un-Predator for them to be doing it and they can't have been doing that. I do like that Black and Dekker are being brave and taking a big leap with actually moving the mythology forward. I think the Predator franchise is really versatile and I'm keen to see how someone with Black's pedigree handles it.

After reading this, it got me thinking. At first it seemed weird but now, if they handle this right, it can be a great addition to the predator mythos. Think about it, they're aliens who are obsessed with hunting the most dangerous game in the universe. We know there are different styles of clans who enjoy hunting in their own ways, striving to make themselves better by learning from how they can improve themselves through their experiences with different game. This can be the introduction to another clan of predators who use gene splicing as their method to improving themselves to be more efficient hunters, similar to how the super predators were said to change their tech and their hunting strategies every time they finished with a hunt. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xerxész on May 10, 2018, 05:11:28 PM
The kid isn't controlling the Predator ship.

No, he isn't. The problem is not with that scene. Never was.
The problem is that
Spoiler
in the end of the film Rory is literally controlling the Ark...from inside the ship.
[close]

I'm fairly sure he doesn't - at least not in the first test screening. This is the problem you have when you form opinions based on a really old version of the script.

GOD

GOD

Calm down Haters...Calm !

And watch the movie ;)

I Believe in BLACK ^^

KillCrites

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
Quote from: KillCrites on May 10, 2018, 04:22:16 PM
I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything... good to see a lot of people didn't like the trailer. I think the cast will be quite solid but I don't like this overly clinical sci fy channel feel.
I have the feeling that some folks are so attached to what they feel Predator should be that they won't accept anything new.

but it doesn't look new... it looks uninspired...
This is the most unique story we've ever had in a Predator movie, idk what you're talking about.

McTierman

McTierman

David 8 Posted 10 minutes ago I'm there for Shane Black. He hasn't let me down yet.

Thanks god, same here.

:)

We'll wait for the movie before taking out our pitchforks?

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:14:16 PM
This is the problem you have when you form opinions based on a really old version of the script.

Which 'really old version' does quite well match what we can see in the trailer. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Broad-strokes maybe the same but folk are getting upset over specifics that can and have changed.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...
This is what I meant earlier.

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

Damn you cringe easily  :P

A lot of people hated Iron Man 3 despite it being a fairly decent movie in terms of directing, but of course most of the people don't give a shit about directing and just want their beloved iron man to do this and that... It's cinema first and foremost, predator or not... And Shane Black is good at cinema, i think it matters greatly. But hey i'm wasting my time anyway, like i said too many people don't care about filmmaking. They don't realize they have a good director. And some of them don't seem to understand jack shit about editing a trailer either regarding all the complaints about the kid part and the ship crashing  :laugh:

Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise. There is nothing in Iron Man 3 that comes even close to being in the same league of film-making as the original 2 Predator movies. It was shallow commercial entertainment with little to no subtext. It was fast food entertainment. Garbage for the masses. Just my opinion of course. I expect more from properties like Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed