Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 731,112 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 30, 2022, 06:08:24 AMI saw this thread got bumped and got insanely hyped.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Who wants to bet @ralfy thinks Bishop did it?

Kradan

Kradan

No, Bishop II did it

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I did it.

Canon.

Kradan

Kradan

Canon, is like ... your opinion, man

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 30, 2022, 09:38:51 PMI did it.

Canon.

SM ordered on wish

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: kwisatz on Oct 30, 2022, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 30, 2022, 09:38:51 PMI did it.

Canon.

SM ordered on wish
You order SM on Wish and get an FM radio instead. The only thing it broadcasts is theories on how the egg got on the sulaco.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Okay so I got a new theory here.
Keep in mind that this theory does rely on a good few assumptions.

- the Queen snuck aboard the drop ship along with a chest burster. (Chest burster was likely given birth to by Apone or Dietrich.)

- this chest burster managed to crawl and hide somewhere on the Sulaco.

- chest burster was either a queen in itself,

Or

- chest burster was a drone. We've seen drones capable of egg morphing. Now... what if in the absence of any hosts, a drone can go dormant or something, and then eventually generate an egg and pop it out? Is all it would take is the ability to generate just one egg, even if it kills the drone a short time later. I like my queen theory better since it would explain why it took so long to grow after popping out of apone or Dietrich. Assuming of course they were impregnated as soon as they were cocooned. I guess in the end it doesn't matter.

- so... once the crew was in hyper sleep, we can then easily have an egg, either through a queen or drone. Whichever Xeno it was can then take the egg and put it above the freezers. I assume a Xeno has the ability to telepathically tell an egg when to open. Xeno then crawls off somewhere, unable to join Ripley and the prisoners!

I suspect there will be some question as to why all of a sudden there were so many Queens being born? Could it be because the xenos were facing so much danger, and in such a situation their biology makes them produce more Queens?

:)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What the f**k

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Well it's a theory.

But I think I'll just stick to looking on ALIEN 3 (and it's sequel) as a pair of fevered dreams that Ripley endures during her hypersleep home....as the fact that she's suddenly in a differently-designed cryosleep chamber at the start of the movie always bugged me more than where that damn egg came from in the first place.  :P 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Uh huh. Does Jonesy getting fatter and changing into a different cat between Alien and Aliens bother you?

Kradan

Kradan

They had good cat food on Gateway lol. It's far easier to explain than magic egg and shape-shifting cryotube  :P

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

While the prisioners at Fiorina "Fury" 161 are representing the crisis of capitalism as a crisis of masculinity, the egg on Sulaco represents "redemption of masculinity repackaged as the promise of violence in the interests of social and political anarchy".

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 21, 2022, 01:29:54 AMUh huh. Does Jonesy getting fatter and changing into a different cat between Alien and Aliens bother you?

Having to use a different cat is slightly different to wantonly changing the design and colour of the Sulaco and its interior.

As much as I love Alien 3, the incongruity of the Sulaco at the start bugs the hell out of me.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Dec 21, 2022, 12:35:56 AMWell it's a theory.

But I think I'll just stick to looking on ALIEN 3 (and it's sequel) as a pair of fevered dreams that Ripley endures during her hypersleep home....as the fact that she's suddenly in a differently-designed cryosleep chamber at the start of the movie always bugged me more than where that damn egg came from in the first place.  :P 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed