What would be a proper ending for David?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 06, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

What would be a proper ending for David?

1. David creates the biomechanical Alien, and then it is destroyed by his creation.
7 (12.5%)
2. David creates the Queen, and then it is destroyed by his creation
0 (0%)
3. David is destroyed by the Engineers.
5 (8.9%)
4. David is destroyed by the Space Jockey of LV-426.
1 (1.8%)
5. Somehow, David becomes the Space Jockey of LV-426.
2 (3.6%)
6. After discovering that he was recreating an imperfect version of the Alien created by the Engineers, David commits suicide.
5 (8.9%)
7. David has his own "Tears in rain" monologue, and then he dies.
0 (0%)
8. David is killed by Walter.
1 (1.8%)
9. Beheaded and burned with a flamethrower by Daniels.
0 (0%)
10. David is killed by Tennesse.
0 (0%)
11. David is killed by Covenant's computer "Mother".
0 (0%)
12. Somehow, David's consciousness is transferred to Ash.
2 (3.6%)
13. David transfers his consciousness to Jonesy (see Altered Carbon).
0 (0%)
14. He performs his own version of hell (like Satan) on Origae-6 and plans to travel to Mankind's Eden on Earth to release the chaos and corrupt the God's creation.
5 (8.9%)
15. After meeting the creator of the Black Goo, David was transformed into a fetus, and became a Star Child.
1 (1.8%)
16. After becoming a Starchild, David is able to manipulate space-time and ends up creating the Engineers and triggering a cosmic paradox.
1 (1.8%)
17. David is killed in a motorcycle accident like his hero  T. E. Lawrence.
3 (5.4%)
 18. He ends up like the titan Prometheus, tortured for eternity.
6 (10.7%)
19. David survives and has a key role in a sequel set in the distant future of the timeline, post Alien Resurrection.
3 (5.4%)
20. Similar to the previous option, but with David meeting Ripley / Ripley 8.
1 (1.8%)
21. David is hunted by a Predator, and his head ends in a Yautja trophy room.
1 (1.8%)
22. In a final battle on LV-426, David infects the Engineer flying the Derelict - and the Derelict lands on David.
1 (1.8%)
23. David's journey ends in an LV-223 infested by Deacons.
0 (0%)
24. An unknown or ambiguous fate.
2 (3.6%)
25. David dies trying to achieve the ideal of the Ubermensch through his Perfect Organism.
1 (1.8%)
26. A facehugger can successfully impregnate David, after the android becomes a real boy (probably an Engineer thing).
0 (0%)
27. David got infected by a new kind of morph, which can use a robot as a host.
0 (0%)
28. David finds the most complex experimental facility ever built by the Engineers (the source of the AI that we nicknamed black goo) and he transfers his robotic consciousness to the alien machine creating the original Space Jockey in the process.
1 (1.8%)
29. Similar to the previous option, but with David being turned into the sacrificial Engineer from the beginning of Prometheus.
0 (0%)
30. While David is creating his army of Xenomorphs in Origae-6 (using the Covenant's colonists as guinea pigs in his experiments and as hosts for his deadly creations), the synthetic android is eventually confronted by the Engineers in an epic battle.
2 (3.6%)
31. David dies but discovers that Black Goo is like dinosaur DNA preserved in amber: the genetic material of a long gone lost world inhabited by the morphs (or xeno-like-beings) or even by the true Space Jockeys (the Engineers were charlatans, after all).
0 (0%)
32. Everyone is a robot, except David. And in an unexpected twist, it is revealed that the whole setting of the prequels it is, in fact, one of the Westworld's theme parks.
2 (3.6%)
33. Before his death, it is revealed that David is an Assassin fighting against the Order of Knights Templar (Weyland Yutani) and the Engineers are in fact "those who came before". Ie, David's trilogy is actually a crossover.
0 (0%)
34. David becomes a sacred idol for the Engineers in the form of a giant monolithic head.
1 (1.8%)
35. David is going to achieve, until a certain point, the Weyland's goal: immortality by transferring his robotic consciousness to MU-TH-UR 6000 and maybe other machines such as Ash. Ie, a parasite just like his creation.
1 (1.8%)
36. The same as above but with living human host (like Carter Burke for example), and in a post-credit scene it is revealed that Robert Morse is David.
0 (0%)
37. He wakes up and realize it was all just a dream, everything from Prometheus and Covenant.
0 (0%)
38. As the above option, but the dream is Alien: Covenant ... since David has been in a coma for 10 years on LV-223 after being beheaded by the Engineer. For more understanding read the Reply # 90.
0 (0%)
39. He needs the Lambert treatment.
0 (0%)
40. David creating the ultimate Mother Queen that becomes god to engineers while David fall into eternal dreaming state
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
What would be a proper ending for David? (Read 22,988 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If we are lucky to see the last prequel, what would be a proper ending for David?  there are some options in the poll, but feel free to suggest new ones  ;)

Scorpio

He ends up like the titan Prometheus, tortured for eternity.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Scorpio on May 06, 2018, 11:22:39 PM
He ends up like the titan Prometheus, tortured for eternity.

Added to the poll.

OpenMaw

I can't see how you'd be able to torture David in anyway similar to Prometheus. He doesn't feel pain. The physical suffering of Prometheus would not translate to his android persona.

Unless they(engineers) go Pinocchio and make David a real boy somehow.

For me the only proper way for his charater to end is death.

SM

In a final battle on LV-426, David infects the Engineer flying the Derelict - and the Derelict lands on David.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 12:02:13 AM
In a final battle on LV-426, David infects the Engineer flying the Derelict - and the Derelict lands on David.

Sounds interesting. Added.

Highland

Had to go motor cycle accident. Maybe outside of a shop called Williams Potter's.

SM

Nah a motorcycle crash in the desert.  David went in search of Weyland's 'nothing'.  And there is nothing in the desert.

Scorpio

I always thought this is a hint to David's eventual fate:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Huggs

Huggs

I'd rather we never see David's death. We go back to making Alien movies again. At some point in a future film, one of the teams that lands on LV-426 or some other planet can run across the "mutilated remains" of an unknown synthetic. After realizing it is not a human, since it has not completely rotted, the audience can infer the manner of death from the severe damage done to the body. And, the destroyed surrounding and remains of whatever cave, ship, or structure the body was found in can relate the details of what went wrong, and what David ultimately was up to after Covenant.

Think of it like Walters death, or the destroyed hallways of Hadley's Hope when the marines arrived. We could tell where the last stand was made, where the fighting had taken place, and it was far more eerie than showing the events themselves. We never saw what happened to Walter, but I think he had his head cut off (kind of like david) and was left to sit there alone for eternity. Maybe David will come back for him once he's "learned". But the fact that we don't really know what happened, makes it more frightening, sad, and effective.

I'd rather leave David and his horrible experiments and fate to the histories. Floating off into the dark unknown, like the space version of the titanic, is the best conclusion I could imagine for him. Maybe they could pull an Alien 3 Bishop move, and temporarily reactivate a part of him, and see something horrible he was doing, or see his death. I say use him for an Easter egg, and move on.

SM

Finding a mutilated David would need some explanation, or you don't include it.  You can't just leave the audience to infer it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 01:55:25 AM
Finding a mutilated David would need some explanation, or you don't include it.  You can't just leave the audience to infer it.

They would infer the manner of death, (mutilation by a xenomorph or he was the first synthetic to chestburst). I didn't mean they would need to infer his identity. That could be explained by the characters. It worked well enough for shaw.

I suppose I'm just the kind of viewer who would rather not see too much. The engineers would've been scarier and more interesting to me had they only been seen in the holograph, body pile and lab scene from Prometheus. But along came covenant and 10,000 Elmer Fudds for cannon fodder. The jockey from the first movie and it's story feel more interesting and frightening simply because we see the wreckage of this immense thing, and can only wonder what awesome events brought it to its end. Sometimes less is more. I'd rather David was left to his fate alone, far from our sight.

Scorpio

I still want to know what happened to Shaw, that's like having a missing chapter.

SM

Quote from: Huggs on May 07, 2018, 01:58:10 AM

They would infer the manner of death, (mutilation by a xenomorph or he was the first synthetic to chestburst). I didn't mean they would need to infer his identity. That could be explained by the characters. It worked well enough for shaw.

Shaw was a victim of David's already well documented experiments (precisely how can be left up in the air).

You would need more than someone stumbling across a dead robot and wondering what happened to it.  It would need greater context in whatever story they're telling.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Scorpio on May 07, 2018, 02:02:36 AM
I still want to know what happened to Shaw, that's like having a missing chapter.

I know he killed her, but I'd have much rather her death been truly accidental. She awoke during the goo event, was severely injured in the crash, and David fought to save her. Maybe the table and all that stuff growing into her head was some engineer medical technology. She is beyond damaged and in severe pain, and doesn't want to live. David becomes truly alone, marooned possibly for all eternity. Her death finally pushes his fractured mind into madness. He harvests her parts, and we have the events of covenant. I think, for all his evil, David really did have feelings for Shaw, and there was some genuine emotion there.

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 02:12:05 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 07, 2018, 01:58:10 AM

Shaw was a victim of David's already well documented experiments (precisely how can be left up in the air).

You would need more than someone stumbling across a dead robot and wondering what happened to it.  It would need greater context in whatever story they're telling.

Sounds like a good job for the writers room. It could be done, and tastefully so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed