Doom (2016) (Doom 4)

Started by Ratchetcomand, May 09, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Author
Doom (2016) (Doom 4) (Read 89,417 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Watched the movie version on GLP this morning. Not too bad.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

the shooting is definitely better mechanically but I HATE the jumping around bullshit.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2020, 04:11:27 AM
I'm three levels in so far and very much enjoying it myself. Definitely feels more difficult than the 2016 game so far.

That's what I've been seeing too. I'm trying to psyche myself up to play it (it's a process), but the increased difficulty plus the new mechanics have me a little apprehensive to dive right in.

I've already watched the cut scene videos multiple times and have been reading the codexes/lore discussions. That's kept me really busy  :laugh: So much to digest this time around.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 22, 2020, 08:55:39 PM
the shooting is definitely better mechanically but I HATE the jumping around bullshit.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know why there's so much of it either. The jumping that is.

Plus, I feel like the arena style it has gets a bit old. The game feels like a compilation of multiplayer maps put together. Granted, 2016 had an arena style, but 2016 still felt more cohesive and had a better sense of place.

All that aside though, the combat is terrific. It is heaps of fun once you get the hang of it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Does Eternal have a map maker like that last one? That was surprisingly intuitive and powerful.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Any ps4 lads here? I wanna farm the last 2 battlemode trophies I need so I can drop the multiplayer forever

Stitch

Stitch

Recently finished this on UV. It's hard, and intense. Marauders are annoying. Not likely to play again for awhile, just because it's so difficult, but it's an awesome experience!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pro-tip for the Marauders that I learned recently; the dog only spawns if you shoot the shield! Took me way too long to realize that. :D

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2020, 02:53:47 AM
Pro-tip for the Marauders that I learned recently; the dog only spawns if you shoot the shield! Took me way too long to realize that. :D
Sticky bomb the floor! He'll walk into the blast.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I always just do the double shotgun/ballista switch.  Takes like four or five cycles and he's done.

But when I first played it would take forever with just the double shotgun. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 26, 2020, 03:38:51 PM
I always just do the double shotgun/ballista switch.  Takes like four or five cycles and he's done.

True, but it's never him that's the problem. It's all the other little bastards that are around. Trying to avoid the marauder whilst taking out multiple cacodemons and other assorted hellspawn is fiendishly annoying.

Kimo

Kimo

Just finished Doom Eternal and what a awsome game, but have to admit it's pretty dam hard especially on first playthrough when it lacking certain mods and upgrades. Tip if ur getting really frustrated because you will? Just go back and reply some of the earlier levels and collect them extra life's, stacking up on a bunch of life's will help you survive them harder waves of demons later in the game and help you deal with them assholes Marauders. One pissed me off so much that I replayed early levels and stacked up on loads of life's and went back and ripped him a new asshole. Also extra life's are always there when you replay an earlier level so you can stack up as much as you want.

Back to the game.
I seriously think I can no longer play Doom 2016 after playing Etetnal it is just soo f**king bad ass, especially when you are in control. You really feel like a killing machine. I like how Doomguy now has a shoulder type of cannon and even a wrist type of blade similar to the Predator and Doom Guy can now run up some walls and do dash and double jumps over long distances. I seriously think this style of gameplay would make a awsome future Predator game. Overall worth every penny.

My negatives are only small ones and the main one for me the were too many jump sections in the game. I can also see some casual players getting frustrated with the difficulty because it forces you to play out of ur comfort zone causing you to die a lot. However when you do get use to this new style of gameplay and know what weapons and mods work best to deal with the tougher enemies, you will absolutely have one of the best gaming experiences of this generation.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 26, 2020, 11:30:10 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 26, 2020, 03:38:51 PM

True, but it's never him that's the problem. It's all the other little bastards that are around. Trying to avoid the marauder whilst taking out multiple cacodemons and other assorted hellspawn is fiendishly annoying.

This. Plus, the thing I really hate about the Marauder is that he just slows the pace right down. I hate having to wait for him. He's not challenging, he's just boring.

razeak

razeak

I think the Marauder is boring too. Sometimes he stands there doing nothing way too much.

I tried to go back and play 2016 DOOM. I can't. DOOM Eternal ruined it lol. Eternal is so fun. I like the jumping mechanics, but I felt like it was a bit much in the last few levels. It's amazing for combat. 

The big negative is the arena style. They need to do something about that.

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

Oh my...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed