Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 731,185 times)

stephen

stephen

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 27, 2012, 06:36:02 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 04:40:02 AM
I try to avoid assumptions as much as possible and clearly state when I don't.

Has anyone ever assumed that maybe the egg contained two facehuggers?

Probably - and this can be added to my list above.

I've still always argued that the problem is the LOCATION of the egg.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Since I'm a newbie here, what are some of the more plausible explanations for the location?

SM

SM

Dropship.
Hangar subflooring.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

I know how it got on the sulaco.  :) I've studied this problem for many years and gone over it scene and analyzed possible causes and I can assure you, the egg is on the sulaco becase...

Spoiler
Lazy, bad writing and rushed shooting schedule. It's there because they needed a sequel and didn't have a plot. It's there because they assumed audiences wouldn't give a shit. It's there because 20th Century Fox wanted money. It's an unresolved, forever-ambiguous plot hole.
[close]

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop brought the egg to the ship with a loose facehugger.  Hence the sounds at the end of Aliens credits.

Stop over analyzing this.  It is so simple.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:36:24 AM
Yeah, it does.  When Ripley quizzes Bishop about the flight recorder they only talk about a single Alien.  Not plural.

Yeah, I was about to say.

"Was there an Alien on board?"

"It was with us the whole way."

Quote from: Guts on Sep 27, 2012, 05:47:19 AMThat webbed one is a queen hugger though? Cos i know that thing was huge.

Yes. I presume it was supposed to be the one creeping up on Newt in the opening, but when Fincher left and Fox took over they didn't care and just used a normal facehugger. When it comes to the stuff Fincher actually shot it would be the inmate finding the queen hugger with the unconscious ox. Fox later got rid of that and did the shot of the normal hugger getting the dog. The ox being replaced in the assembly cut messes with the shots of the opening with the normal hugger.

Quote from: Vermillion on Sep 27, 2012, 04:57:48 PM
Bishop brought the egg to the ship with a loose facehugger.  Hence the sounds at the end of Aliens credits.

Stop over analyzing this.  It is so simple.

I disagree with this. It goes against what Aliens was trying to say. We're meant to slowly trust Bishop like Ripley. He's the anti-Ash. Burke takes on that role, and in a way he's scarier because he's not a machine taking orders he chooses to be a scumbag.

"You don't see them f**king each other over for a goddamn percentage."

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop stated Mr. Burke wanted the specimen brought back....hmmm. 

Serious people. The most obvious is the answer.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Vermillion on Sep 27, 2012, 05:31:53 PM
Bishop stated Mr. Burke wanted the specimen brought back....hmmm. 

Here are problems with it

-Bishop is a good character
-As you pointed out, he told Ripley that Burke wanted him to take the specimen for analysis. he wouldve told Ripley he brought more
-No point of him hiding the egg stuck upside down
-No way for him to hide it from Ripley. Ripley was with him in the dropship, and as soon as he exited, he was chopped in half. Ripley took care of him from then on and obviously he wasnt capable of anything
-He never went to the hive, he couldnt have have gotten the egg, and the only things in the lab were two dead facehuggers and two live ones blasted by Hudson
-Ripley would surely do a bioscan of the ship afterwards to make sure nothing else stowed away, since Alien 3 showed us it was possible, as the flight recorder noted alien presence

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Also, the two live facehuggers were still alive when Bishop left.  He didn't kill them as Ripley ordered, which means he had no reason to get more AND that Burke's orders stood whether Ripley liked them or not.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop did it. Plain and simple.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vermillion on Sep 27, 2012, 10:28:41 PM
Bishop did it. Plain and simple.

The Queen did it. Extraordinary and complicated.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 27, 2012, 05:04:26 PM
Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:36:24 AM
Yeah, it does.  When Ripley quizzes Bishop about the flight recorder they only talk about a single Alien.  Not plural.

Yeah, I was about to say.

"Was there an Alien on board?"

"It was with us the whole way."

This assumes Bishop was in perfect working order and knew what he was talking about when in fact we know he's not in perfect working order and even says so himself.

SM

SM

And this assumes the data from the flight recorder is faulty - which from the initial announcements, it isn't.

QuoteBishop stated Mr. Burke wanted the specimen brought back....hmmm. 

Serious people. This answer is utter bullshit.

QuoteHe didn't kill them as Ripley ordered, which means he had no reason to get more AND that Burke's orders stood whether Ripley liked them or not.

There's no time for Bishop to kill them.  He tells Ripley about Burkes order, Ripley confronts Burke, alarms go off and Alien get gunned down in tunnel, then Bishop tells them about the impending nuclear explosion.  It does raise an interesting dilemma for Bishop though.  He's bound to obey Burke, as there's no immediate danger from the huggers.  However is he bound to obey Ripley's opposing order?  It could be reasoned out that the Company will use the huggers to harm humans, so would Bishop's reasoning reach that far?

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 11:21:07 PM
And this assumes the data from the flight recorder is faulty - which from the initial announcements, it isn't.

Where have I ever said or assumed that the data from the flight recorder is faulty?

I have made assumptions that Bishop was not lieing when he said "It's very dark here Ripley, I'm not what I used to be."

Bishop could be reading the data correctly and still only think there was one alien on board.  It's dependent on the data he was reading.  Just because he talks singularly doesn't prove that there was only one alien on board.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

If Bishop did it, which goes against his character, wouldn't they have made a point of it in the movie? Instead there's every indication that whatever it was snuck on board.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed