The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 143,692 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: VonPelz on Feb 14, 2013, 12:24:13 PM
Angry Joe's review is quite disheartening, although he does manage to find a few good things about the game. Final score 4/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8#ws

Ironically he had posted a "top 10 reasons why A:CM will kick ass" video a couple of weeks before release.

QFT

Dusk

Dusk

I just watched his Top 10. I feel more him, he was so looking forward to this.

Fr0sty

Fr0sty

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 07:40:36 PM
No doubt a whole bunch of people are going to totally ignore negative reviews, only take the positive from mixed reviews and praise the positive reviews, completely ignoring the games faults or making excuses for them, or simply saying ''never cared about graphics, story, AI, never thought it'd be best game ever, a 6 out of 10 game sounds good to me''. Oh the denial.
The averge review score so far is 5.7 out of 10
Well I can honestly say this: Didn't like Alien movies simply just didn't like them..so the story doesn't even matter to me if it goes along with it. I just like the games. The story for me has been fun so far. Are there flaws? yeah I've had a few A.I things get stuck but I'm not gonna sit here and whine about it because it won't do me any good. I don't listen to negative 'reviews' or even positive I form my own opinion and do me own thing.

The game is fun, It's great and once a few of my buddies get it we will have a blast playing multiplayer. Those same companies whose reviews some take serious give Mw3, Blacks op, Black ops 2 9s. They even gave Arkham City a 10! Arkham city was dumb! lol In my opinion of course.

Point being if you like to kill **** and have a good time with your friends I believe this game will be fun for you. The graphics are great but with the lighting they look good..of course the game could of been better but it wasn't and this final product I'm happy with. Just my 2 cents.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I would like to hear what the BSG writers think of the game, and how much of their story made it into the final product (Pitchford claimed that a TV series could have been made out of the material, there was so much.) Having seen what I've seen of the plot and dialogue so far, there's not a trace of BSG's tight, meticulous and engaging writing.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Thats pretty much how I feel. I enjoy it (in particular the MP) but I don't love it. In fact I thought it was silly that people hate it so much but I am starting to understand better as to why. I never watched the demo or anything that would spoil it for me. So in a way I un-intendedly shielded myself from the disappointment people are feeling so heavily.

After checking out the demo reel and what not I am feeling a bit of the "wtf?" sentiment. What the hell happened? Now after reading this I am feeling far more jaded that they dicked around with this for so long. Now the pointing of fingers on who to blame is going on and its even more annoying - they did it, they f**ked up (whether its directly or picking someone else to make their supposed product) and need to step up to the plate.

Fact of the matter is they tried to penny pinch when they had a huge budget to work with. Its time to take that scratch from BL2 and make a serious and potent effort to get this patched up and fixed. Or at the least say they're going to and to please bare with them in the time it takes to do so.

Now in all honesty that isn't going to happen so the only thing left for me to do is never buy a GearBox product again. The only consultation is that I am actually enjoying the game so will continue to play it. But like aforementioned now that I am more aware of the overall picture, I won't be hornswoggled by them again on anything they touch.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Angry Joe's review is quite disheartening, although he does manage to find a few good things about the game. Final score 4/10.

Ironically he had posted a "top 10 reasons why A:CM will kick ass" video a couple of weeks before release.
I was looking forward to this, too bad it was more like depressed Joe than AngryJoe, can't exactly blame him though.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 14, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
I would like to hear what the BSG writers think of the game, and how much of their story made it into the final product (Pitchford claimed that a TV series could have been made out of the material, there was so much.) Having seen what I've seen of the plot and dialogue so far, there's not a trace of BSG's tight, meticulous and engaging writing.
So, was it Mikey Neumann's writing there?

The same person who wrote Hell's Highway which in comparison to this seemed like Apocalypse Now?

How could the same person write such abysmal piece of script and make everything seem so cheap?

SPECIAL FORCES

I'm sorry to interrupt,just saw it and i wanted to post it...from the EGM review:

''While the action falls a bit short of the blend of first-person shooter and survival-horror I was hoping for, it's all fairly well paced—thanks largely to some excellent level design and solid alien AI.''

*sorry if someone else post it too before me.

szkoki

szkoki

ehmm i dont blame him after seeing those so called "preview demos" ...wich basicly was cgi as we know now or one short level of quality work

SM

SM

I thought nu BSG was a schnoozefest - but the crapness of A:CM's writing is a whole new level of bollocks.

Neumann is the guy they've been touting as the 'Writer' over the BSG guys, who I think worked on it a long time ago.

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 14, 2013, 09:17:05 PM
I'm sorry to interrupt,just saw it and i wanted to post it...from the EGM review:

''While the action falls a bit short of the blend of first-person shooter and survival-horror I was hoping for, it's all fairly well paced—thanks largely to some excellent level design and solid alien AI.''

http://images.tzaam.com/full/17m.jpg

*sorry if someone else post it too before me.

They are really going to town on that guy at EGM, with the general consensus that he was paid off.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

i mean Angry Joe does bring up an excellent point on multiplayer.

acidpits

acidpits

So nobody is in any doubt here, www.gamerankings.com have it listed as the 14th worst game on the PC ever based on a minimum of 10 review scores. I played 2 hours and gave up and deleted it off my HDD just because I felt that if I'm going to play a game then my time is going to be spent playing a quality game, not wasting it on this garbage. Yeah the multiplayer might be fun but Jesus... go play multiplayer on something like CoD or Far Cry 3 or anything else really, its multiplayer does not justify you time or your money.
I have never felt so cheated by a game dev in my life.

Nope

Nope

I think the multiplayer offers something significantly different from Far Cry 3 or COD, which is why I'd rather play this than those two.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Pitchford claimed that a TV series could have been made out of the material, there was so much.

I'd be fascinated to see this quote in context.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 15, 2013, 01:28:29 AM
Pitchford claimed that a TV series could have been made out of the material, there was so much.

I'd be fascinated to see this quote in context.
Quote"I don't know if you've ever seen the series Battlestar Galactica? The lead writers Bradley Thompson and David Weddle on our fiction crafted - we could make a whole TV series out of the material they crafted for us."
~ Randy Pitchford, oxm.co.uk.
"on the fiction crafted" is a flub. I'd correct it but I'm about to snooze.. ... ..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed