Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 81,650 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Big Chap hunted dallas down and outmaneuvered him in the vents from God only knows what distance, but the Covenant Alien doesn't even know two human beings are in the room until one of them bangs a pipe on stuff?

I ain't buyin' that.

Not to mention the claw attack. The Covenant Aliens were kinda...stupid.

Samhain13

They also didn't seem to be into anything but killing. No capturing, no attempt at establishing a hive. Just normal monster movie behavior for that gore.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 20, 2019, 05:51:42 PM
They also didn't seem to be into anything but killing. No capturing, no attempt at establishing a hive. Just normal monster movie behavior for that gore.

Which is what diminished it as an Alien in my mind. I can watch any other monster or slasher flick for the gore and the kills, with Alien I look for that little bit extra that Covenant didn't deliver.

Voodoo Magic

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 20, 2019, 05:51:42 PM

Essentially it was a Neomorph disguised as Alien. I imagine the excuse must be that such creation was not ready yet. There is a queen / eggmorphing on the way and the future is biomechanical, etc.

Voodoo Magic

I think that may be giving the script a wee too much credit for being smarter than it really is. :)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Indeed. Feels like fan headcanon, which is okay.

But 10 years playing with the goo and David wasn't able to give his creation the ability to spread its genes? Weak. But then again its quite fitting as David can't do that as well and its the source of his pain.

Voodoo Magic

It would be poetic if David created something that couldn't reproduce no matter how hard he tried, but we're in fanfaction territory now.

Besides I don't think Ridley Scott ever said David created the Neomorph disguised as an Alien. ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Don't read it literally. It was a way of saying that they did a mediocre job with the Alien, to the point that there is no improvement compared to the Neomorph. In fact they behave similarly. And yet the Neomorph wins, since black goo motes & egg sacks  are more effective than ovomorphs & facehuggers.

Local Trouble

Maybe it was just the best simulacrum of the true Alien that David could manage.  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 20, 2019, 07:57:35 PM
Maybe it was just the best simulacrum of the true Alien that David could manage.  ;D

Hopefully your reply becomes canon. That or a fresh restart.

SM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 20, 2019, 07:52:41 PM
Don't read it literally. It was a way of saying that they did a mediocre job with the Alien, to the point that there is no improvement compared to the Neomorph. In fact they behave similarly. And yet the Neomorph wins, since black goo motes & egg sacks  are more effective than ovomorphs & facehuggers.

Aliens fare better against bullets.  I daresay they'd fare better in space too.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2019, 12:37:58 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 20, 2019, 07:52:41 PM

Aliens fare better against bullets.  I daresay they'd fare better in space too.

Fair enough. Although when Oram killed the adult Neomorph, the latter seems to have resisted a decent time. At least more than I expected, since the creature doesn't have that natural Alien armor.

SiL

Aliens are a little more armoured, a little more acidic, a little more vacuum-resistant. Face-uggers are able to break into sealed suits to infect hosts -- but are much more conspicuous than spores and make it infinitely more obvious a person has been infected.

SM

Spores seems to act faster too and therefore much harder to counter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed