Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 385,956 times)

Manchu

Manchu

Prodos is a very young British company heretofore known only for kickstarting a reboot of Warzone. Warzone was a mid- to late-90s table top miniatures game based on the Mutant Chronicle franchise. In a cryptic post on DakkaDakka yesterday, Prodos seemingly announced their next project:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/556916.page

For me, the number one question here is whether this is a licensed product.

Something to keep an eye on ...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I will lose my shit if that's an official game! Excited!!

Mr. Domino

If it's affordable, I'll get some licensed or no if the final product looks anywhere near as detailed as those CG renders. If it's official, I'll just...go crawl in a hole and die, because I don't have enough money to give them.

Shadow

as a warhammer player i would love if this is true

Manchu

Interesting comment from a German member of DakkaDakka:
QuoteFrom the conversation I had with with someone unnamed at Prodos I can tell they will not do anything without a proper license and would do nothing to threaten said license.

Xenomrph

I've still got the old HorrorClix miniatures, those were pretty neat. These look pretty cool, I'll definitely get them if/when they come out.

Manchu

Prodos pretty much confirmed having the official license:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/60/556916.page#6138764

Mr. Domino

Well, that confirmation pretty much seals it - so much for me getting a Wood Elf army started in time for the new book to release in May, because this company I'd never heard of before yesterday just pointed a vacuum cleaner at my wallet.

Manchu

Prodos has now explicitly stated they have the official license.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Manchu on Oct 12, 2013, 05:41:40 PM
Prodos has now explicitly stated they have the official license.

Good to know. Ha, I was just on my way in here to post this, you ninja you. :D

Hudson

Can someone explain what this company's actually doing? What does "Miniatures Skirmish Game" mean?

[cancerblack]

I'm not sure if they're actually making a game or just models, but basically at the very least, they're making small (28mm) model kits/figurines intended for playing table top combat games with, and potentially a set of rules too.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 12, 2013, 09:30:40 PM
Can someone explain what this company's actually doing? What does "Miniatures Skirmish Game" mean?

It'll be something like Warhammer or ActionClix in a nutshell.

Mr. Domino

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably going to be a standalone boxed game a la Space Hulk, possibly with some expansions for larger pieces like the power loader.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Oct 13, 2013, 03:48:53 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably going to be a standalone boxed game a la Space Hulk, possibly with some expansions for larger pieces like the power loader.

That seems quite likely, although I really have my fingers crossed for being able to buy each race separately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed