660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 461,071 times)

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I think the Alien is more believable, if you know what I mean. And that's what makes me like it more.

Kradan

Kradan

For me, biomechnical penis-headed monster who uses people as hosts is as beliviable as space hunter with cloaking technology and freaking shoulder cannon

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

:D

Quote from: Phobos on Dec 17, 2020, 08:50:49 PM
I think the Alien is more believable, if you know what I mean. And that's what makes me like it more.

Hmm. Just looking at the first films Alien to Predator. Space Jockeys. Xenomorphs. Those life cycles. I'll give you that Alien is treated in a much more serious and realistic tone than Predator, but I wouldn't personally find it more believable when it comes down the creatures etc. But that's just me.  :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

They both require a fair bit of suspension of disbelief to begin with, and both get much wackier the longer the series go on.

RidleyScott99

RidleyScott99

I prefer ALIEN. But the first PREDATOR movie is, probably, the most entertaining thing of all time

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

So it's Predator For me. Why you ask? Because they are for one a nostalgic powerhouse for me and two because it's usually a single predator taking down many aliens and not the other way around, I have only seen a single Xenomorph kill more than one Yautja ONE time ever and that was Grid in AVP..which makes Predators in turn the more deadly and cool of the two.

Kradan

Kradan

Read Thicker Than Blood

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 18, 2021, 06:03:31 AM
Read Thicker Than Blood
Ok so two times my mistake, those were the worst Predators in the history of their kind! three of them could not take down one Alien when they were fully armed. LOL.

SiL

SiL

When Predators kill a lot they're badass, when Aliens do it it's clearly because the Predators are incompetent.

Sure, makes perfect sense.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Feb 18, 2021, 08:42:58 AM
When Predators kill a lot they're badass, when Aliens do it it's clearly because the Predators are incompetent.

Hahaha, truly I think when an alien kills multiple predators it's just as badass (Grid is my favorite Alien) I just also wanted to point out those predators still kind of sucked when you compare them to let's say Wolf predator.

windebieste

windebieste

Yeah but the AvP-R Aliens were completely nerfed. Like, Wolf held a pair aloft by the throat and they were just flailed about, squealing like kittens.

A tail through his face was in order.

But no. Apparently, Wolf is a Badass. lol.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

God, don't get me started on the "WoLf Is SuCh A bAdAsS!!1!" people.

Even discounting the Aliens that completely forget they have claws and tails with which they could attack him while he stands there holding them and striking a silly pose, he has literally one job in the movie - to contain the outbreak - but instead of doing that job he spends the whole film either causing widespread collateral damage that just escalates the situation or he's simply fannying about in the woods skinning cops for no constructive reason while the Aliens multiply and take over the town.

Add to which when he finally comes face-to-face with the Predalien, not only does he not just blast it in the face as his mission would dictate, he disarms himself so he can try and punch it to death and then he fails to f**king kill it.

He f**ks up so completely we have to nuke the town to sort it out.

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 18, 2021, 10:46:10 AMBut no. Apparently, Wolf is a Badass. lol.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Feb 18, 2021, 10:24:38 AM

Hahaha, truly I think when an alien kills multiple predators it's just as badass (Grid is my favorite Alien) I just also wanted to point out those predators still kind of sucked when you compare them to let's say Wolf predator.

The Requiem aliens sucked too. That's why Wolf is so Badass.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 18, 2021, 10:46:10 AM
Yeah but the AvP-R Aliens were completely nerfed. Like, Wolf held a pair aloft by the throat and they were just flailed about, squealing like kittens.

A tail through his face was in order.

But no. Apparently, Wolf is a Badass. lol.

-Windebieste.

I can't blame these people. When movie is so ... uneven they look for something to say: "At least THAT was awesome". I for example, like Upgrade Predator

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yes, it does make perfect sense at face value, but not all the time. It's situational. In the context of a universe that contains the film Aliens and Colonial Marines that can plow through more than a handful of Xenomorphs, and the Predators are much more than Colonial Marines in every way, from skill to biology to technology, yes, one Alien should not be able to best three Predators... unless... the Predators are unarmed, or the weapons they choose to use are inferior to amp the challenge, or the Alien bests them one by one by using shadows and the element of surprise.... So again, it's situational.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed