Who should play Newt?

Started by Lonely Universe, Jan 08, 2017, 02:56:49 PM

Author
Who should play Newt? (Read 5,589 times)

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Carrie Henn, of course, but that probably won't happen :<

If Blomkamp's Alien goes into production & they have to find a replacement actress for the role who do you think should play the adult Newt?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Always thought Juno Temple would be good for the role...

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Lol Carrie Henn is anything but "of course". JLaw.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

They could get her in shape & caught up on acting by the time this movie starts filming. I think it would be way cooler if they did it that way than hiring someone new. Just being realistic though, that probably won't happen :<

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Carrie Henn talked about a brief cameo in the film a while back. Think she was supposed to be in a vidphone call or something? Corporal can you remember the details?

But there has also been contradictory information from Biehn who said that Newt will have a much bigger role in the film and that it will be a kind of "passing of the torch" affair from Ripley to Newt. Biehn even mentioned a few actresses that he thought might get the role including Jessica Chastain.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I think they should get Carrie into movie shape and shell do it, it wouldve been great

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

It's not about being in shape, it's about being able to sell tickets. Carrie could get into Linda Hamilton shape and she still wouldn't be right to reclaim the role. She can play an extra role. Maybe a secretary in the background.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 08, 2017, 04:49:13 PM
Always thought Juno Temple would be good for the role...

Just googled her pictures. She looks like teenage Newt!

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

Me too & I agree, she does look like a teen Newt.

Whoever we get, I hope they don't try to sex her up or anything. It would be in poor taste to jump from little Newt to something like that.

Considering the jump in time the actress needs to look mid 30's to early 40's or so.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

QuoteCarrie Henn talked about a brief cameo in the film a while back. Think she was supposed to be in a vidphone call or something?

This for Alien 5.  Then, if there's a sequel, get a new actress to expand the role.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 08, 2017, 04:55:44 PM
Lol Carrie Henn is anything but "of course". JLaw.

My patience with your persistent condensing tone is wearing really thin.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 08, 2017, 05:19:16 PM
Carrie Henn talked about a brief cameo in the film a while back. Think she was supposed to be in a vidphone call or something? Corporal can you remember the details?

That's pretty much the extent of that report - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52405.msg2110363#msg2110363

"Carrie Henn told Ross, that she would appear in the film via a video call that Ripley makes. She wouldn't be fully in the film."

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Makes senses, she didn't want to be an actor and she reviles the well known line she did.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think she's come around to it recently. She seems to have really embraced her role and the fandom of late.

SM

SM

QuoteMy patience with your persistent condensing tone is wearing really thin.

You might want to buy a syllable.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I do think Jennifer Lawrence would do a great job, but I would be confident in Carrie Henn being up to the task, even in a very extended role.  I'm of the mind that actors shouldn't be overly elevated or placed on a pedestal.  They're not brain surgeons.  They don't save people.  Their entire job is to pretend to be someone else and be convincing of that.  With some acting lessons, Carrie Henn COULD do this very effectively.  She does come across as an intelligent, genuine human being, and I bet she could pull it off.

Now the question is, would she sell tickets?  From sheer star-power?  No.  But, this would be a great human story, particularly because she was out of the lime light for so long, and one could argue that this would be even more compelling.  Picture the headlines: CHILD STAR TURNED TEACHER RETURNS FOR ROLE OF A LIFETIME.  It really could just work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed