Aliens - Colonial Marines Technical Manual

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2008, 07:31:41 PM

Author
Aliens - Colonial Marines Technical Manual (Read 31,396 times)

Griffith

From all the copies I've found of the A:CMTM around the net and taking advantage on this thread I will be honoured if someon can provide a full High-Res scan of the 2 page cut section of the UD-4L Cheyenn Utility Dropship since the PDF wich I have is the same that you are providing.

Can someone deliver?

P.S. Excuse my poor english

Xenomrph

Quote from: JUPITER-8 on Mar 08, 2010, 11:14:20 PM
Copyright laws? I'm not sure! Seeing as this book has been completely out of print since 1994, I'm sure they're not gonna' bust my door down for it!
It *is* a violation of copyright (I think current US copyright lasts for 100 years or something silly like that), but like you said, I doubt FOX is going to come gunning for you any time soon.

I mean, you can get around the morality of the issue since the book has been out of print for 16 years and the only way to get a copy is either via download or by paying through the nose  on the secondary market, but technically FOX could nail you for copyright infringement.

JUPITER-8

Well then, if Fox comes to my door and tells me that I've ruined their profit, I'll simply tell them that they've ruined the Alien/Predator series.  ;D

Everlasting Undead

I love this book. I used it extensively when I was working on my RPG Supplement for Aliens vs Predator, and it came in handy so much. Still read it now, apply what I can to various different fictions & stories.

I paid a sweet £8.00 for it off my friend. If he knew what second hand copies go for now, he'd be really pissed off. His loss, my gain.

Some of the tech is dated by today's standards, the tanks just look outright like any tanks you may find in service today, but the stuff from the films themselves is just fine.

Kriszilla

Well, he's not trying to make any profit from it. I wouldn't have a problem with it myself if I were in FOX's position since they're not making money off its sales anymore.

However, if you get told to take it down, I suggest you do it.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for uploading this. It's times like these I wish we had a karma system.

SM

Doesn't matter.  It's still breach of copyright because copyrighted material is being freely distributed by someone who isn't allowed to do so.  But as mentioned it'd be a waste of Fox's time to care.  Doubt they'd even bother with a C&D.  It's beneath their notice.

Corporal Hicks

Does copyright even apply to out of print books?

SiL

Yes indeed.

Mr. Domino

Yep. In fact, there was a big stink a number of years ago over someone uploading a Harlan Ellison novel that was long out of print and impossible to find. Ellison took the guy to court over it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hmmm. I think we'll go about this a different way then and ask that you remove the link from the open forum. If people PM you and ask for the link in a private manner, that's yours and their decision.

JUPITER-8

Okay. I'll remove the link ASAP.

For anyone else who wants this read, PM me.

Biggles

Quote from: Everlasting Undead on Mar 09, 2010, 06:30:27 PM
Some of the tech is dated by today's standards, the tanks just look outright like any tanks you may find in service today..

They did even in 1996 when I picked up my treasured copy. After all, tanks haven't changed much in 14 years  . And the scoped rifle is just a Walther WA2000 with green furniture IIRC. The PR has a brown pistol grip too (a result of being an Alien War prop possibly?) and there are various fudges and kludges. But hey, it's unique, and has some really great stuff in it. Before the WWW really took off, it was the only resource of its kind.

StarBeast79

I thought this was worthy of a bump.  A few hours to go and it's still only at $23.  In comparison I got mine for $65 on Amazon a year ago.  Don't miss a good chance, folks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370362540772&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_700wt_1161

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

I have just purchased the book off amazon for 4$ 8$ including shipping.

Just have a few questions -

1. Did i score it for a super cheap price? I was looking at the other shippers and it was going from 75$ - 200$.

2. How is the book overall?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed