Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas?

Started by RabidNinja, Feb 19, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas? (Read 14,044 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 20, 2015, 04:40:58 AMBut since we usually see the people they give the orders to carry out the craziness, apparently that doesnt make them that evil? If you hire folks that go that out there for the job i think it's clear on what level they function.

Who says anyone was ordered to do anything in the first two films? The Nostromo fiasco could easily have been one guy acting on his own initiative, and I've long believed that Burke was doing exactly the same thing - acting alone to impress his bosses and further himself both financially and professionally.

Only in Alien 3 does it seem there's something more substantial going on. And of course by the time you get to ACM, the company are suddenly a bunch of genocidal maniacs. But I much prefer the earlier, less definitively evil portrayal.

T Dog

T Dog

Would be cool if they brought back a young Peter Weyland. Basically Weyland's consciousness downloaded into an android body (young Guy Pearce). You could say it was technology that hadn't been cracked before the events of Prometheus or  that he was obsessed with living life in his own original biological body hence why he went in search of "God".

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If Alien 3 is still relevant, perhaps there could be some story potential in the character of Bishop II.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2015, 03:07:53 AM
If Alien 3 is still relevant, perhaps there could be some story potential in the character of Bishop II.
I think it's a little too late -and ultimately, pointless- trying to clear things like that...

T Dog

T Dog

David could be in this as well if he wanted.

He should just get all the good characters into one film basically. Oh yeah and have loads of new amazing ones.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 22, 2015, 03:21:51 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2015, 03:07:53 AM
I think it's a little too late -and ultimately, pointless- trying to clear things like that...

Don't see what'd need to be cleared. Just that, if they do wind up using Alien 3 and tell a story with WY, he might be relevant.

But then, seeing him get his hands on an Alien would totally undermine Ripley's sacrifice.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud again. Probably going to keep doing that until official info comes out.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2015, 03:27:51 AMDon't see what'd need to be cleared. Just that, if they do wind up using Alien 3 and tell a story with WY, he might be relevant.
If he's a human or an android, to begin with...

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2015, 03:27:51 AMBut then, seeing him get his hands on an Alien would totally undermine Ripley's sacrifice.
Ripley's sacrifice was stupid. One cannot simply get rid of the xeno. The species more than surely is spread across all the galaxy. Her sacrifice was of little use for anyone.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

He's human.

Magegg

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, the film was pretty clear about it. Red blood, screaming in pain, "I'm not a droid!"

Magegg

Magegg

So, he is... an employee of the WY. Other than being played by Henriksen, what's interesting about him?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2015, 05:00:17 AM
Yeah, the film was pretty clear about it. Red blood, screaming in pain, "I'm not a droid!"

Only in the Assembly Cut and Workprint cuts.. Which according to Xenopedia are considered non-canon.

Not trying to stir things up here, mind you.

SiL

SiL

He still bleeds red, his voice doesn't become garbled.

The series had set up its short-hand for showing someone to be an android, and white blood and a distorted voice are it. Bishop II had neither, he's a friggin' human.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2015, 05:52:54 AM
He still bleeds red, his voice doesn't become garbled.

The series had set up its short-hand for showing someone to be an android, and white blood and a distorted voice are it. Bishop II had neither, he's a friggin' human.
Some writers have explained it: Advanced droid. And one that probably thinks he's not a droid, since he keeps on repeating he isn't one...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Advanced droid is fine and all, until you get to the next film and see that 200 years later even more advanced droids still have white blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed