New Alien Covenant Poster!

Started by SuicideDoors, Mar 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM

Author
New Alien Covenant Poster! (Read 56,904 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 24, 2017, 11:31:35 PM
Woah, is there a queen face hidden in the bottom, or am I seeing things?  :o

http://i.imgur.com/bNFiJG5.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ioy71YY.png

Exciting!

Not really, just looks the same as the ones to the right of the central Alien. But there is a Queen likeness with their mouths and teeth.

426Buddy

426Buddy

We're at 18 pages and no one has posted a full piece  by piece breakdown of this thing yet? ???;D

Enoch i know you're cooking something up right?

newagescamartist

What I find interesting is the variations of the xenomorphs. Some are fleshier, some have extremely sharp teeth, some even have more tubing on their heads. Don't see any biomechanical beasts, but the backdrop does a good job of conveying that aspect. I don't think the xenomorphs have ever had as sharp as teeth as some of them have in this poster. They typically have human teeth, albeit extremely exaggerated in some cases, but here they're flat out monster-like in some areas. It's kind of cool to see. Also, I'm not seeing any hint at the inner jaws, which is strange because it's one of those defining characteristics. We haven't seen even as much as a hint in the trailers or other advertising now that I think about it.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Gorgeous. Poster of the year? I'm glad to see there is finally something excellent happening in the marketing department.

GQSioux

GQSioux

TeeChip seems to be selling the poster now but I question the quality. I highly doubt this is licensed or official. Plus, they've ripped off designs from places like Fright Rags in the past and slapped them on their own products. Any order from them before?

https://pro.teechip.com/calimay?retailProductSlug=DA355F2A47E5B6-F5DAB6F0CEDE-PS0-TC2002-WHT

echobbase79

echobbase79

How can they get away with that? I don't think this place would rip you off, but I don't see how they can do that. Unless they have a deal with Fox?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 25, 2017, 01:46:00 AM
What I find interesting is the variations of the xenomorphs. Some are fleshier, some have extremely sharp teeth, some even have more tubing on their heads. Don't see any biomechanical beasts, but the backdrop does a good job of conveying that aspect. I don't think the xenomorphs have ever had as sharp as teeth as some of them have in this poster. They typically have human teeth, albeit extremely exaggerated in some cases, but here they're flat out monster-like in some areas. It's kind of cool to see. Also, I'm not seeing any hint at the inner jaws, which is strange because it's one of those defining characteristics. We haven't seen even as much as a hint in the trailers or other advertising now that I think about it.

It's likely that the original xenomorphs aren't biomechanical, and the one we saw in Alien 1979 is a mutated/evolved freak of nature to the rest of the xenos.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Speculation:

I still think that all David is doing is reverse engineering the Accelerant.. getting it closer to it's original form. The Accelerant is just a byproduct of the Engineers tampering with the original Alien creature. That's why it creates organisms that act, look, and seemingly reproduce in similar ways. It's a template, a blueprint, a weaponized and easily controllable version of the Alien.

The Alien is maybe in fact an ancient organism created to destroy the Engineers, by the same beings who created the Engineers - the original Space Jockey from Alien. The Engineers stole the "Promethian Fire" from their own gods.. the fire being the Space Jockey technology. That's why the tech at the beginning of Prometheus and the temples in Covenant seems so angular and clean compared to the complex, chaotic and boney architecture of the Derelict. Also accounts for the size differences ;]

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

^ I hope you're right.

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Don't forget that the Xenomorph's purpose is to terraform planets for the Ancient Ones who created both the Engineer and the Predator.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 25, 2017, 08:26:32 AM
Don't forget that the Xenomorph's purpose is to terraform planets for the Ancient Ones who created both the Engineer and the Predator.

You are going to be disappointed.

zoidy

zoidy

Don't buy the poster from that shop, it's simply someone taking the image and whacking it on a print on demand affiliate store, nothing to do with Fox (or teechip themselves) at all. They're obviously hoping to get away with a days worth of commissions without it getting noticed by Fox and shut down, hence the "limited" 24 hr sale.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Alien Runner on Mar 25, 2017, 08:26:32 AM

Your source? (besides YOU!)

:P

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 24, 2017, 11:31:35 PM
Woah, is there a queen face hidden in the bottom, or am I seeing things?  :o

http://i.imgur.com/bNFiJG5.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ioy71YY.png

Exciting!

if i could upvote this i would, that is certainly looking very much like a queen!

if we were to go by that the aliens we see in this poster are engineer-xenos and more biological than biomechanical,
then this might indeed be how the biological queen could look like.

and as for the teeth aspect, that's nonsense, we already have seen how the teeth look like from the normal xeno,
this is different and looks a lot like the queen's teeth.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Queen confirmed!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed