Started by Gr33n M4n, Nov 16, 2020, 01:54:28 PM

Author
The Occult (Read 4,859 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Mysteries: Spontaneous Combustion

''Spontaneous human combustion (SHC) is a phenomenon in which a human being supposedly bursts into flames with no warning and for no apparent reason. Most victims of SHC are older adults, while women slightly outnumber men, and far more victims are overweight than not. Cases of SHC share other characteristics as well. Often the fire is localized to the victim, so that furniture or other objects in the vicinity are not burned.''

Proposed Explanations As to why some people would spontaneously combust and not others, believers say that the answer lies in the fact that most victims are in a highly emotional state in the moments before bursting into flames, and many had been depressed or even suicidal for days before. This suggests, believers theorize, that a victim's emotional state creates energy that then causes the cells in his or her body to spark and ignite the body's fat. One such believer, Pennsylvania school bus driver Larry Arnold, has theorized that some people have a heightened sensitivity, at the cellular level, to sparks produced by emotional energy, and this makes them more susceptible to SHC.''

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Mysteries: Bermuda Triangle

''Roughly encompassing the Atlantic waters between Puerto Rico, Bermuda, and the southern tip of Florida, the Bermuda Triangle is associated with the mysterious disappearance of several airplanes and ships. One of the most famous Bermuda Triangle disappearances took place in December 1945. At this time, five U.S. Navy bombers out of Florida vanished over the Bermuda Triangle while conducting a training mission. Despite a search effort that lasted five days and involved 930 flyovers by search planes, no sign of the missing aircraft was ever found. Skeptics argue that since the search planes did not encounter any mysterious phenomena, the notion that something paranormal happened to the missing planes is nonsense. They believe that the bombers simply crashed into the sea after becoming lost in difficult weather and running out of gas. In support of this view, U.S. Navy records indicate that the commander of the flight had radioed that his compasses were malfunctioning and that the pilots were lost.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Where the f**k's Mal when you need him?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Who's Mal?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

An angry old man who used to yell at people here. He liked threads like this.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 06, 2020, 01:56:39 AM
Where the f**k's Mal when you need him?

I am maledoro, but I am retired from my duties as skeptical inquisitor. I'm Gemini btw.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Wait for real?!!!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nah  ;D

[cancerblack]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I didn't even know the guy. I practice critical thinking, and I was reading some old pages in the theological thread some time ago. There I saw an atheist who stood out from the rest  :laugh:

Also, I can prove that I am myself  ;D

Spoiler
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No timestamp, that's gotta be a fake.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

What is a timestamp?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Haunted Kentucky: Waverly Hills Sanatorium

This grim, bat-winged building is the archetype of the haunted hospital or insane asylum. The first hospital on this windswept hill on the edge of Louisville was built in 1910 to treat victims of the "white plague" of tuberculosis that was ravaging the country. Waverly Hills served as a geriatric hospital from the 1960s until the 1980s, and several stories about the spooky old hospital are based on rumors from this time that patients were mistreated, including claims that radical treatments such as electroshock therapy were used.

People report hearing footsteps and the screams of patients have from empty rooms. Ghostly, shadowy forms have been said to gather in the building's dark recesses and are said to follow visitors through the narrow corridors. Phantom footsteps and voices reportedly echo along the "death tunnel," or "body chute" — an underground tunnel that leads from the hospital to railway tracks at the bottom of the hill, to transport the dead away from the hospital where the living patients would not see them.

The death tunnel where the dead were transported

Several stories center on the fifth floor of the hospital, where tuberculosis patients with mental disturbances were reportedly treated. In particular, Room 502, where two nurses are said to have killed themselves — one by hanging, the other by jumping to her death — is said to be haunted. Some visitors claimed to have seen mysterious shapes moving in the windows, or to have heard voices telling them to "get out."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should spend the night there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed