Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 731,311 times)

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Another explanation for some of the discontinuities is Ripley being partially awake, stasis interrupted, etc. Different cryotubes can't really be explained other than Fincher wanting something like the original film.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2013, 03:47:21 AM
That's because the UPP boarded the ship, removed the passengers from their tubes (without reviving them) and then placed them back in the senior officers' cryotubes (in a different section of the ship) when they sent the Sulaco back on her merry way.

The white lettering was on the Sulaco's port side.  Black on starboard.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jun 16, 2020, 01:39:56 AM
Another explanation for some of the discontinuities is Ripley being partially awake, stasis interrupted, etc. Different cryotubes can't really be explained other than Fincher wanting something like the original film.

..or there is a part of the story we simply haven't seen yet, between Aliens and Alien 3..which could explain them using different cryochamber and the presence of an egg.. But for most, this is beyond the realm of possibility, and instead will roll with everything from the android did it to the Queen throwing vaginal egg spores 🤣🤣🤣

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The interim between Aliens and Alien 3 probably would have been better suited to an Out of the Shadows-like story.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 13, 2020, 12:37:03 AM
Not only that but in Alien 3 Bishop states that Sulaco is capable of detecting alien life form and movement. The ahip would have been thoroughly searched by Ripley AND scanned by ship with Bishops help

Could WY remotely access the ship?

SM

SM

Insofar as data from the ship is sent back to network.

Huggs

Huggs

"With Bishop's help"

Interesting.

judge death

judge death

All these ideas of Riley doing a scan and use the sulacos systems: I doubt she knew how all those systems work or how to do a scan, she isnt military but civilian and advicor on the mission and I highly doubt all the tech onboard are opened for anyone to use, minimum codes for the higher operations would been needed and then one also need to know what one is doing and what commands to press etc. Hell some people today struggles when using an iphone vs samsung in the menu....
And bishop was probably deactivated or barely working after the damage and hicks is out too so have a feeling ripley just focused on doing visual checks and then making everyone ready for the home trip and after all that they went through, they might not be thinking 100% straight either.

But thats my own theory on it :P

SM

SM

Ash and David operated okay enough after way more damage.  Bishop was able to save Newt after being torn in half.  He could've told Ripley what to do if she couldn't work it out on her own.  And I'd be surprised if she couldn't.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Ripley was a professional starship officer and all three movies demonstrated her technical proficiency to some degree.

Rankles75

Rankles75

She had to look in one or maybe two places. How hard is that?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2020, 07:14:31 AM
Ripley was a professional starship officer and all three movies demonstrated her technical proficiency to some degree.

It was more the fact that it's the alien universe, not much changes. She should've been lost in the woods after a six-decade jump in technology.

SiL

SiL

She flew a ship 200 years after she died.

Stagnating flight technology seems the norm.

Huggs

Huggs

Seems like humanity got only so far and not much further. I'm starting to wonder if the company just owns everything.

"Weyland Yutani Corporation: We Own Everything"

son_of_kane

son_of_kane

Quote from: judge death on Aug 08, 2020, 06:19:10 AM
All these ideas of Riley doing a scan and use the sulacos systems: I doubt she knew how all those systems work or how to do a scan, she isnt military but civilian and advicor on the mission and I highly doubt all the tech onboard are opened for anyone to use, minimum codes for the higher operations would been needed and then one also need to know what one is doing and what commands to press etc. Hell some people today struggles when using an iphone vs samsung in the menu....
And bishop was probably deactivated or barely working after the damage and hicks is out too so have a feeling ripley just focused on doing visual checks and then making everyone ready for the home trip and after all that they went through, they might not be thinking 100% straight either.

But thats my own theory on it :P

I think Ripley familiarised herself with quite a lot of the Sulaco's capabilities and systems prior to the mission. She knew the ship could nuke a site from orbit with a high degree of accuracy, a plain civilian probably wouldn't know that. She also knew how to operate the medical scanner on the EEV. Also, with Hicks incapacitated, I assume Ripley was granted access to all the authority to execute commands.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed