Zeta Reticuli

Started by markweatherill, Oct 08, 2014, 05:41:22 AM

Author
Zeta Reticuli (Read 3,804 times)

markweatherill

markweatherill

I started watching a playthrough of this game and straight off, couldn't overlook the pronunciation of Zeta Reticuli as 'Zeta Reticula'.
What follows doesn't redeem that! Are my expectations too high? Am I going to be 'forgiving' 'little' things like that all the way through...?

SM

SM

I noticed that.

I think there will be lots of little things to forgive (or not forgive depending on your mood).  Ultimately these guys make computer games and aren't as anal as a tiny handful of fans.

Xhan

Xhan

A NEWT

SM

SM

Snark

Snark

The actor was British. They mispronounce everything... Lieutenant... Leftennant... Tomato... Tamato... lol jk

SM

SM

Pronounce Lieutenant correctly you mean.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Zeta Reticuli is spelt right in the subtitles; I think it's the voice actors that are messing that up.

One thing that bothered me from the start is in the Torrens you can see various pieces on the wall with the old logo of "Weylan Yutani," but then when you read a computer it's "Weyand-Yutani."

It's tough being a fan. :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 08, 2014, 11:33:23 AM
Zeta Reticuli is spelt right in the subtitles; I think it's the voice actors that are messing that up.

One thing that bothered me from the start is in the Torrens you can see various pieces on the wall with the old logo of "Weylan Yutani," but then when you read a computer it's "Weyand-Yutani."

It's tough being a fan. :P

Why did they drop the "L"?  ???

PsyKore

PsyKore

Haha! Whoops. The missing L was my goof.

markweatherill

markweatherill

...I fully expect at some stage to hear Samuels say 'magnificent specimen, isn't it?'

szkoki

szkoki

Samuels get a decent twist in his story. I wish he could got more spotlight or any other character i just couldnt care about any of them:/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure we're meant to. The more I think about it, the more I think we're really supposed to be...isolated from anyone other than Amanda.

markweatherill

markweatherill

..I am not playing this game but I'm watching a playthrough video. The 'callback code' device animation doesn't look right. Why is Ripley's last button push lagging behind 'code accepted'?

I notice the subtitles, later on in the game, start showing signs that they were copied directly from the script! There's (beat) and (short pause) in there! And if the actors miss a word here and there, it isn't reflected in what's shown on screen.

And Ricardo's accent! That is going to get dated very quickly.

Taxemic

Taxemic

At least they spelt it right in the comic.

Speaking of the system, does anyone know roughly where KG348 is in relation to LV426?

Doktor Wunderbar

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 14, 2014, 04:32:43 PM
At least they spelt it right in the comic.

Speaking of the system, does anyone know roughly where KG348 is in relation to LV426?
Apparently it's somewhere in the region (although we don't know how big "the region" is), and roughly in between Thedus and Earth - although perhaps not directly between, as Sevastopol took an economic hit when the Thedus-Earth shipping lanes were rerouted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed