Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 359,701 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 28, 2011, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 28, 2011, 02:00:15 AM
Simple fact is Resurrection - a very nice looking film no matter what you think of the storyline - got visually shafted.
Wholeheartedly this. They could've done a whole world better.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 28, 2011, 05:20:00 AM
What is your reasoning as to why they did such a craptastic job on the anthology then?  If it isn't because they didn't want to put the money in, what WAS the reason in your opinion?
Dude, you do understand that I'm not searching for simply a reason, but I'm searching for a valid one?

Money makes the world go round hossfly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yesterday evening I finally finished the four Alien films on Blu-Ray.
Alien is downright excellent in every aspect. The picture is sharp and clean and absolutely beautiful to look at. 10/10
Aliens, despite being still heavy in grain, manages to get a load of nice details into the screen. Colors are now vivid, in contrast with those of the DvD. 9/10
Alien3 could've been better, beginning from the fact they didn't bother much in re-compositing the Runner Alien Rod Puppet into the picture, and as such, the thing kept its 'signature' green shadings. Same with every other green-screen effect. Faces and everything else are very nice, though. 8/10
Alien: Resurrection wasn't a great step-up as it could have been, as I said in the past pages. Things have been cleaned and the quality 'jumped' only to an extent. A wasted opportunity to make the wonderful cinematography of the film to shine even more. 6.5-7/10

Valaquen

Valaquen

Individual Blu release as advertised on http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1569150&tab=5&date=406125712615741&anchor=1&partner_id=11870974&site_id=69#topoftabs

A couple of the covers seem to be from behind the scenes shots of the Aliens [specifically Aliens and Alien 3], so I'm not too sure if they're completely genuine or not. But still, here you go.

SM

SM

The Alien3 one looks like a still of the puppet.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2011, 03:50:26 AM
The Alien3 one looks like a still of the puppet.
It's def the suit:

SM

SM

Ah right.

Though it was based on this one:

ZOMG!!  Iz gaffer tape cannon!!11!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2011, 03:54:06 AM
:laugh: Don't encourage anyone!

predxeno

predxeno

I was wondering when or if they would ever release the individual Blu-Rays for each of the films.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Pretty sweet covers. I look forward to admiring those in my future strolls down the Blu-Ray aisle.

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2011, 03:54:06 AM

Shit, not so loud! He's here!

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Annoyingly, I realise that it'd be more sensible to just buy the Anthology as that'll be cheaper than the combined cost of these separate releases.

But the covers... them alone would justify it. 

SiL

SiL

Knew there was a reason I didn't buy the box!

But what the hell is up with the Alien cover? :-\

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Yeah, Alien looks hella uninspired next to the rest of them. When Resurrection has a cooler looking cover than the original, you know there's a problem.

The Necronoir

cmc

cmc

Great! Now I can buy the ALien Trilogy without having to waste good bin space on ressurection!  :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: The Necronoir on Mar 12, 2011, 11:13:23 AM
That doesn't even look like a finished version, with that tape and the silver paint scheme...
It was used to suspend the Alien from the roof in the hospital room scene. You were only meant to see the shadow and impressions of it. There are other photos going around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed