Popular things you don't get

Started by Ratchetcomand, Apr 18, 2013, 08:41:55 PM

Author
Popular things you don't get (Read 72,434 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I never got into Mass Effect or Bio-Shock. I know people will hate me for that.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 18, 2013, 10:15:17 PM
I never got into Mass Effect or Bio-Shock. I know people will hate me for that.

You're a terrible person.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 18, 2013, 09:44:15 PM
Soccer.

Kick ball into net. Repeat.

NASCAR.

Drive fast in circles. Repeat.

Reality TV.

I can't.

Yup. Although I'm okay with reality TV if there's intelligence/talent involved: Top Chef, The Mole, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance. But for the most part I hate it.

Raku

Raku

Here is my list:

Dubstep: Okay, I get electric music because it can connect with melodies... Dubstep doesn't do this. It has some melodies, but the most popular thing about it just pure utter noise. I just don't get it!

FPS Genre: I get the fact that people like shooting things, and they love challenges... I just don't get this because it seems to be the same exact game across the board. The only difference is how the games look, their stories, graphics, and titles. I just don't get it =/

Slenderman: I get that- Screw it, I just don't get the appeal.

Reality TV: I live my life, why would I want to see other people live theirs? I would be happy if they replaced this abomination with game shows... Hell replace with boring nature/history documentaries, I won't care.

That's all I have for now. I'll either edit this post or make another one with more things that I don't get.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Raku on Apr 18, 2013, 11:52:25 PM

FPS Genre: I get the fact that people like shooting things, and they love challenges... I just don't get this because it seems to be the same exact game across the board. The only difference is how the games look, their stories, graphics, and titles. I just don't get it =/

That's cause mostly military shooters keep getting marketed in the FPS genre and are over-saturating the market. Therefore not as many creative one's like Bioshock: Infinite get released. :P

Lie

Lie

That duck face meme.

Purebreedalien

Ooh~ Unpopular Opinions: The Thread.

This could easily turn into me listing shit I don't like (sports, Daniel Way's Deadpool) but I can see the appeal in those so I won't.  :D

I don't get turn-based RPGs like Final Fantasy, never really gripped me. Reality TV, I don't get My Little Pony either (all these things have already been mentioned whoops). I don't get why everything has to be 'dark' 'gritty' and 'grounded' either.

Raku

Raku

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 19, 2013, 10:57:48 AMI don't get why everything has to be 'dark' 'gritty' and 'grounded' either.

I forgot that one =P

Superhero movies: I don't know why they are trying to be The Dark Knight 2.0, but I like my super hero movies comic styled like the early superhero films.

Sci-fi Shows: Why can't we have some decent ones like there were back in the 90s.

That's all I have for now.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Harry Potter

Four great books, followed by three mediocre ones and a film series that was only ever 'decent' at best.

Or maybe I just grew out of it, I don't know.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I never got into Mass Effect since I never care for the gameplay. I just found myself doing is running to the waypoint in Mass Effect and talking to someone and then running to another waypoint and talking to them most of the time. I really enjoy Jade of Empire and the KOTOR games, so I let down at the time when the game came out.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 20, 2013, 12:57:45 AM
Harry Potter

Four great books, followed by three mediocre ones and a film series that was only ever 'decent' at best.

Don't be hating on Harry Potter. >:(

Keg

Keg

Instagram.

Every c**t is using it on facebook and twitter. Can they not just upload them normally without making their photos look like they were taken with a camera with cateracts.

Magneto

Magneto

Instagram or Facebook. Twitter I understand a little more because you can actually get news and other important information from it, whereas Facebook is just people talking about their everyday lives that I honestly have no interest in (at least the people I know).

Instagram I don't entirely understand. I've never cared to look at it or pay attention to it enough, but from what I've seen and heard it's just a medium for people to post pictures of food.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Vickers on Apr 20, 2013, 11:21:26 AM
Don't be hating on Harry Potter. >:(

I'm sorreeeee... :'(

But I do think it's great that it managed to get a whole generation of kids (and hey, adults) reading.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 20, 2013, 12:57:45 AM
Harry Potter

Probably grew out of it. Personally, it brings out my inner young child for me, and I enjoy the hell out of the books and movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed