Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 131,860 times)

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Its about 12pm central US time. And no one is playing ranked or non-ranked games according to my steam. Is steam down? Or is no one really playing this game anymore.  :(

*edit* I have restarted steam and my computer, still no one is online.

dDave

dDave

This Match-Making system is so annoying -___- especially if you try to rank up with friends... its impossoble to find the mode you want :/

Where are the old and good stand-alone servers???

dD.

Xenoraptor

Xenoraptor

Thanks for the help, I found the one for maps but I can't find the skins one :-\ oh well.
That reset is a real pain, sorry to hear about your one.

Drew

Drew

When I survive and win last man standing the score sheet shows my character as an alien, it should display a marine picture. (xbox 360)

Hivemind

Hivemind

I'm getting weird graphical problems on certain maps.

In that valley/canyon on ruins by the stairs:

And on Gateway, in the compound theres a bunch, near that open area by the big door. This one was on the tall broken building:

All that happens is I walk into a certain spot and it glitches out like that. Those are the only two maps ive had problems.
Radeon 4890 and catalyst 9.10 if it helps (i know its outdated :p)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Up until now, it was running mostly smoothly, but ever since downloading the automated Windows update for new Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT drivers, I'm encountering a lot more forced 'pauses'. Especially as the Predator, although I find there are a lot less of those if you decloak yourself.

Going to experiment with the DX 9 version and turning off a few options, much later.

EvilestKahn

EvilestKahn

I'm woundering all is it my connection or just the devs have messed when it comes too match making on the 360.

I am getting tired of

1 not being able to have constant games with friends in my live room, who for some reason keep getting kick back to the lobby when I join a game so I have to step out and restart..

2 when you get a game and if people drop out they should lose a rank, same as in madden football (im a brit who like this game, and when I'm beating yanks after the 2 minute warning 4th quarter and i'm winning many yanks drop out, but I get a bonus and they loss points).

3. why cant I host a ranked game same as in rainbow vagas six 2 or even dedicate my system as a dedicated server.. I have a T1 line to my house.

I love the game but the MP is destorying it...

Androktasie

Androktasie

Unfortunately I had to cancel a LAN party over this.

Even though AvP 2010 seems as though it can host a listen server and browse LAN games without the Dedicated Server, unfortunately all of multiplayer is blocked off if Steam's running in Offline Mode.  Where I host in Clanton, AL, the recreation center lacks an internet connection and because it's a town in the sticks, there's no 3G wireless we can share.

For Quakecon in Texas, every year the connection to Steam is blocked remotely because of too many connections from a single IP, and that's on top of the overtaxed bandwidth as-is. I'm sure there's plenty of other LAN party communities both large and small that are affected by this, because internet is scarcely found at any LAN held at a rec center or warehouses, and most large corporate LANs that I've been to.  If internet is even available, you can be sure it's unreliable.

Rebellion, please allow us to properly host and browse for the game at LAN parties when there's no connection to Steam.

If the multiplayer is blocked out of fears for piracy, I believe these fears to be unfounded.  Team Fortress 2 allows for multiplayer in offline mode, and that's damn near impossible to pirate for LAN parties because of all the version mismatches since patches are delivered only through Steam. Assuming that AvP will be patching in the same manner since it's so closely tied to Steam, it should be a non-issue.  Everyone who wants to play will need a legit copy of the game, and if the game's any good, that isn't a hard thing to pull off.  Really it only drives sales.

I love PC gaming for three reasons: Mouse+Keyboard, mods, and LAN parties.  But if developers continue to follow this dangerous trend of crippling LAN play, there would no longer be a reason to host LAN parties, and that would be a sad day indeed.   :'(

I encourage everyone that is affected by this issue to please contact SEGA (registration required) and voice your opinion.

And yes, this is essentially a repost from my thread in the Steam forums, but I hear that Rebellion developers actually browse this forum so I'm posting here for more visibility.  Please do not derail this thread with immature "pirates always win" or "I want LAN so I can play for free"-type crap.  That doesn't help.

Spoon

Spoon

Is it just me or does it really take such a long time just to play 1 game online the xbox360?
Its driving me crazy and most of the time ill just leave the room and do something else until I hear the loud women voice in background "SPIECE DEATHMATCH KILL EVERYTHING!" lol
  Im not a MW2 freak but I have to admit it takes less then 10 seconds from loading the game until actually in a multiplayer game

grantrob

grantrob

Hey Guys

(PC Version AVP2010)

I bought this game ONLY for the MP aspects but now find I cant find ANY internet games to connect to here in Australia.  If I change my region to US or UK then I can see 4 or 5 games in Player Match browse.  I can never get connected to any games in Ranked mode.  What is going on?  I have seen a few people in different forums all complaining of the same problem.

By the way I have absolute,y no problems connecting to other Steam games in MW2 and Crysis

bobcunk

bobcunk

mem leak? is there a memory leak or something? it runs kinda stuttery but im getting 60fsp? i have 4 gigs of ram and quade core.

ToeKnee

ToeKnee

yes i totally agree with Androktasie.  There needs to be a lan option for AVP.

Thats super important for gamers to have fun at lan parties and helps a game last way longer in the long run.

It needs to be like tf2, cs 1.6, source, battlefield 2, starcraft, the list goes on.  Or else AVP is gonna be left in the dust.
Competitive games need a lan option!

kaljo

kaljo

This "Hotfix" didnt fix  the hangs..just made em go away for a few hours..their back now and they like it. -.-. Poor matchmaking btw..god.

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

The matchmaking on the 360 is really slow and sometimes I cant even find a game even if I choose any gametype but the most annoying thing of all however is when a host quits the game just before the end of a match and no one gets any xp regardless of how well they did. Is there someway Rebellion could implement host migration or perhaps just some work around to allow people who didnt quit the match the xp and kills they acquired up to that point.

Namihana

Namihana

Okay, I'm pissed as crap right now.

I was enjoying the Pred campaign, when it freezes up on me. Yes, vision mode changing...and in the MIDDLE OF A FREAKING OBJECTIVE SAVE THING!

Now it won't let me play, saying that the trophy registration thing is failing to sync up or something. What do I do to solve this problem? I really need your help guys. Heck, I even deleted my save data thinking that would help. It didn't.

Btw, I'm on the PS3.

Thanks in advance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed