PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 56,694 times)

RakaiThwei

I... don't know what to think anymore.  :-\

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Beatnation on Sep 25, 2015, 03:04:08 AM
I just hope think twice instead let Blomhack erase the masterpiece that is Alien 3 -Assembly Cut- in favor of wet fan-fiction, if Blomhack can't think a a way to tell a new story without erase the prior movies then he doesn't deserve write/direct an Alien movie.

Well put. Hopefully this is Scott's endeavor to keep Blomkamp's ambitions in check, and will succeed in doing so *fingers crossed*!

RakaiThwei

Here's the thing about Blomkamp's movie... We don't know so far but all signs point to that he might be ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection. Even Michael Biehn has mentioned that is Blomkamp's intention, though everyone seems to want to ignore this.

dave1978

This is hilarious,  Ridley is a joke,  could the water be any more murky.  Wright this off now as a disaster.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 25, 2015, 01:59:05 AMCalling it Prometheus 2: Paradise Lost would have been nice and better too.

Even if you just dropped the Prometheus 2 bit and called it Paradise Lost, that would be infinitely superior. But no, studios apparently think we're all idiots who won't realise it's a sequel unless it has the right word in there somewhere. Honestly, it's a miracle the new Bond film isn't called 007: SPECTRE.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 25, 2015, 04:12:24 AMWe don't know so far but all signs point to that he might be ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection. Even Michael Biehn has mentioned that is Blomkamp's intention, though everyone seems to want to ignore this.

Maybe because the only person who can really say for sure, Blomkamp himself, has so specifically avoided saying he's going to undo 3 and 4, and even hinted otherwise at times?

I'm not gonna put too much stock in what Biehn says when the only connection he has to the movie is a hoax Twitter post saying he's in it that was quickly debunked, no offence to him. Same goes for anyone else. I'm waiting for it to come from the horse's mouth. And it hasn't.

Saggit

Mr. Scott please just make a good Alien movie, and let go all this Prometheus crap! As far as I'm concerned it could be just Alien: Isolation movie.

Dazza

You had your chance and you blew it, Ridley. Prometheus was dire. Leave it to Blomkamp!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 25, 2015, 02:53:55 AM
Ridley Scott Explains Why PROMETHEUS 2 Has Become An ALIEN Movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=125344

So he's going in the backdoor of the Alien. Sounds sexy Ridley!

Also does anyone remember the report that came out a year and a bit ago saying Prometheus 2 was going to be more Alienish......I know we have to take those things with a grain of salt but it was said by someone.....

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 10:01:31 AMAlso does anyone remember the report that came out a year and a bit ago saying Prometheus 2 was going to be more Alienish......

No. Literally every report said the sequel was going to be less Alien... because that's what Ridley repeatedly said. That's why I'm so concerned by this apparent u-turn.

Whiskeybrewer

He's either clutching at straws to bring people back or he's trying to keep BlomKampf in check and be the new guiding light of the Alien Universe

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 10:11:53 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 10:01:31 AMAlso does anyone remember the report that came out a year and a bit ago saying Prometheus 2 was going to be more Alienish......

No. Literally every report said the sequel was going to be less Alien... because that's what Ridley repeatedly said. That's why I'm so concerned by this apparent u-turn.

There definitely was one it's just near impossible to find at the moment. It basically said the movie was to be more claustrophobic like ALien.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 10:39:42 AMThere definitely was one it's just near impossible to find at the moment. It basically said the movie was to be more claustrophobic like ALien.

Really? Well even so, that's just talking about tone. Das Boot is claustrophobic like Alien, but you'd never say it has a similar plot.

Ridley was talking about actual plot when he said any Prometheus sequel would move further away from Alien. That's what makes this title so baffling. If its plot has nothing to do with Alien, why does it have Alien in the title?

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 10:45:31 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 10:39:42 AMThere definitely was one it's just near impossible to find at the moment. It basically said the movie was to be more claustrophobic like ALien.

Really? Well even so, that's just talking about tone. Das Boot is claustrophobic like Alien, but you'd never say it has a similar plot.

Ridley was talking about actual plot when he said any Prometheus sequel would move further away from Alien. That's what makes this title so baffling. If its plot has nothing to do with Alien, why does it have Alien in the title?

Because they are going in the backdoor of the Alien? Didn't you read his quote?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 11:03:00 AMBecause they are going in the backdoor of the Alien? Didn't you read his quote?

I didn't literally mean why is it in the title. I meant why has he suddenly pulled a 180 on the whole "we're moving away from Alien" thing? That kinda rash concept change was probably the biggest cause of the problems in the first movie, and it looks like he's doing it again.

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 11:17:37 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 11:03:00 AMBecause they are going in the backdoor of the Alien? Didn't you read his quote?

I didn't literally mean why is it in the title. I meant why has he suddenly pulled a 180 on the whole "we're moving away from Alien" thing? That kinda rash concept change was probably the biggest cause of the problems in the first movie, and it looks like he's doing it again.
Well I was making a juvenile goof based on his quote!

Really though I think it all just comes down to marketing and how they are promoting the movie. Probably as simple as that.
He never said the movie won't be related to Alien, just that it won't connect directly to the first movie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed