GamesCom 2019 - Opening Night - Predator: Hunting Grounds Footage

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2019, 06:02:57 PM

Author
GamesCom 2019 - Opening Night - Predator: Hunting Grounds Footage (Read 16,315 times)

Corporal Hicks

And the Stream is now up!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just snipping the footage out and uploading to the Repository now.

Well I would do if the recording had worked properly.

molasar

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: molasar on Aug 19, 2019, 06:33:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YikMEDe35Qs

Well they got the music right. And I like having third person for the Predator.

Kailem

I didn't realise it was going to be first-person for the humans, that's cool. Though you can definitely tell it doesn't have the World's Biggest Budget.

SuperiorIronman

Game-play just came and went. This was not the place to just show choppy footage and leave.

It looks fine from what we can see but everything went by so fast that I can hardly say that it looks alright. Only thing that really bugs me is the emphasis on the shoulder canon. Yeah it seems to pull more from the original film as the Predator only had two weapons in that, but there's just so much more to work with. There's the Smart-Disk, mines, the whip and even the noose. This would benefit from even including the dogs which would be an added danger to the human players.

It's otherwise fine, but I don't know why they even came out if it was just going to show some choppy footage and leave.

Huggs

Voodoo, why didn't you get someone near that satcom?

Kailem

The satcom said it was cool with Predator mouths that didn't close.

BlankSpace

LMAO PURE TRASH JUST LIKE I SAID

NONE OF YOU EVER WANT TO BELIEVE

YOU WILL WHEN THIS BOMBS THOUGH

HAHAHAHA!

BlankSpace

I also don't know what I'm talking about.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 19, 2019, 06:38:30 PM
Game-play just came and went. This was not the place to just show choppy footage and leave.

It looks fine from what we can see but everything went by so fast that I can hardly say that it looks alright. Only thing that really bugs me is the emphasis on the shoulder canon. Yeah it seems to pull more from the original film as the Predator only had two weapons in that, but there's just so much more to work with. There's the Smart-Disk, mines, the whip and even the noose. This would benefit from even including the dogs which would be an added danger to the human players.

It's otherwise fine, but I don't know why they even came out if it was just going to show some choppy footage and leave.

I agree I would have liked to see more, 5 minutes worth of footage would have been perfect imo.

The game doesn't come out till next year though and it's still in its pre-alpha stages so I'm not going to knock the footage for having an emphasis on the plasma cannon. There's still plenty of time for them to add more weapons for the predator.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: BlankSpace on Aug 19, 2019, 06:47:30 PM
I also don't know what I'm talking about.

Then why are you even here?

It's what we're expecting even if it doesn't have every reveal we want. Sometimes we do have to temper expectations for what is a smaller title on a smaller studio. Hunting Grounds is out of place at Gamescom, but it looks to play just fine. There's nothing wrong with that, but there is something wrong with jumping into a thread to shit on something when you don't know what you're talking about.

Voodoo Magic

So far in its building stage it looks very promising to me. The music. The environments. It looks like the Predator is both 3rd and 1st person.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 19, 2019, 06:48:12 PM
The game doesn't come out till next year though and it's still in its pre-alpha stages so I'm not going to knock the footage for having an emphasis on the plasma cannon. There's still plenty of time for them to add more weapons for the predator.

Agreed. I'm not worried about it the weapon situation. It's coming out next year sometime, which is a long time away.

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 19, 2019, 06:38:44 PM
Voodoo, why didn't you get someone near that satcom?

Dammit, you know I don't perform well under pressure!

Kailem

One thing that looks like it's carrying over from AVP2010 which is great is the Predator being able to easily traverse along branches and tree tops. That's definitely a good thing as far as mobility goes.

Corporal Hicks

Anyone notice the Stargazer namedrop? They're going after Stargazer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed