Changes in the movies you would have made ?

Started by The Kurgan, Nov 09, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

Author
Changes in the movies you would have made ? (Read 10,617 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bobby brown on Nov 18, 2018, 03:50:15 PM
Prometheus.

I've would remove the exploding head scene.
And I've would remove the mutant Fiefeld plot.

Shit, There is a ton I 've would also change but those are my most hated parts.

Agree, I could care less about how confident they were with the prosthetic makeup, the design sucks, as simple as that. The Covenant concepts show us creepy imagery regarding the mutation process.  At least it's better than a deformed caveman.  >:(

I'm a fan of the CGI version though. Afterall, it can give us a clue of how the Deacon would move. However, the Neomorph did it better. :P

SM

Fifield was mutated in both cases - not a reanimated zombie.

And makeup > CGI roided up Gollum.

Perfect-Organism

I have to rewatch the film.  Was pretty sure they found Fifield's body, dead.  For all intents and purposes, having a planet full of Fiefields would be effectively a zombie apocalypse film.

The make-up is better than cgi..

Immortan Jonesy

I don't like the Fifield design, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a proper monster makeup. Also, I like the balance between practical and digital effects.  :)

SM

The CG Fifield was generally pretty good - the live action version was just better in this instance.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 19, 2018, 01:13:26 AM
I have to rewatch the film.  Was pretty sure they found Fifield's body, dead.  For all intents and purposes, having a planet full of Fiefields would be effectively a zombie apocalypse film.

The make-up is better than cgi..

Fifield is nowhere to be seen when they find Millburn's body.

Perfect-Organism

Oh, right, that was Mulburn's body with that thing in his mouth.  Mea culpa.

The Old One

The Old One

There's a myriad of problems with Prometheus.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 19, 2018, 01:46:35 AMThe CG Fifield was generally pretty good - the live action version was just better in this instance.

The live action version was much more convincing, but I far prefer the CGI version's design.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I would take out the plot of him transforming into a monster entirely. This is the Alien franchise, it ought to be more creative than that.

SM

Alien is a monster franchise.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Yes, But a creative one. Humans turning into aliens, isn't that the most basic shit ever? that's what me and my friends were playing around in my yard when we where kids. However, of course, there are exceptions, The Thing and District 9 are films that use this trope with great effect.

Side note, in Prometheus, what purpose did the Fifield monster scene serve the plot?

Perfect-Organism

It basically served to reinforce the idea that they were wrong.  They were so wrong.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 19, 2018, 09:39:02 PM
It basically served to reinforce the idea that they were wrong.  They were so wrong.

Boy, did I love Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw. "Prometheus" was so wonderfully casted, and shines a spotlight on the lack of gravitas in Katherine Waterston and the "Alien Covenant" cast, in my opinion.

SM

Quote from: bobby brown on Nov 19, 2018, 07:32:44 PM
Yes, But a creative one. Humans turning into aliens, isn't that the most basic shit ever? that's what me and my friends were playing around in my yard when we where kids. However, of course, there are exceptions, The Thing and District 9 are films that use this trope with great effect.

Side note, in Prometheus, what purpose did the Fifield monster scene serve the plot?

Killing extras.

Similar to the hive scene in Aliens, or the QTC fire in Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 15, 2018, 09:59:58 AM
The one thing I've always lamented them not doing in the original quadrilogy (I know it's not a word, sue me) is the meat locker hive scene in Alien 3. Something to show that the Alien actually had a plan beyond just butchering everyone.

Yeah, I really would have liked to have seen that too! Honestly, it's one of the things that bothers me most about the film, I think. I keep having ideas for my own go at rewriting Alien 3 and having the Alien actually abduct people for a nascent-hive and for the emerging Queen is one of the things I'd do if I ever got around to it.

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 18, 2018, 03:54:30 PM
I would keep mutant Fifield, but in the more neomorph like version they had intended before turing him into the zombie version in the movie.

I'd have been interested in seeing them go more with the whole mutating into something more traditionally Alien-like. Whether that was CG or practical. I do prefer that look over the one we got.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed