Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 227,254 times)

SM

SM

I think it's closer to 15.

Which, compared to simply getting your bonce bit like Brett, is an eternity.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Just checked. 9 seconds from the second "no" to the last scream

Again, for me impaling with the tale is much more plausible and logical

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

It would also explain what the shot of the tail was for.

SM

SM

QuoteAgain, for me impaling with the tale is much more plausible and logical

Oh I don't think she was raped.  At least not in the traditional sense.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 22, 2010, 06:09:05 PM
Before it grabs Parker, it knocks him back HARD with it's tail.
This is more than likely the source of the blood.

Here's a pic of it holding Parker.

That's an awesome still shot bro.  Poor Parker, so much charm, so much courage.  He went out like a G

The PredBen

The PredBen

Didn't the Predator kill Lambert in the subway? ;D

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The PredBen on May 29, 2010, 05:09:30 AM
Didn't the Predator kill Lambert in the subway? ;D
Isn't the Predator an alien, just as an Alien is a predator?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 27, 2010, 11:42:48 PM
The idea of a rape sounds generally interesting but I wouldnt like it at all in the movie. It doesnt make any sense. Her death lasted only 5 seconds so I doubt theres any room for rape. Besides, with what (no penis) and for what? The creature is asexual and would have no point in doing anything sexual since its not how it reproducts. 5 seconds off scream and shes dead. In those 5 seconds he grabbed her and killed her. So the sex thing could only happen in about 2 seconds

The explanation I take is what we see on screen which is the tail closing in. Since it was originally Brett's death, I take what happened with the tail next as a canon explanation

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/brett.jpg

What's certain is that he killed her fast. Because it sounded like she was choking Im guessing he ripped her open or something similar to this effect.

That doesn't explain why she has no shoes or pants after the alien is done with her.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Yes I know. I still prefer the tail kill over the illogical and pointless rape that just couldnt happen. The way I explain it to myself is that she was so violently ripped apart that some of her clothes got ripped. Parker got his shirt ripped apart during his fight with Ash so I take it as a similar situation

SiL

SiL

Whatever the Alien did it wasn't as simple as stabbing her and headbiting her. It did something absolutely horrible that we will never know.

Parker's shirt got recked, sure, but his shoes and socks didn't come off.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on May 30, 2010, 01:35:33 AM
Whatever the Alien did it wasn't as simple as stabbing her and headbiting her. It did something absolutely horrible that we will never know.

I agree with you. Im thinking about the impaling because quite frankly nothing else comes to mind. But perhaps there shouldnt be a forced explanation and it should be left as a mystery. One of the biggest appeals of ALIEN for me are the mysteries. Who are the space jockeys, what happened to their ship, where did the aliens came from etc etc

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 30, 2010, 01:42:21 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 30, 2010, 01:35:33 AM

I agree with you. Im thinking about the impaling because quite frankly nothing else comes to mind. But perhaps there shouldnt be a forced explanation and it should be left as a mystery. One of the biggest appeals of ALIEN for me are the mysteries. Who are the space jockeys, what happened to their ship, where did the aliens came from etc etc
Still, with a small cast, and it being horror/sci-fi, i would have liked to see her death be a little less vague. 

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I really don't understand why a lot of people seem to think that the implication of the alien 'raping' Lambert would involve the actions of a human rape.  This, of course, would not make much sense.  Whereas I always thought that the alien used the tip of its tail to not only rip her clothes apart but also to actually 'rape' her (this would be when you hear Lambert panting) and then at the moment of the alien's metaphorical orgasm; it sends it's entire tail upwards at a great speed, essentially gutting her (and this is when you hear that final, ear-piercing scream).

As for those who can't fathom why the alien would be inclined to behave this way; why on Earth (or LV-246, if you like) do you assume that the alien would not inherit some of its human host's psychology (as well as physicality). I imagine that the alien itself does not necessarily understand the sexual desires it feels when faced with its first female victim, much like a teenager discovering masturbation for the first time.

As for comments that the alien would not have enough time to perform this rape; why does a rape have to last longer then 10 seconds or so?! This is an alien creature, it is not pure human and therefore our pre-conceived notions of rape on Earth do not dictate how an alien would approach such a terrible act (especially when it lacks the standard necessary 'equipment' for such a task).

In my mind the whole scene is a horrific depiction of the bastardisation of human lust, coupled with an asexual species  :o

These are all my own personal interpretations of course but some people in this thread seem to have never even considered such themes... food for thought  :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Maybe the Alien got Lambert down, and she, in an attempt to survive kicked desperately, but the Alien managed to pull her pants off and... do whatever it did. ???

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 07, 2010, 01:08:55 PM
I really don't understand why a lot of people seem to think that the implication of the alien 'raping' Lambert would involve the actions of a human rape.  This, of course, would not make much sense.  Whereas I always thought that the alien used the tip of its tail to not only rip her clothes apart but also to actually 'rape' her (this would be when you hear Lambert panting) and then at the moment of the alien's metaphorical orgasm; it sends it's entire tail upwards at a great speed, essentially gutting her (and this is when you hear that final, ear-piercing scream).
This disturbes me and makes some sense.(sorry for cutting the post but the PS3 has a word limit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed