The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 83,788 times)

Tetsujin

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 04, 2018, 02:13:10 PMIt looks good....  8)

Wonderful!  :)

Xerxész

Quote from: Tetsujin on Sep 04, 2018, 01:18:33 PM
All scenes from the final trailer still in the movie?

yes / no

:)

No. 😁
Anyway, good question. I would like to know the answer as well.

Lionhart

Syntax, this is a very important question, how would you compare the body language, movements, of fugitive VS Kevin Peter halls from p1-p2?

Xerxész

SyntaX, when did you see the movie?
Oh, and an other, maybe answerable question... How where the dialogues?
I read the script and found the dialogues quite weak. I don't like when every second word is f**k and shit.

yautjapet

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 04, 2018, 03:00:34 PM
Syntax, this is a very important question, how would you compare the body language, movements, of fugitive VS Kevin Peter halls from p1-p2?

Seconding this question! Also, would you say Fugitive has much of a "personality" that we can see?

Huggs

Huggs

In regards to the ending, does it appear to set up sequels? Or can this movie stand on its own?

Any after-credits scenes or surprising "cameos"? No details or name dropping is necessary. Merely if you saw someone you didn't expect.

The Old One

The Old One

If you can tell the blood is CGI, is it really doing it's job?

The score's a more complex subject though.

Hollywood

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Sep 04, 2018, 10:36:33 AM
How is the Chemistry between The Loonies? Are they memorable or just throwaway characters?

I'd also like to know about this.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 04, 2018, 04:42:17 PM
If you can tell the blood is CGI, is it really doing it's job?

The score's a more complex subject though.

You can always tell when blood is CGI, no matter how perfect it is. Most of the time we can always tell when anything's CGI.

So the original main theme is there?

The Old One

The Old One

That's not true. Apart from the creatures; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t-8nR0w6wM

I'd wager most people didn't realise the majority of things in the above video that are CGI.

If CGI can't create blood as believable and indistinguishable from the real thing as those trees and extensions of sets,
then CGI shouldn't be used for that purpose.

azamultic

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 04, 2018, 08:16:15 PM
That's not true. Apart from the creatures; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t-8nR0w6wM

I'd wager most people didn't realise the majority of things in the above video that are CGI.

If CGI can't create blood as believable and indistinguishable from the real thing as those trees and extensions of sets,

Very strong statement, and I am personally as 3d modeler not agree, but I do see your logic.  ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 04, 2018, 08:16:15 PM

CGI is often used for blood these days because it's a lot faster to do a retake than when you have to clean up and redress a set. Very little to do with what is convincing or not.

The Old One

The Old One

I know why it's used, doesn't stop me from disagreeing with that as enough justification for it's inclusion.

But I also disagree that CGI blood is always obvious, static or in movement.

https://youtu.be/L-SChMB2Mao?t=3m54s

https://youtu.be/z_fiiARgT0w?t=2m40s

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 04, 2018, 03:58:20 PM

Seconding this question! Also, would you say Fugitive has much of a "personality" that we can see?

It's hard to top Kevin Peter Hall.
That being said, the Fugitive/Assassin share similarities but are both individuals. They are both Predators in terms of movement. And yes, they are threatening as hell. While the Fugitive resembles the Predator from P1 and P2 in terms of movement and cold precision, the Assassin is different. More direct, so to speak. It does, however, show plenty of similarities to the Predator we all know.

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 04, 2018, 04:10:06 PM
In regards to the ending, does it appear to set up sequels? Or can this movie stand on its own?

Any after-credits scenes or surprising "cameos"? No details or name dropping is necessary. Merely if you saw someone you didn't expect.

This movie can stand on it's own, for sure. However, it's setup so that sequels might happen.
Can't answer(Y)the (E) last (A) part of your(H) question though  ;)

Lionhart

Thanks for the answer. How would you rank fugitive among wolf?
Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 05, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 04, 2018, 03:58:20 PM

It's hard to top Kevin Peter Hall.
That being said, the Fugitive/Assassin share similarities but are both individuals. They are both Predators in terms of movement. And yes, they are threatening as hell. While the Fugitive resembles the Predator from P1 and P2 in terms of movement and cold precision, the Assassin is different. More direct, so to speak. It does, however, show plenty of similarities to the Predator we all know.

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 04, 2018, 04:10:06 PM

This movie can stand on it's own, for sure. However, it's setup so that sequels might happen.
Can't answer(Y)the (E) last (A) part of your(H) question though  ;)

Many thanks bro. Im fired up now 😎

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed